• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I currently have Cooks, Nelson, Benjamin, Crabtree on WR. Another player is interested trading Crabtree for Golloday. Looks like I'll be losing out but the prospect of Golloday is enticing.
That's a terrible trade. Crabtree is worth more than the speculative value of Golladay. Let's see how he does after teams start defending against him. But even then I'd favor Crabtree.

goober

I reaaaaaaly want to pick up Kamara. I have way too many WRs on a short bench and idk who to drop.

Here are my WRs:
Doug Baldwin
Keenan Allen
Devante Parker
Pierre Garcon
Kenny Golladay
Cooper Kupp

I have Leveon Bell, Carlos Hyde, and CJ Anderson as my RBs.

This is 0.5 ppr, so I see value in keeping Kupp. Golladay is a potential star if he can fulfill the Boldin role from the Lions last year. And Pierre Garcon is the 49ers main receiver, which is pretty successful in a Shanahan offense.

Any ideas? Or should I stay put.

It's 2WR, 2RB, Flex. 4 bench spots.

Hazelhurst

I reaaaaaaly want to pick up Kamara. I have way too many WRs on a short bench and idk who to drop.

Here are my WRs:
Doug Baldwin
Keenan Allen
Devante Parker
Pierre Garcon
Kenny Golladay
Cooper Kupp

This is 0.5 ppr, so I see value in keeping Kupp. Golladay is a potential star if he can fulfill the Boldin role from the Lions last year. And Pierre Garcon is the 49ers main receiver, which is pretty successful in a Shanahan offense.

You're obviously out of balance as far as having twice as many WRs as RBs. You have nice WR depth. I think you're over collecting players vs. how much bench space you have. Any of the WRs you drop, you know someone else in your league is going to pick them up. It hurts, but it's a tradeoff if you really want Kamara. Kamara has huge potential, but there are two other stud RBs in that offense that want the ball as well.

I think if you want to drop one of your WRs, it would be between these three:

Pierre Garcon - Number one receiver on the 49ers in a "potentially" high octane offense.
Kenny Golladay - Stafford loves this kid and trusts him. Stafford looks good so far this year. Big play potential, but weakest of these three in PPR.
Cooper Kupp - This guy is like a magnet for targets/receptions and Goff looks to him often. Huge potential, especially in PPR.

If I HAVE to drop one of those three it would probably be Garcon. I don't trust Hoyer. Hoyer will get you big games, but he's inconsistent since he's essentially a second string NFL QB.

If I HAVE to drop one of those three it would probably be Garcon. I don't trust Hoyer. Hoyer will get you big games, but he's inconsistent since he's essentially a second string NFL QB.
Agreed.. Hoyer is a top tier second stringer in my mind who can be a positive force in emergencies. But he will have Chernobyl meltdown level games.. (I will never forget how my Browns defense shut down Luck and the Colts offense and Hoyer threw away the game... so damn frustrating.)

Jarnet87

Here are my WRs:
Doug Baldwin
Keenan Allen
Devante Parker
Pierre Garcon
Kenny Golladay
Cooper Kupp

I wouldnt drop any of those WRs for Kamara, and barring an injury to a New Orleans back or a few backs in the league I imagine he stays on WW at least a few more weeks due to lack of bench spots your league gives

phanphare

Banned

Here are my WRs:
Doug Baldwin
Keenan Allen
Devante Parker
Pierre Garcon
Kenny Golladay
Cooper Kupp

you can always do a two for one trade or a three for two trade to upgrade a little bit and give yourself an extra roster spot

Y8gfU4q.png

Trying to come up with a contingency plan in case OBJ can't go on Monday. Marvin Jones and Golladay are available on the wire, and I think they seem to be the most logical candidates to pick up.

But then who to drop? Cousins or Prescott, or one of the other WRs on the bench?

Stupid 4-man benches.

you should probably drop woodhead

yes woodhead (when healthy) is one of he best pass catching backs in the league but are you really going to without a bench spot for at the minimum 8 weeks?

you should probably drop woodhead

yes woodhead (when healthy) is one of he best pass catching backs in the league but are you really going to without a bench spot for at the minimum 8 weeks?

He's eating up the IR slot, so I wouldn't be able to add any healthy player to his current slot.

I'd definitely drop him otherwise.

He's eating up the IR slot, so I wouldn't be able to add any healthy player to his current slot.

I'd definitely drop him otherwise.

oh sorry

didn't realize the ir spot(our league doesn't have one so I didn't realize it appeared that way)

anyway both jones and kenny g didn't have many targets in week 1 so you're pretty much hoping for a touchdown for either one. I'm not a big fan of jones (since he pretty much did nothing outside of the first few weeks last year) so i'd lean kenny g

as for who to drop, are you in a 8 or 10 man league (since marin jones isn't rostered, just wanted to ask.) If so, might consider dropping one of your quarterbacks. I like both of them, but there's a lot of decent streamers in your in a league that small

ZoronMaro

So I've been thinking this since my original draft but I think I should drop one of my RBs to pick up another WR, Kupp would be the best option right now I think and I could use the extra depth in case something happens to Brown.

RBs
Melvin Gordon
Todd Gurley
Devonta Freeman
Isaiah Crowell
Carlos Hyde
Mark Ingram
WRs
Antonio Brown
Jeremy Maclin
Kenny Golladay

With the first three RBs I feel safe letting one of the later three go, but I've no idea which one to drop, advice?

phanphare

Banned
So I've been thinking this since my original draft but I think I should drop one of my RBs to pick up another WR, Kupp would be the best option right now I think and I could use the extra depth in case something happens to Brown.

RBs
Melvin Gordon
Todd Gurley
Devonta Freeman
Isaiah Crowell
Carlos Hyde
Mark Ingram
WRs
Antonio Brown
Jeremy Maclin
Kenny Golladay

With the first three RBs I feel safe letting one of the later three go, but I've no idea which one to drop, advice?

you should trade one of your rbs for a wr. I feel like gurley or freeman could get you a really good wr if you find a team that is lacking at the position. I wouldn't feel comfortable dropping any of your rbs. unless you're in an 8 team league or something.

How do you guys feel about the balance of my team?

QBs
Carson Wentz
Dak Prescott

RBs
DeMarco Murray
Ty Montgomery
Kareem Hunt
Alvin Kamara
Tevin Coleman

WRs
Odell Beckham
Larry Fitzgerald
Pierre Garcon
Sammy Watkins
Kenny Stills

TEs
Travis Kelce
Kyle Rudolph
Evan Engram (emergency)

K
Gorgio Tavecchio

Def
Baltimore Ravens.

We do TE flex, so I do play Kelce and Rudolph the same time. Evan Engram is my OBJ emergency player.

ZoronMaro

you should trade one of your rbs for a wr. I feel like gurley or freeman could get you a really good wr if you find a team that is lacking at the position. I wouldn't feel comfortable dropping any of your rbs. unless you're in an 8 team league or something.

It is an 8 team actually, according to ESPN projections anyway Hyde, Crowell, and Ingram are almost the worst owned RBs in my league (the other 3 are almost the best though).

I tried asking/offering trades, but the only people who could use spare RBs, don't want 'em.

Still not worth it? This is non-PPR so RBs are important, but I'm not actually that worried about losing one of the three (unless they have a breakout season immediately after I drop them).

phanphare

Banned
It is an 8 team actually, according to ESPN projections anyway Hyde, Crowell, and Ingram are almost the worst owned RBs in my league (the other 3 are almost the best though).

I tried asking/offering trades, but the only people who could use spare RBs, don't want 'em.

Still not worth it? This is non-PPR so RBs are important, but I'm not actually that worried about losing one of the three (unless they have a breakout season immediately after I drop them).

oh if it's an 8 team league I'd let ingram kick rocks. fuck that backfield.

Soo... Someone dropped Mixon in my 12 man FAAB league yesterday. How much should I drop to get him? I only have $60 left (Hunt/Cohen were my previous wins) while most others have $100 so I don't want to be screwed the rest of the year and idk if he'll ever get to a point where he puts up starter numbers. But my RB's are:

- David Johnson (IR spot)
- Kareem Hunt
- Mark Ingram
- Doug Martin
- Tarik Cohen
- Alvin Kamara

As you can see, I'm now grasping at straws to cover what was once my strength position. Currently have $20 on him: should I raise it?

mike6467

I've got:

S. Diggs
A. Thielen
T.Y. Hilton

Right now I'm starting both MN receivers, I know Bradford is a wildcard, but does a Luckless (heh) Hilton have enough potential to justify replacing Thielen?

Edit: Jesus that Mixon video. The woman should be held accountable, but that's a disproportionate response and should be treated as such.

Lmao. Dumb move by Mixon but really women shouldn't just be able to hit somebody and expect nothing to happen just because.
Not that I disagree with what you say, but iono about coldcocking a chick. Sweep the bitch's leg or something, lol....

Anyways, I'm giving Rishard Matthews the start over Algholor this week. My biggest question mark is TE, I'm going with Rudolph over Jesse James.

kneePat

Yo real quick need advice... Rob Kelley or Kerwynn Williams?

Having doubts about Kelley after hearing Aaron Donald is going to play while Arizona is playing the shit heap of a defense the Colts put out weekly.

tmtyf

alright, i got the following RB:

mccoy
gurley
ajayi

which 2 should i put in?

currently have fitzgerald, sanders and diggs as WR/flex.

**just saw that bradford will probably not play today. should i swap diggs with ajayi and leave all 3 rb in?

alright, i got the following RB:

mccoy
gurley
ajayi

which 2 should i put in?

currently have fitzgerald, sanders and diggs as WR/flex.

**just saw that bradford will probably not play today. should i swap diggs with ajayi and leave all 3 rb in?
Yeah definitely have all 3 RB's in

phanphare

Banned
quick question. toss up on this i think.

chris hogan or adam thielen? bradford is out. pats at NO.

I'd roll with hogan. pats vs. nola should be a high scoring game and amendola is out. I think it's a 56 point over/under, highest of the week. and all it takes with hogan is one td bomb from brady to make his week but I also think he'll see a fair amount of targets as well making him decently safe if he doesn't see the end zone.

Apath

With Sam Bradford out, I'm really not sure who to start for FLEX.

Wide Receivers:
  • Antonio Brown
  • Larry Fitzgerald
  • Jarvis Landry
  • Adam Thielen
  • Marqise Lee
  • Kenny Stills
  • Nelson Agholor

Running Backs:
  • Todd Gurley II
  • Kareem Hunt
  • Javorius Allen

So far I'm starting Antonio Brown, Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry for WR; Todd Gurley and Kareem Hunt for RB; Marqise Lee for FLEX. Not too confident on the FLEX though.

Damn I had Diggs and Thielen. Should I replace them with Alshon Jeffrey and Agholor? Thielen was in flex so I could also replace him with Powell.

With Sam Bradford out, I'm really not sure who to start for FLEX.

Wide Receivers:
  • Antonio Brown
  • Larry Fitzgerald
  • Jarvis Landry
  • Adam Thielen
  • Marqise Lee
  • Kenny Stills
  • Nelson Agholor

Running Backs:
  • Todd Gurley II
  • Kareem Hunt
  • Javorius Allen

So far I'm starting Antonio Brown, Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry for WR; Todd Gurley and Kareem Hunt for RB; Marqise Lee for FLEX. Not too confident on the FLEX though.

I also have Lee on my lineup -but not confident about it. In my case, I'm hesitant to start Watkins if he indeed does get Josh Norman'd.

mike6467

Damn I had Diggs and Thielen. Should I replace them with Alshon Jeffrey and Agholor? Thielen was in flex so I could also replace him with Powell.

Same here. I swapped out Thielen for T.Y. Hilton (fun times with backup QB's, pick your poison), but I'm leaving Diggs in.

Tall4Life

Dunno what to do about my Flex now that Bradford is out. Originally had Thielen in. The guys I can put in are Sammy Watkins, Thielen, Tevin Coleman, Mike Tolbert, Buck Allen, and Jared Cook. Would put Sammy in but I'm kind of worried about Norman.

Ptaaty

PPR league....I have Diggs and Thielen. With Bradford I was playing Diggs...with Keenum I am leaning Thielan. So is my friend who's a vikes fan.

Also could put in Devante Parker.

Ptaaty

Dunno what to do about my Flex now that Bradford is out. Originally had Thielen in. The guys I can put in are Sammy Watkins, Thielen, Tevin Coleman, Mike Tolbert, Buck Allen, and Jared Cook. Would put Sammy in but I'm kind of worried about Norman.

My guess is that Keenum affects Diggs more than Thielen. Theilen is playing the slot this year and Steelers will put on pressure.

There are only two real choices between those you listed....Theilen and Watkins. Theilen has been a target machine stretching back to half of last year. Watkins going to get Norman treatment.

DerekNYC

Looking at dropping Smallwood for a high upside stash. Do I go with Marlon Mack? Or DeShone Kizer (seeing as I have Luck and starting Carson Palmer this week).

DerekNYC

I don't think Norman shadowed anyone last week, so he might not be on Wakins the whole game. To me it'd come down to him or Thielen. And with the QB change, I'd go Watkins.

phanphare

Banned
I think cutler and the dolphins going to surprise a lot of people this year.

yeah jay cutler made me love the dolphins offense for fantasy

he loves the deep ball which should open up the running game and he also passes to his rb. once they got cutler I went all in on ajayi, hopefully that pays off. in ppr leagues he should be golden.

mike6467

My guess is that Keenum affects Diggs more than Thielen. Theilen is playing the slot this year and Steelers will put on pressure.

There are only two real choices between those you listed....Theilen and Watkins. Theilen has been a target machine stretching back to half of last year. Watkins going to get Norman treatment.

I had missed a few key points in this situation. Thank you for your post! Follow up though, would you start Diggs over Watkins? I've got Hilton, Watkins, Diggs and Thielen

shwimpy

I would not start Watkins who will be covered by one of the top CBs in the league in Norman. Plus, Goff is still a question mark.

Top Bottom