• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

jackdoe

I'm having trouble deciding my WR positions. Demarius Thomas is an easy start, but the last two positions are between T.Y. Hilton, Cooper Kupp, and Kenny Golladay. I just don't know how much I can trust Brisset.

Tom Nook

I'm having trouble deciding my WR positions. Demarius Thomas is an easy start, but the last two positions are between T.Y. Hilton, Cooper Kupp, and Kenny Golladay. I just don't know how much I can trust Brisset.

Yes, stay away of the Colts Offence

Kupp.

NYR

TY generally played poor without Luck. Don't play him.

In 10 games with backup quarterbacks (Matt Hasselbeck 8 starts, Tolzien 1 start, Josh Freeman 1) over the past two years, Hilton's targets per game fall from 8.5 to 7.0. His receptions per contest go from almost 5 per game to 3.9. Hilton averages 77.2 yards per game and .4 TDs per contest with Luck. Without Luck, those numbers sink to 60.9 with 2 TDs in 10 games.

CJ Anderson and Tyler Eifert (doesnt have a great TE) for Kyle Rudolph and Andre Ellenginton (David Johnson injured)

Who's the winner in this trade?

NYR

CJ Anderson and Tyler Eifert (doesnt have a great TE) for Kyle Rudolph and Andre Ellenginton (David Johnson injured)

I would rather have CJ and Eifert. Kyle is TD dependant and the Cards backfield is a mess, it's going to be a committee.

Yea that colts offense is scary bad right now, I was planning on Hilton being an every week starter for me, but I think I have to start Garcon instead this week

VoxPop

CJ + Eifert are the ones to keep here. CJ looked pretty good out there especially with that Jamaal fumble. It's just a matter of him staying healthy. Rudolph is decent but Eifert is a red zone monster when Dalton isn't playing like a complete bum. There's a good chance their offense picks it back up in the coming weeks. Ellington isn't even the starting back on that team (Kerwynn is) but it will most likely be a committee between them and CJ2YPC going forward.

I took a gamble and traded away Demarco for Jordan Howard. I know Jordan has the whole Tarik Cohen thing looming over him but I think they'll both be used along the lines of Devonta/Tevin. Demarco looked pretty slow out there on Sunday and I could see Henry creeping into his snaps.

McBryBry

Guy has Devonta Freeman and Melvin Gordon, needs some WR depth since his top are Pryor, Hilton, Watkins.

I have Julio, AJ, Landry, Desean Jackson, Golden Tate, and Rishard. Also will hopefully have Cobb since someone dropped him. Who would you offer/take for one of those two?

Guy has Devonta Freeman and Melvin Gordon, needs some WR depth since his top are Pryor, Hilton, Watkins.

I have Julio, AJ, Landry, Desean Jackson, Golden Tate, and Rishard. Also will hopefully have Cobb since someone dropped him. Who would you offer/take for one of those two?
AJ and Jackson for Melvin I would take and run with.

You could try and offer Julio for Melvin or Freeman straight up?

Tom Nook

Someone dropped Justin Tucker and he is available on Waivers. Is there something wrong with him that I'm not aware of? Thanks

I have Crosby, so it not really an upgrade.

phanphare

Banned

I'd pay up for either one of them. you'll still have either julio or aj when it's all said and done as a top wr option and some decent wr depth (especially is it's ppr or half ppr in landry and tate's case) and both of those RBs should be great. they'll both get carries and catch passes.

McBryBry

I'd pay up for either one of them. you'll still have either julio or aj when it's all said and done as a top wr option and some decent wr depth (especially is it's ppr or half ppr in landry and tate's case) and both of those RBs should be great. they'll both get carries and catch passes.

10 team standard so no ppr. I'm fine with either of them, just want a 'dude' to put next to CJA, McCaffrey and Ingram. I like Floyd's idea of AJ and Desean, less confident in either of them than I am Julio.

10 team standard so no ppr. I'm fine with either of them, just want a 'dude' to put next to CJA, McCaffrey and Ingram. I like Floyd's idea of AJ and Desean, less confident in either of them than I am Julio.
I wouldn't trade Devonta, but I would Melvin personally if I'm him. I just can't make myself trust him yet even after him having a decent week one.

Jarlaxle

Need some help setting my lineup this week. Standard. 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex.

QB: Phillip Rivers, Kirk Cousins

RB: Leveon Bell, Isaiah Crowell, Christian McCaffrey, Tarik Cohen, Paul Perkins

WR: Amari Cooper, Stefon Diggs, Keenan Allen, Pierre Garcon, Willie Snead

TE: Hunter Henry, Jack Doyle

Defense: Ravens

Kicker: Graham Gano

Need some help setting my lineup this week. Standard. 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex.

QB: Phillip Rivers, Kirk Cousins

RB: Leveon Bell, Isaiah Crowell, Christian McCaffrey, Tarik Cohen, Paul Perkins

WR: Amari Cooper, Stefon Diggs, Keenan Allen, Pierre Garcon, Willie Snead

TE: Hunter Henry, Jack Doyle

Defense: Ravens

Kicker: Graham Gano
Pip
Bell and Crow
Cooper, Diggs, Allen
Doyle of the two TEs you have

jfkgoblue

I wouldn't trade Devonta, but I would Melvin personally if I'm him. I just can't make myself trust him yet even after him having a decent week one.
I had Melvin Gordon last year and while he performed well fantasy wise, he relied on TDs too much for my liking.

Also odd team leagues suck, cuz I'm on bye this week.

Doomsayer

Ok, I need a bit of help.

I have my receivers ready to go:

AJ Green, Tyreek Hill, Jarvis Landry.

I just need to figure out my RB situation, pick 2.

Lamar Miller, DeMarco Murray, Joe Mixon, James White.

1 PPR league. I'm thinking Murray and White because I don't think Miller is going to do much this week.

1 PPR league. I'm thinking Murray and White because I don't think Miller is going to do much this week.

I was going to pick Miller and Murray. Patriots have too many RB options imo

mixon's pretty much unstartable until his coach allows him the full load of carries (i'm expecting maybe ~week 5/6)

murray and miller(even though I don't like him) are probably your best bets

At lunch I saw video on espn of Beckham going through drills and moving well and then just a few minutes ago got an alert that he could be out until around week 6. Soooo good luck Beckham owners.

Apath

At lunch I saw video on espn of Beckham going through drills and moving well and then just a few minutes ago got an alert that he could be out until around week 6. Soooo good luck Beckham owners.
Probably meant that his injury will linger for 6-8 weeks.

I can't believe I'm saying this but:

Bradford or Cousins this week?

I don't trust Cousins at all anymore

The last 2 years Cousins has started slow in the first 2-3 games and then he heats up after that. That being said trusting Bradford is a dangerous game. Just remember that they played the Saints last week. I don't see that happening against the Steelers at all.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Dammmmit not helping

I like the rapport he has with the receiver core and think Cousins has lost something

Yeah he will get the ball to Adam or Diggs. Not a ton of interceptions either. As a fan of the team I am a huge fan just will wait a game to see if he is a real deal in fantasy.

Bucs or Bengals d this week?

My strange opinion. I fucking hate Thursday games I try not to start anyone on a Thursday. Yet they are playing the Texans who have a rookie QB and no Tight Ends. Bucs D hasn't played yet and honestly might be rusty. First game of the season tend to be like a 5th preseason game.

Rivers for me.

Miami DEF will be rusty, IMO.

see, I'm concerned rivers/LAC will lead by quite a bit and won't be forced to throw that much...where eagles/chiefs may be more of a shoot out, plus i think the eagles lost one of their startin cbs.

i dont know!

edit: FINE! i went Rivers.... i didnt like Smiths inflated fantasy pts due to the 2 40 yard passes, etc.

PPR: Crow or West?

West IMO

Top Bottom