• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMax

I have no idea why betting sites cover pro wrestling. They know it's
scripted
, right? That makes it open to abuse.

anyone from toronto? before YES YES YES was popularized by diego sanchez or Daniel Bryan the originator....our very own Toronto Santa clause

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Zancai

Zanta_April_2005.JPG

Watched Inspire Pro's Relentless show from last August, this was my first event from the promotion. I've heard nothing but good things so far and am glad to find it lived up to expectations, this was a real solid indie card with a bit of everything and no match outstaying its welcome or trying to do too much. There were a number of screwy endings throughout which detracted a bit from the ending angle, but that's a minor nitpick as there were a lot of things to enjoy on this show. The first big highlight was Athena vs Barbi Hayden. My first time seeing Barbi and she impressed. A bit rough around the edges, but she's only 24 and already has a great character for wrestling that she plays up to very well. Athena is without a doubt one of the top women wrestlers in the world, she's so damn crisp in her execution and always a pleasure to watch perform. I also LOVED the Jojo Bravo vs Jordan Jensen match, these two clearly know each other well and put on a real enjoyable back-and-forth contest. Bravo is super impressive, already I'm a fan. He's got some unique offence in his bag, everything's executed well and he's got a lot of innate charisma that the audience obviously responds to. The main event was well done and I was very impressed with Matthew Palmer, looks like a future indie star in the making. Andy Dalton was solid as hell too, great shitheel of a character. Elsewhere, two dudes had a crazy street fight that I probably would have enjoyed more with the benefit of backstory and I found Jax Dane to be pretty good when he's not visibly shitting himself because he's wrestling in front of thousands of fans in Japan. Also, if you like the sound of Lance Archer abusing Brandon Stroud, this is the show for you. Have some gifs;

8VJt4j8.gif

Ff1GORC.gif

eqpUXGL.gif

JavyOO7

I don't buy that Corbin is being pushed heavily. If he was, he'd be the #1 for the belt instead of Finn Balor. And he's only been stomping on low card folks. When he stomps Owens and Sami in 30 seconds, now we're talking...

dream

You guys just missed a superman punch knockout finish. But that's okay because you'll see another one tonight.

scabro

man, the oscars and fast lane going head to head

i feel like watching a fake competition with bad storlines that is rigged but presented as real, so i think i'll just watch the UFC show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, freckle... I can't believe it. If you're out there tweet to one of us.

Renee Young with the short hair is starting to visually resemble Siri, famous BBC actress.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Graves looking like he's gonna go full rockabilly...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That Inspire Pro show looks pretty good, I really want to seek it out. Thanks Boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom