• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Direct - January 18th, 4PM CST (Japan confirmed, FE Mobile unveiling)

Instro

They should probably have directs every 2 weeks until launch if they hope to turn around the current opinion on the Switch

The damage control begins. Keep pumping out more pre release news for everyone Nintendo, you're gonna need it all of it.

image.php

JB2448

It isn't exclusively Warriors.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/819963941422059521 said:
A Fire Emblem Nintendo Direct is coming next week on 1/18!
This will be January 18th at 5 PM Eastern Standard Time.

Skeletos311

They just called it Fire Emblem Direct and not Fire Emblem Warriors Direct, so there's a chance that there's a real FE coming to Switch, right? Right? :\

Son Of D

They just called it Fire Emblem Direct and not Fire Emblem Warriors Direct, so there's a chance that there's a real FE coming to Switch, right? Right? :\

At most it'll be Warriors info and news on the mobile FE game.

Maybe a slim chance of Fates appearing on Switch or something.

Galang

Banned
Why the heck didn't they just give a proper trailer during the presentation if this was going to come a week later... but whatever. Hyped

L95

FE warriors... mobile.... should I expect something else? I honestly have not a clue.

aaaa

NoA twitter calls it "A Fire Emblem Direct", so it's not just warriors. I think.

Gaiden remake soon, right?

Rymuth

Dream roster

- Roy 'the pimp'
- Fazilla
- Jeigan
- Jeigan #2
- Jeigan #3
- Jeigan #4

Fuck it, make the entire roster all of FE's Jeigans!!

Considering how little was shown last night I assumed this was a really early announcement like when they announced Fire Emblem / Shin Megami Tensei crossover. I guess not.

Some Nobody

It'd be crazy if they even had a small clip of the next FE, but just Warriors and the mobile title wouldn't be the worst thing either.

higemaru

Considering how little was shown last night I assumed this was a really early announcement like when they announced Fire Emblem / Shin Megami Tensei crossover. I guess not.
Yeah, there's usually a pretty quick turnaround on Warriors titles. Omega Force must be used to making them at this point.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Cool. hope this is a 2017 title. Nintendo's gonna need every little bit they can get and this is a match made in heaven.

jph139

Hoping that we can get a Fire Emblem amiibo line while they're pushing out Warriors. I know Japan would eat them up and it'd be nice to get a good but cheap Chrom and the Fates brothers and whoever else.

I'm disappointed we didn't get a set of Hyrule Warriors amiibo that really gave us some deep cut choices. Smash and Mario have a pretty good variety, but when you look at the Zelda line we've got...

8 different Links
4 different Zeldas (counting Sheik)
1 Ganondorf
2 random enemies (Guardian and Bokoblin)

Would have loved Impa, Ruto, Skull Kid, Yuga, King of Red Lions,
Tingle

So hopefully they don't miss this chance to pump out as many Fire Emblem characters as they can justify. Smash gave us a good start, but this is our first chance at some characters other than Lords.

stoff

Yeah. This is super weird. If you have more to show, then at least say so.
I'm fearing that Awakening and Fates will basically dominante the Lineup, sadly. Don't care for those characters at all. So I'm rooting for as many Tellius, Elibe and Judgral characters as possible.

MLH

Good stuff, love that they made this a thing. When Hyrule warriors was first announced I was thumping my head against the table wondering why they didn't go with Fire Emblem. Hyrule warriors turned out better than expected, so I've high hopes for this game. Can't wait to finally see/ hear more about this on the 18th.

McNum

I'm loving that FE is becoming a main Nintendo franchise
Yeah, now it's getting all the fun crossovers and multi-milion main series sales.

It's kind of funny, really. The start of Fire Emblem's global success comes down to one simple question that many GameCube owners once had: "Who is this 'Marth' guy and why is he in Smash Bros?"

Here's to you Super Smash Bros. Melee. Thank you for introducing the rest of the world to Fire Emblem.

Top Bottom