• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame Wii U NicoNico Presentation - [game portion over]

JB2448

I hope this is right:
t1405571400z1.png

Wait, so is it the 16th or the 17th? The NicoNico page says the 16th and the tweet says the 17th. Both are Japanese sources so I'd think it's not a timezone problem. Or I'm just tired and need to go to bed.

Never mind. I just need to go to bed.

jeremy1456

guys we need more localization begging in this thread

you know with a film coming out I doubt Nintendo had to fund this one since KT needs to hype the many media connected to this series

so I'm guessing maybe Nintendo did not fund this project

Get ready for more port begging rather than localization begging.

If it is coming to America, there is almost no chance of it making it this year. Just can't see them releasing this game for the holiday season.

Bayonetta is getting a JP release and NA release just a month apart it depends on if they planned ahead or not, since FF5 was a hush hush project it just means they had no plans for western release

so without a plan no chance for US this holiday but it could have been planned and we just did not know about it

I hope this is right:
t1405571400z1.png

perfect

Get ready for more port begging rather than localization begging.

maybe a few after the trailer goes live but we need to beg for localization all signs point to them taking the slow road to confirming this without any hype

edit: I'll expect at least 1 junior member ban in the trailer thread for port begging, I wish you guys would give noctis_pls a break tho

Having the Camera Obscura on the Gamepad, with spirits showing on it could lead to a ton of broken Gamepads. I see myself dropping the Gamepad if I get a surprise scare :(
Thankfully the biggest ZombiU scare was spoiled...otherwise I would have broken it near launch.

casiopao

perfect

maybe a few after the trailer goes live but we need to beg for localization all signs point to them taking the slow road to confirming this without any hype

edit: I'll expect at least 1 junior member ban in the trailer thread for port begging, I wish you guys would give noctis_pls a break tho

I would be waiting for the usual response on how Ninty is being stupid and this game is going to flop comment here lol.

A bit out of topic though, anyone know who own "D" franchise now?

I would be waiting for the usual response on how Ninty is being stupid and this game is going to flop comment here lol.

A bit out of topic though, anyone know who own "D" franchise now?

D is not possible Kenji Eno died in 2013 it is one thing for a developer to close shop but with the man behind a game series is dead who would bring it back?

on topic: I really don't expect too many people to care about FF5 being WiiU exclusive not enough to troll a thread

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
glad to hear about Miyamoto's presence at the evnt, this should guarantee at least some game coverage, and not just an artwork or something as lame as that

casiopao

D is not possible Kenji Eno died in 2013 it is one thing for a developer to close shop but with the man behind a game series is dead who would bring it back?

on topic: I really don't expect too many people to care about FF5 being WiiU exclusive not enough to troll a thread

Oh yeah. So sad here that Kenji had passed away. D is so fun to play when I was young. It is truly what I would call as scary yet psychotic(is that even a word lol) experience. Is it not possible for any of his succesor to continue that franchise here?

And I am not really sure about that lol. Any exclusive game for wii u had already some backlash here even devils third. If this looks really nice, u can bet for sure the second coming of mini bayonetta backlash is going to happen lol.

Kouriozan

I played Fatal Frame 2 Remake and was legitimately scared while playing, I finished played FF 4 3/4 times and only 2 aera was scary for me (lighthouse and the cave).
Of course I got all the ending at both games.
Anyway, can't wait for more Fatal Frame goodness, I really really hope it'll be localized.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This needs to be localized. Bring it to Europe or I'll boycott the hell out of Project Guard and Project Robots.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Miyamoto showing up is... surprising.

I've said this a few times, but I seriously suspect Miyamoto is a closet horror fan. There's many reasons, ranging from many games he's having having some form of child-level 'horror' element, to him being the reason Luigi's Mansion 2 was a thing as it was him who vouched for it, to the fact he took on partial development according to Resident Evil staff interviews on REmake and Zero, among other things. Him appearing here might mean he might have some hand in the game's development like how he popped in to help some with development on REmake and Resident Evil Zero.

Semajer

I've said this a few times, but I seriously suspect Miyamoto is a closet horror fan. There's many reasons, ranging from many games he's having having some form of child-level 'horror' element, to him being the reason Luigi's Mansion 2 was a thing as it was him who vouched for it, to the fact he took on partial development according to Resident Evil staff interviews on REmake and Zero, among other things. Him appearing here might mean he might have some hand in the game's development like how he popped in to help some with development on REmake and Resident Evil Zero.

Do you have a source for the bolded? Never heard that before, and it sounds interesting.

Dusk Golem

Do you have a source for the bolded? Never heard that before, and it sounds interesting.

There was a few interviews, the one I immediately recall was 'Iwata Asks: Resident Evil".

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/creators/6/0

When we remade Resident Evil for the Nintendo GameCube system, I was a designer making backgrounds. (Shigeru) Miyamoto-san would come visit the development department, so I really felt like I was working with Nintendo. I wanted to achieve the utmost possible with Nintendo GameCube, so I really took the graphics to the extreme. It was challenging, but I think I was able to establish the Resident Evil style.

There's another interview that goes a bit more into detail of what Miyamoto would do but I can't for the life of me remember where it was from. The gist is he'd come to check in on how the games were coming along, play a bit, and make suggestions on things.

Semajer

There was a few interviews, the one I immediately recall was 'Iwata Asks: Resident Evil".

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/creators/6/0

There's another interview that goes a bit more into detail of what Miyamoto would do but I can't for the life of me remember where it was from. The gist is he'd come to check in on how the games were coming along, play a bit, and make suggestions on things.

Thanks. I'll have a look around as well, unless I can summon News Bot to enlighten me.

Dusk Golem

So that's why those never got ported to non-Nintendo platforms, huh.

Neiteio

Yeah, or if not a horror fan, perhaps he's just drawn to something that can elicit a strong emotional reaction through gameplay. And that's one of the horror genre's strong points, so it seems natural he'd like it. :)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I also feel that miyamoto and the main nintendo team are horror fans and if they tried to make one it would be amazing

adroit

Stupid questions (I'm a Niconico neophyte):

1. Is it necessary to create an account on Niconico to watch live streams?

2. Does the Niconico link say "Maintenance?!" for anyone else right now?

Thanks!

Stupid questions (I'm a Niconico neophyte):

1. Is it necessary to create an account on Niconico to watch live streams?

2. Does the Niconico link say "Maintenance?!" for anyone else right now?

Thanks!

In my very limited NicoNico experience some streams require a login and some don't. Also I'm getting the maintenance message as well.

So what kind of setting do you guys want?

Fatal Frame 2 took place in a village and Fatal Frame 4 in a hotel.

I want Fatal Frame 5 in the mountains!

Remeber that Cursed Mountain game? Very low budget and stupid motion gameplay, but the setting was so cool.

Riki

So what kind of setting do you guys want?

Fatal Frame 2 took place in a village and Fatal Frame 4 in a hotel.

I want Fatal Frame 5 in the mountains!

Remeber that Cursed Mountain game? Very low budget and stupid motion gameplay, but the setting was so cool.

Amusement Park

ReyVGM

Chernobyl please. It has abandoned schools, hospitals, amusement parks, houses and a dangerous nuclear power plant.

If this isn't localized we must start a Project Rainfall type of campaign. Please don't make us do that Nintendo, While your at it go ahead and include FF4 with it a la Bayonetta!

Riki

Baring some giant glitch like in FF4, this will most likely be localized.
Nintendo can't afford to not localize these games they're publishing. Like, literally they can't afford it.

Will this be streamed somewhere else (besides nicovideo)?

the head company (Kadokawa) involve now owns niconico and I think they may also own Tecmo Koei (tried to look for the news cannot find TK's ties to Kadokawa)

so yeah niconico stream exclusive a trailer will show up on Tecmo Koei's youtube channel later I'm sure

Top Bottom