• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame Wii U NicoNico Presentation - [game portion over]

guys we need more localization begging in this thread

you know with a film coming out I doubt Nintendo had to fund this one since KT needs to hype the many media connected to this series

so I'm guessing maybe Nintendo did not fund this project

Kater

Banned
I'm hyped!
Please Tecmo, make everyone in that studio play Zombie U, then go up from there.

Sounds like a good idea to me. ZombiU is probably the game that had one of the more lasting effects of putting a fear of basements and pretty much every weird noise in my head and I'm not even a kid anymore, haha. :D

Mr-Joker

Banned
guys we need more localization begging in this thread

you know with a film coming out I doubt Nintendo had to fund this one since KT needs to hype the many media connected to this series

so I'm guessing maybe Nintendo did not fund this project

I sure Nintendo knows that the Wii U needs more game in the west and leaving a new Project Zero game in Japan would be stupid.

I am pretty sure that we will get this game.

when was this? before or after Hyrule Warriors was a thing?

Before. Samurai Warriors 3

hughesta

Banned
I just found a copy of Fatal Frame II on PS2 for $20 the other day, and decided to jump in
Holy shit that game is terrifying. Are 1 and 3 as good?

Please come to America :(

I sure Nintendo knows that the Wii U needs more game in the west and leaving a new Project Zero game in Japan would be stupid.

I am pretty sure that we will get this game.

Before. Samurai Warriors 3

what WiiU title that only released in Japan that I have been bitter about since launch?

Dragon Quest X

sure it has some special needs but the WiiU needs games thing might not help

I think Warriors games on Wii U and Ninja Gaiden on Wii U is more telling that we have a better than Zero chance

but I would not say 100% since we did not get a worldwide direct yet

I just found a copy of Fatal Frame II on PS2 for $20 the other day, and decided to jump in
Holy shit that game is terrifying. Are 1 and 3 as good?

Please come to America :(

They're both great too. Personally I think 1 is a little rough around the edges but it's still a great game.

Pikma

Banned
Fatal Frame is part of Nintendo's 2nd party titles/projects, if Nintendo is really putting their money where their mouth is, they gotta be localizing it.

I'm hyped!

Sounds like a good idea to me. ZombiU is probably the game that had one of the more lasting effects of putting a fear of basements and pretty much every weird noise in my head and I'm not even a kid anymore, haha. :D

Gamepad = Camera Obscura

kinda limits them from doing the gamepad is the backpack toolkit thing

Tenki

Having Project Zero 2 Wii Edition here on my desk, I'm confident in NoE bringing the game. Hopefully NoA does the same.

I think the Wii U needs the more games the better, so this should be a no-brainer.

synce

I just realized I've been waiting for a next gen Fatal Frame for almost a decade, holy shit. Just PLEASE keep that Wii shit out of this one. Picking up items should not take half a minute, and no mini-maps or any of that nonsense

But Camera Obscura is probably a better use of the Gamepad anyway.

If ghost girls are popping up on my Gamepad a foot and a half from my face, this game is going to be scary af.

I agree it is the best use

and for the record if this game gets a US release I'll get a download version from eShop but might not play much of it if I piss my pants in the first 10 mins

I just realized I've been waiting for a next gen Fatal Frame for almost a decade, holy shit. Just PLEASE keep that Wii shit out of this one. Picking up items should not take half a minute, and no mini-maps or any of that nonsense

a clean screen no maps nothing but you and the environment would be a nice touch

hope the art is on point and smoother walking animation would be nice

Bullza2o

So excited thinking of using the Gamepad as Camera Obscura! Please NOA localize this just like you did with Bravely Default and Tomo Life!

prag16

Banned
This game could actually utilize the Wii u Gamepad in unique ways we prolly won't see it state side.

I doubt NoA can afford to turn their nose up at hardly anything at this point in light of the serious lack of software on the Wii U. This will be needed to fill out the schedule.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I really hope this is coming to the West. Puh-lease, Nintendo. Really sucks that they would take this franchise and keep it in Japan.

Tenki

Having the Camera Obscura on the Gamepad, with spirits showing on it could lead to a ton of broken Gamepads. I see myself dropping the Gamepad if I get a surprise scare :(

casiopao

Having the Camera Obscura on the Gamepad, with spirits showing on it could lead to a ton of broken Gamepads. I see myself dropping the Gamepad if I get a surprise scare :(

All according to Ninty keikaku I guess.

Make tons of gamepad focus game.
Cause many of the gamepad broken
Customer buy a new gamepad
Profit???

Shun

The Gamepad is made of Nintendium, it'll survive the fall so long as you don't drop it from like 5 meters high.

tebunker

Banned
Is there really any legitimate chance this gets brought over? I mean seriously isn't it Treehouse who helps determine if they can cost effectively translate something and if the sales will be worth the efforts?

I am kind of tired of NOA's bs on bringing stuff over, so when someone finds a way to get a campaign that gets the actual decision makers I will sign up and let them know that I want their games from Japan.

I mean, seriously, do all the sales projections really show that bad? With their situation you would think NOA wouldn't hesitate to bring everything they can out, and even hire more good people to get more stuff out faster...

jmizzal

I really hope this is coming to the West. Puh-lease, Nintendo. Really sucks that they would take this franchise and keep it in Japan.

Isnt the game rumored to be coming out in the Fall in Japan with the movie?
It would be nice if they had FF WiiU as the Dec game in the west.

Is there really any legitimate chance this gets brought over? I mean seriously isn't it Treehouse who helps determine if they can cost effectively translate something and if the sales will be worth the efforts?

I am kind of tired of NOA's bs on bringing stuff over, so when someone finds a way to get a campaign that gets the actual decision makers I will sign up and let them know that I want their games from Japan.

I mean, seriously, do all the sales projections really show that bad? With their situation you would think NOA wouldn't hesitate to bring everything they can out, and even hire more good people to get more stuff out faster...

With Wii there were like that not bringing games over, but with WiiU it seems its getting most of these games, WiiU has poor 3rd party support way worst then Wii since most shovelware devs is now iOS, tablet market and mid teir is dead. I think Nintendo will make sure it gets a worldwide release.

What WiiU 1st/2nd party or published games that has not been released in the west or coming to the West? Only one I can think of is DQX and thats on SQ and it will take a huge localization.

you know I never really thought of this game as being this far along, this could be near finished if it does come out with the movie in September

how do you keep a game secret like this? It was ready for E3 but they had no intention of localization at least

:( shit

I hope I'm wrong and it is far from finish because thinking they skipped E3 would suck

Fantastical

Death Prophet

If it is coming to America, there is almost no chance of it making it this year. Just can't see them releasing this game for the holiday season.

Top Bottom