• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

Talamius

How does Kizer look? I have Brees who has a bye Week 5 and he plays the Jets that week. May try to sneak in a claim for him while everyone is in a frenzy over Wentz amd Alex Smith.

h7ZHgen.png

this L hurts

nooooooooooo

jfkgoblue

Kareem will carry us to victory friend.
I sure hope so.

I put in a trade offer for Joe Mixon by offering Amendola, the guy needs WR badly, but idk if he would want to risk it with Amendola concussion.

Considering it is a .5 ppr league he would be getting the better end of the deal if not for the injury question.

I sure hope so.

I put in a trade offer for Joe Mixon by offering Amendola, the guy needs WR badly, but idk if he would want to risk it with Amendola concussion.

Considering it is a .5 ppr league he would be getting the better end of the deal if not for the injury question.
I wouldn't trade for Mixon personally.. at least not yet.. not until Mixon finally displaces Hill as the starter. Danny may be inconsistent, but I would probably put more faith in Brady and the Pats O getting their act together than bet on Mixon yet.

Question is, should one be concerned with how badly Dalton did and how crappy that Oline is for Cincy? Baltimore is the walking dead again and they still got pummeled. That's concerning to me.

Also Gut, is something wrong with the engine, I'm trying to plug in an offer and the standard tab isn't working right?

How does Kizer look? I have Brees who has a bye Week 5 and he plays the Jets that week. May try to sneak in a claim for him while everyone is in a frenzy over Wentz amd Alex Smith.
Like a rookie.. but he has potential.. I'm honestly impressed with how he looked (held the ball too long and that opened him up to so many sacks). But he played will.

As a Browns fan, I wasn't depressed at the end and i felt "good" about a loss for the first time in a very long time.

jfkgoblue

I wouldn't trade for Mixon personally.. at least not yet.. not until Mixon finally displaces Hill as the starter. Danny may be inconsistent, but I would probably put more faith in Brady and the Pats O getting their act together than bet on Mixon yet.

Question is, should one be concerned with how badly Dalton did and how crappy that Oline is for Cincy? Baltimore is the walking dead again and they still got pummeled. That's concerning to me.

Also Gut, is something wrong with the engine, I'm trying to plug in an offer and the standard tab isn't working right?
The thing is, my only other RBS are Kareem Hunt(who is gonna be a fantasy monster granted) his handcuff, and James White. Amnendola is a bench WR for me.

Seems like there are some good RBs to be had on the waiver wire. I am thinking of dumping James White for one of the following:

Javorius Allen
Tarik Cohen
Kerwynn Williams

Which of those 3 are people here digging the most? I wish they weren't each in timeshares, but my gut feeling is Cohen even though the Bears are terrible.

Or should I just keep White? My problem with that is that I have Gillislee, too...

goober

Cobb went undrafted in one of my leagues. Worthy of a pickup, or was he just a gameplan for Seattle?

I'm low on the waiver wire, so idk. this is half ppr if that matters. Benches are short too, so I'd be dumping by streamer QB (Palmer).

jfkgoblue

Cobb went undrafted in one of my leagues. Worthy of a pickup, or was he just a gameplan for Seattle?

I'm low on the waiver wire, so idk. this is half ppr if that matters. Benches are short too, so I'd be dumping by streamer QB (Palmer).
I've never seen the point of having an extra QB taking up roster space.

The thing is, my only other RBS are Kareem Hunt(who is gonna be a fantasy monster granted) his handcuff, and James White. Amnendola is a bench WR for me.
Gotcha.. then I would make the deal.

I am trying to figure out how I can secure my RB position with the rise of Tarik Cohen since Howard was my RB and keeper (so sad) my RBs are Howard, Gore, and Kareem (and Matt Jones since I thought he'd become Gore's handcuff or future replacement, I was wrong there).

I need to magically pray Cohen falls to me since I'm first in the league and I'm 12th on the waiver wire sadly.

I've never seen the point of having an extra QB taking up roster space.
I personally like having a back up TE or QB in case one of your QBs die or you can try to flip for something even minuscule.

So as a person that lost Johnson but owns Rawls, who should I target this week? Do I go for Chris Carson and try to lock up the Seahawks run game somewhat or try for the more immediate success of Cohen or Buck Allen? I'm personally leaning Allen at the moment but I'm open to suggestions.

jfkgoblue

Gotcha.. then I would make the deal.

I am trying to figure out how I can secure my RB position with the rise of Tarik Cohen since Howard was my RB and keeper (so sad) my RBs are Howard, Gore, and Kareem (and Matt Jones since I thought he'd become Gore's handcuff or future replacement, I was wrong there).

I need to magically pray Cohen falls to me since I'm first in the league and I'm 12th on the waiver wire sadly.

I personally like having a back up TE or QB in case one of your QBs die or you can try to flip for something even minuscule.
Yeah I have little chance at getting cohen as I scored the most points last week thus last on WW.

Honestly after the top 4 QBs there isn't a lot of difference between 5-12 so streaming a QB playing weak defenses is the better strategy in that case IMO.
So as a person that lost Johnson but owns Rawls, who should I target this week? Do I go for Chris Carson and try to lock up the Seahawks run game somewhat or try for the more immediate success of Cohen or Buck Allen? I'm personally leaning Allen at the moment but I'm open to suggestions.
In a PPR league go for Cohen, he is a ball catcher. Allen may be the #1 back now, but his ypc was awful, so he's a bit more risky.
Jameis' game was postponed, hence the pick-up. But do you think Cobb is worth owning over the other waiver wire guys people are frantic for?
If you are low on the WW you aren't going to get Cohen, Allen or Williams. So unless you have a desperate need for RB, it's worth a flier on him IMO. Although I think you should target Golladay or Hurns as your primary WR pickups and put him below those two, maybe you'll get lucky.

Here's my waiver order for reference (keep in mind I'm pretty desperate for a RB)
HRufjjl.png

Yeah I have little chance at getting cohen as I scored the most points last week thus last on WW.

Honestly after the top 4 QBs there isn't a lot of difference between 5-12 so streaming a QB playing weak defenses is the better strategy in that case IMO.
I guess my goal could be to flip Howard to the one who wins the Cohen contest for either a more solid RB or a top WR or something.

I get why people are up for streaming QBs, I just hate that since I would prefer security and not have to rely on getting a QB in a good matchup on the waiver wire. I have a bench for a reason, I would get more value in having a decent back up than trying to hold on a RB that might be a handcuff (unless their names are Tevin Coleman or Derrick Henry for different reasons). But I'm probably wrong in this line of thinking.

jfkgoblue

I guess my goal could be to flip Howard to the one who wins the Cohen contest for either a more solid RB or a top WR or something.

I get why people are up for streaming QBs, I just hate that since I would prefer security and not have to rely on getting a QB in a good matchup on the waiver wire. I have a bench for a reason, I would get more value in having a decent back up than trying to hold on a RB that might be a handcuff (unless their names are Tevin Coleman or Derrick Henry for different reasons). But I'm probably wrong in this line of thinking.
It works well if you or only one other person are streaming, but yeah I understand the desire for security just in case. It mostly comes down to personal preference, I just like being able to use another bench slot on a WR or RB, especially in the early weeks where you can get someone who comes from nowhere to become a fantasy stud. Every year there is that one guy that no one drafted that becomes a top performer.(Most notably 2014 with OBJ)

So it's more risky to not have a solid backup, but it allows for more chances on the WW.

joeposh

PSA Chris Johnson has been picked back up an likely to be the main guy in AZ.

That ESPN report makes very little sense. He went from getting cut because Kerwynn was a better back-up option, but now he's the clear starter? I'm skeptical of that.

As a David Johnson owner who has pretty much no shot at nabbing Cohen or Allen (my league has one diehard Ravens fan and I am 9/10 in the waiver wire) this potential committee in AZ is a mess.

I'm stayin far away from the waiver wire this week

since i barely snaked a win (won by 0.5 points) i'm putting in a claim for ravens defense

fuck no am i playing patriots against brees in the superdome

and whatever kicker i decide go with the lulz (I have viniateri and I have no confidence in him with no luck)

Hazelhurst

Seems like there are some good RBs to be had on the waiver wire. I am thinking of dumping James White for one of the following:

Javorius Allen
Tarik Cohen
Kerwynn Williams

Which of those 3 are people here digging the most? I wish they weren't each in timeshares, but my gut feeling is Cohen even though the Bears are terrible.

Or should I just keep White? My problem with that is that I have Gillislee, too...
Cohen, easily.

And right as I say that they bump me up to #2 on the waiver

Time2Cohen
Damn you..

It's the first time I can say Bronson got one over on me..

Gut, Tom, Foppy, anyone else who gets him.... name your price for him or Howard.

CJ Fiedoowicz was IRd btw for any owners out there.

Servbot24

Banned
What do y'all think of this offer I got:

I give Michael Thomas
I receive Randall Cobb and Ameer Abdullah

I lost both David Johnson and Danny Woodhead to injury so I'm hurting for RBs. I have Gillislee and James White on the bench, and will get either Cohen or Kerwynn Williams from waiver wire.

For WR I've got Michael Thomas, Alshon Jeffreys and Golden Tate.

I give Michael Thomas

I lost both David Johnson and Danny Woodhead to injury so I'm hurting for RBs. I have Gillislee and James White on the bench, and will get either Cohen or Kerwynn Williams from waiver wire.

Only thing is my receivers are already fairly weak. I've got Michael Thomas, Alshon Jeffreys and Golden Tate.
No, Cobb is a large step down and Abdullah isn't worth price of Thomas. That's just my opinion. I would make a counteroffer because that's not worth it in any scoring format to me.

You're trading a WR1 for a WR 3 and a RB 3

Apath

Here is my pickup order with the 3rd spot on the waiver:

1. Tarik Cohen
  2. Javorius Allen
  3. Kerwynn Williams
  4. Marqise Lee
  5. Nelson Agholor
  6. Charles Clay
Only queued up to drop three guys, so the most I'll get from this list is 3. Hoping for Javorious, Marqise, and Clay. I am keeping Woodhead unless anyone here thinks he is droppable at this point.

phanphare

Banned

I give Michael Thomas

Only thing is my receivers are already fairly weak. I've got Michael Thomas, Alshon Jeffreys and Golden Tate.

fuck that trade, is my personal take

you need a rb most of all and abdullah is not someone I'm trading michael thomas for even if cobb is included in the deal. I'd much rather just get a better rb and trade thomas straight up for that rb then get an eh rb and an eh wr packaged together.

I'd just look at the teams in your league and see who looks like they need some help at wr and see how it goes

I give Michael Thomas

For WR I've got Michael Thomas, Alshon Jeffreys and Golden Tate.

Don't do it. Not worth losing a stud like Thomas especially when you already lost DJ. You need that dependable output. Cobb and Abdullah's production will be all over the place. Usually on the lower end though I'd wager.

jackdoe

I would love to get into the Tarik Cohen waiver fight (I have a waiver 2 position), but I have a solid RB situation (LeSean McCoy and Melvin Gordon), and I desperately need a WR after Allan got injured that I can't dick around with the position and lose out on either Kupp or Golladay.

I'ma reach for Cohen and Golladay in my big league
Skip waivers since I'm too low in one
Then just reach for everybody in the last one since nobody cares

Here's my waiver order for reference (keep in mind I'm pretty desperate for a RB)
HRufjjl.png

You're wasting your waiver on any of those guys other than Tarik Cohen. Tarik Cohen might require waivers to get, maybe Kerwynn Williams, but nobody else will on that list so if you don't get those first two you're gonna waste your waiver priority on trash that you could pick up with normal free agency.

Managing your waiver priority is s huge thing in FF, assuming you have a standard waiver system.

Oh also GOlladay. Golladay is worth a waiver priority.

Jims

Anyone have any FAAB advice on what to expect? First time using a budget, not sure what usually happens. Is it a good practice to put in $1 or $2 bids on the less trendy players, just in case? Or does everyone just go after the weekly big names and everyone else is a waste of money?

Thinking about putting in a bid of $2 on Mike Tolbert (I'm the McCoy owner) but dunno if that is unrealistic, or if that is the kind of player that is instead pursued in free agency.

jfkgoblue

You're wasting your waiver on any of those guys other than Tarik Cohen. Tarik Cohen might require waivers to get, maybe Kerwynn Williams, but nobody else will on that list so if you don't get those first two you're gonna waste your waiver priority on trash that you could pick up with normal free agency.

Managing your waiver priority is s huge thing in FF, assuming you have a standard waiver system.

Oh also GOlladay. Golladay is worth a waiver priority.
Yeah I was thinking that anyway, but I'm dead last in waiver priority.

Anyone have any FAAB advice on what to expect? First time using a budget, not sure what usually happens. Is it a good practice to put in $1 or $2 bids on the less trendy players, just in case? Or does everyone just go after the weekly big names and everyone else is a waste of money?

My 3 rules of FAAB

1. Bid for your Survival
If you just lost David Johnson and you're looking at starting Rex Burkhead, you need a better option. So bid recommended + more.

2. Bid for Backup Plans
There's always a chance somebody will outbid you. So if there are halfway options, bid on them too. If you bid less, they get automatically reprioritized. You can even bid zero, which is useful for kickers or "I just need to fill a bench slot with a lottery ticket".

3. Bid for if you Win!
FAAB works like a logic system. It's totally fine to do this, for example:
i. Bid $20 for Tarik Cohen (add to empty slot)
ii. Bid $10 for Javorius Allen (add to empty slot)
iii. Bid $10 for Javorius Allen (drop Curtis Allen)

In that example, if you lose on Tarik Cohen, (iii) becomes impossible and (ii) is evaluated instead. But if you win Cohen, then (ii) is impossible and (iii) is evaluated, giving you a chance at both players. You can also set manual priority in for situations where two actions have the same value.

Tall4Life

Should I try to get Aghalor and Carson off waivers? I feel like they're more likely to be flash in the pans or at least slow down the next few weeks than the other main guys (Tarik, Golladay, doing Buck Allen too).

Also, I'm thinking about dropping Austin Hooper and getting the Raiders TE Jared Cook. Olsen is my starting TE, but he had dogshit numbers and Cook is against the Jets next week. Hooper is kind of overvalued IMO because of that long catch for a TD. Cook could be my flex, though that's between Watkins and Thielen, and those are a bit more sure bets than tight ends...

Jims

I feel like Aghalor's fantasy points are a little flukey, since his long TD came off of a busted play. He also benefited from Josh Norman shutting down Alshon.

I really like Chris Carson as a project. Seattle looks completely wretched at running the ball right now, and Pete Caroll is going to play around a lot with that backfield. With Lacy looking the way he is and Rawls being perennially banged-up, I could see Carson a nice stash in the second half of the season.

My 3 rules of FAAB

Thanks! Those rules make a lot of sense. #3 seems kinda tricky, doing all the different scenarios, will have to review mine to make sure I don't have any overlaps.

Kinda feels like it's a good idea to keep a lot of those bucks in the bank for when you do have to bid for Survival. Or to do things to keep yourself floating above that level. My team is very, very top-heavy at RB (it's literally Gordon/McCoy/White), so am thinking about going $5 for Mike Tolbert and at least locking down that juicy Buffalo backfield.

fade_

So I just finished my waiver wire priority after losing DJ and ARob and it looks like nested if statements 10 deep. Need some good luck.

Beach

Should I try to get Aghalor and Carson off waivers? I feel like they're more likely to be flash in the pans or at least slow down the next few weeks than the other main guys (Tarik, Golladay, doing Buck Allen too).

Also, I'm thinking about dropping Austin Hooper and getting the Raiders TE Jared Cook. Olsen is my starting TE, but he had dogshit numbers and Cook is against the Jets next week. Hooper is kind of overvalued IMO because of that long catch for a TD. Cook could be my flex, though that's between Watkins and Thielen, and those are a bit more sure bets than tight ends...

Not impressed by Aghalar at all to be honest. 90% of his plays came from one play along with other factors.

And please start Watkins or Thielen over Cook at flexes. Cook ceiling is 6 points.

How do you guys feel about Bennie Fowler?

Streamer TE which puts him along with 10 other TEs. Would not make a big bid on him at all.

LOL no thanks on Fowler, that won't be happening again

Thanks! Those rules make a lot of sense. #3 seems kinda tricky, doing all the different scenarios, will have to review mine to make sure I don't have any overlaps.

Kinda feels like it's a good idea to keep a lot of those bucks in the bank for when you do have to bid for Survival. Or to do things to keep yourself floating above that level. My team is very, very top-heavy at RB (it's literally Gordon/McCoy/White), so am thinking about going $5 for Mike Tolbert and at least locking down that juicy Buffalo backfield.

Well the thing is, FAAB systems are smart enough that you won't have conflicts. It will sort everything automatically by bid amount, it's just up to you to set priority if you want to make the same bid dropping different players, or other eventualities.

I think it's wise to keep money for the inevitable big injury later in the year, but consider that it's not a guarantee. Howard was an early add last year, while Spencer Ware came later but honestly wasn't nearly as good. Waiting until midseason means losing out on the early difference makers (maybe Cohen?) but possibly safeguarding you for elite handcuffs who could come in and make a difference. If I was loaded, I would wait. If I had gaps, I'd take the plunge.

I'm in 1st place, so I'm last in waivers.

Not bothering till they clear this morning.

If I do anything, I'm grabbing Tavecchio and the Ravens defense.

goober

DJ owners, are you guys holding or dropping him in redraft? 2-3 months is a long time and Arians said not til Week 16.

Top Bottom