• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

VoxPop

QB: Rodgers, Rivers
RB: Shady, Carlos Hyde, Ingram, Derrick Henry
WR: Dez, B Marsh, Willie Snead, Corey Davis, Nelson Agholor
TE: Delanie Walker
DST: Texans (streaming)
K: Mason Crosby

I'm thinking of trying to trade off Rivers, especially if he has a decent week 2...anyone have suggestions on what I should target?

You can try and get a decent WR2 or maybe an upgrade at WR/RB along with one of yours to someone who is desperate for a QB.

Alright so Eifert is getting dumped right away. Also have Mixon as a late season stash. Debating whether or not I drop him too. Tevin Coleman is somehow available in my league so that would be the trade there. My other RBs are Melvin Gordon, Demarco Murray, and Isaiah Crowell. You guys think i should dump Mixon or no?

Darkman M

Alright so Eifert is getting dumped right away. Also have Mixon as a late season stash. Debating whether or not I drop him too. Tevin Coleman is somehow available in my league so that would be the trade there. My other RBs are Melvin Gordon, Demarco Murray, and Isaiah Crowell. You guys think i should dump Mixon or no?

I have Eifert and definitely wouldn't consider dumping him unless he's out for a extended period, it's not like TE's are just lighting it up out there

Tom Nook

Prior to Thursday's game, I was thinking T Coleman or Hopkins at FLEX. I started Hopkins over T Coleman at....it's OK I guess.

bigkrev

I'm not bailing out on Cinci offense players yet. There were a good offense last year (Number 11 by Football Outsiders DVOA), and I don't think that you can go from that to historically bad from one season to the next unless you are actually trying to tank

That said, I couldn't fathom starting a Cinci RB right now

phanphare

Banned
i didnt want to draft aj green but he was still available in the 2nd round(pick 15) so i said fuck it and did it

bleh

I still love aj green for the season. ravens and texans are two of the toughest defenses they'll face during the fantasy season and honestly if the bengals still suck ass but aren't playing elite defenses that's good for pass catchers in fantasy because hopefully dalton will have to air it out a lot.

plus they still play the browns twice

juicyb

Ugh my first pick (position 11) pick of AJ Green is starting to look like a bust. What in the actual fuck is Dalton doing. Looks like a 3rd stringer

McBryBry

Need help with some spots!

12 team .5 PPR, 3WR 2RB 1TE 1 Flex.

WR: Evans, Tyreek Hill, Landry, Sterling Shepard, Britt

RB: McCaffrey, Gurley, Rob Kelly, Perkins, Jamaal Charles

TE: Jordan Reed, Austin Hooper

Evans, Hill and Landry are go to. Same for McCaffrey and Gurley. Just not sure about TE and flex.

12 team standard, 3WR 2RB 1TE No Flex

WR: Julio, Hopkins, Marshall, Moncrief, Jones Jr, Beasley

Hopkins already played in my lineup. Not sure about the 3rd WR spot.

I still love aj green for the season. ravens and texans are two of the toughest defenses they'll face during the fantasy season and honestly if the bengals still suck ass but aren't playing elite defenses that's good for pass catchers in fantasy because hopefully dalton will have to air it out a lot.

plus they still play the browns twice

yeah i'm not trying to trade him yet but it was pretty disappointing

and to think i could have went julio into gurley or miller(barf) in our draft (I reached for gordon and went green since our league is non ppr and I didn't want gurley or miller as my rb1)

TE: Jordan Reed, Austin Hooper

Evans, Hill and Landry are go to. Same for McCaffrey and Gurley. Just not sure about TE and flex.

reed has the much higher upside but I think he has a foot problem currently. Hooper had I think 2 catches last week and if he didn't have the td catch, it would have been a pretty awful day for him. I still think you should start reed though

no colts player is startable until luck comes back(if he comes back) you may as well flip a coin with jones jr or beasley since I don't have high hopes for marshall

Hazelhurst

FLEX, who do I go with.

Maclin
Hogan
Blount
Rawls
Maclin or Rawls

Rawls is gamble, but could pay off. I've got him in another league and I'm waiting to see how he looks in a regular season game this year. Rawls is fun to watch because he runs so violently.

Safe play is Maclin.

How do they score those? I'll bring it up next year.

I got 7 points for Cincy DEF. Like 4 points for points scored, and 3 points for 3 sacks.

0.05 per yard I think

It's not much but if someone cracks off a good return it helps, I got 17 points off that Cincy D and I think 5 of it was return yards

Tom Nook

TE: Jordan Reed, Hooper;

NateDrake

Pick two (PPR):
DeSean Jackson
Taylor Gabriel
Jimmy Graham
Chris Hogan
C. Kupp

I'm starting:
Emmanuel Sanders
D. Thomas
Julio Jones

UberTag

Bengals firing OC after two games. Wow.

Good luck Bengals player owners.
Considering this was after a Thursday game, I wonder if this was the fastest firing of a coach in league history.

8 days after the official season kickoff. And just 5 days after the Bengals played Game 1 when their record was 0-0 and their season had loads of promise.

mike6467

I spent a non-trivial amount of fantasy bucks getting Tarik Cohen off waivers after losing Johnson. My team is solid otherwise, so I'm hoping it's still salvageable.

Is it just my league, or do most league's avoid trades like the plague? It's become a trope with our group, I think there's been one decent trade the last two years. In fact before grabbing Cohen I put both Minnesota's receivers out there to try to get a RB and the only offers I got were Perkins and Kelley.

I spent a non-trivial amount of fantasy bucks getting Tarik Cohen off waivers after losing Johnson. My team is solid otherwise, so I'm hoping it's still salvageable.

Is it just my league, or do most league's avoid trades like the plague? It's become a trope with our group, I think there's been one decent trade the last two years. In fact before grabbing Cohen I put both Minnesota's receivers out there to try to get a RB and the only offers I got were Perkins and Kelley.

if it's people you know in real life/can speak to them, you have to try and "butter them up" so to speak and ask what they want

if it's with people online you don't know, can be a total crap shoot

in my work league last year, no one did trades and I had to butter people up before the trade happened. Mind you I was part of all 3 trades that happened in our league last year

Yeah, in all the leagues I've been in since 2010, there have maybe been 5 trades.

People get 'attached' to 'their' players that they drafted and don't want to give them up sometimes. I don't get it.

The Yahoo trade evaluator thing also doesn't help I think, because some people just look at the future projected points and make their decision based off that, and not off other factors.

Also I think people don't want to look "dumb" by proposing a trade and then get laughed at, so people just don't do it.

I made several trades last year in the gaf league. I'm always looking. I put guys on the trading block too, but that seems woefully underused.

Jarnet87

It's hard to trade in fantasy. A lot of owners hold on to the name of a player versus what they are actually producing early on and on top of that most people are looking to rip someone off instead of just improve their team.

crazyprac

I currently have Cooks, Nelson, Benjamin, Crabtree on WR. Another player is interested trading Crabtree for Golloday. Looks like I'll be losing out but the prospect of Golloday is enticing.

Top Bottom