• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Direct - January 18th, 4PM CST (Japan confirmed, FE Mobile unveiling)

I realize that to many fans, the end result is far removed from its crossover sources, but it'd be amazing if they revealed a Tokyo Mirage Sessions Switch port.
That would be awesome!

But I hope that they don't take anything out or change anything from the JPN version like last time.

But of course they will.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Looks like there is none. Would they really talk about FE Warriors and not relay it to the Japanese audience? FE is big in Japan.

Now I know the FE Direct was announced during the FE Warriors segment of Treehouse which makes you believe it will be there. Still weird though to leave Japan out.
Yeah but what the hell could be in that direct that wouldn't be super weird to leave out of Japan? It's not like they are localizing a released game.

Maybe Hyrule Warriors did waaaaay better in the West than Japan and they think another Warriors game will play better to an English audience?

Strangely enough, even though it was disproven, an English only port of Fire Emblem Fates might make the most sense haha

duckroll

Maybe Hyrule Warriors did waaaaay better in the West than Japan and they think another Warriors game will play better to an English audience?

But this makes no sense. It's not a competition. It's not like not having a Japanese Direct will make western fans want to buy the game MORE. Think about it, does it make sense to you?

Vena

But this makes no sense. It's not a competition. It's not like not having a Japanese Direct will make western fans want to buy the game MORE. Think about it, does it make sense to you?

What about more of an "explanation to musou" for the west where the genre has struggled outside of a few things like... Hyrule Warriors.

I still find this Direct to be super odd.

I'm fairly certain the FE games have been selling better in the US compared to Japan ever since they started localising them.

Maybe they are doing a Western FE game. By Retro. On the 3DS.

Looks like there is none. Would they really talk about FE Warriors and not relay it to the Japanese audience? FE is big in Japan.

Now I know the FE Direct was announced during the FE Warriors segment of Treehouse which makes you believe it will be there. Still weird though to leave Japan out.

This what makes me think
hope
that they are localizing one or more of the older Fire Emblem games. Japan wouldn't care about that.

duckroll

I'm fairly certain the FE games have been selling better in the US compared to Japan ever since they started localising them.

Maybe they are doing a Western FE game. By Retro.

But the FE games still sell a ton in Japan. If there's a new FE game announcement, would Nintendo not release it in Japan? Does that make sense?

This what makes me think
hope
that they are localizing one or more of the older Fire Emblem games. Japan wouldn't care about that.

Right, the only things which would exclude Japanese interest would be the localization of an existing product. It's really strange.

Richie

Damnit! That bogus Fates Switch business got me hyped while it lasted. Now I'm gonna hope against reason that they do announce that come the Direct, while my brain realizes it's gonna be more about the mobile game and FE Warriors.

I wouldn't mind a TMS port at all. I stopped playing right after the Shibuya tower dungeon. It would make for a good meaty single player game after Zelda's been out for a month or so.

I hope it's just that NCL hasn't gotten around to announcing it yet.
Usually Directs aren't announced until a day or two before. I'm thinking Japan hasn't announced theirs, yet.

This Direct is at 2 pm Pacific I heard, which is a very unusual time for a direct.

Yeah but what the hell could be in that direct that wouldn't be super weird to leave out of Japan? It's not like they are localizing a released game.

Strangely enough, even though it was disproven, an English only port of Fire Emblem Fates might make the most sense haha

It's just strange because like you said there is nothing to talk about with us that Japan shouldn't be knowing also.

They'll want the FE mobile game to be known in Japan too and same with FE Warriors I would think.

Unless it's some older Japanese FE games that haven't came to America. Or it's just not announced in Japan yet.

grandjedi6

It doesn't. But nothing about this direct makes sense. Unless they are about to announce the localisations of a bunch of old Fire Emblem games they skipped, there's nothing they could show that the Japanese audience wouldn't also be interested in.

Busaiku

Digital soundtrack releases could be possible.

They specifically said there'll be information about Fire Emblem Warriors.

Chase17

I think we've had worldwide directs at 5 Eastern before.

If it were to for some reason be about localizing past games, that would be really exciting to me. A new fire emblem is sure to come sooner or later, but I had already given up on playing some of the past games!

duckroll

Oh, I just had a thought. This is 5pm Eastern on the 18th in the US right? Which would make it 6am on the 19th in Japan. 19th is the day Famitsu hits.

Maybe, just maybe, there's going to be a big Switch coverage on all the announced stuff, and details on a bunch of the games for Japan, and the English Direct is meant to communicate that information to English audiences as soon as possible without breaking the media courtesy agreements Nintendo has with Famitsu for the scoop?

That's all I can think of at the moment. Which means there's no Japanese Direct because Nintendo has taken a different marketing strategy with FE in Japan allowing mags to transmit that info to fans first.

grandjedi6

Usually Directs aren't announced until a day or two before. I'm thinking Japan hasn't announced theirs, yet.

This Direct is at 2 pm Pacific I heard, which is a very unusual time for a direct.

It's just strange because like you said there is nothing to talk about with us that Japan shouldn't be knowing also.

They'll want the FE mobile game to be known in Japan too and same with FE Warriors I would think.

Unless it's some older Japanese FE games that haven't came to America. Or it's just not announced in Japan yet.

5 pm eastern

Geeze, that's pretty much the time you'd air a North America only direct. It's not even fully friendly to Europe, let alone Japan.

Totally going to be NoA only localizations then.

jnWake

*Direct begins*

Reggie says: "Fire Emblem Warriors is indeed coming to NA"

*Teaser from presentation plays*

*Direct ends*

Oh, I just had a thought. This is 5pm Eastern on the 18th in the US right? Which would make it 6am on the 19th in Japan. 19th is the day Famitsu hits.

Maybe, just maybe, there's going to be a big Switch coverage on all the announced stuff, and details on a bunch of the games for Japan, and the English Direct is meant to communicate that information to English audiences as soon as possible without breaking the media courtesy agreements Nintendo has with Famitsu for the scoop?

That's all I can think of at the moment. Which means there's no Japanese Direct because Nintendo has taken a different marketing strategy with FE in Japan allowing mags to transmit that info to fans first.
wee-bey-gif.gif

Some Nobody

This feels like a long shot. But, if FE Warriors is at this Direct like Nintendo Treehouse says it is, then also it makes sense? Because it's not like FE Warriors doesn't need to be shown off in Japan too? lol.

TreIII

That much would only play along with the whole notion of if what happened last time with Zelda Musou was true, where Koei Tecmo took care of marketing the game in JP, while Nintendo took care of the West. Same information is distilled to the respective audiences, albeit it in different ways.

also its famitsu that pointed out that there is no japanese event

duckroll

If the Japanese equivalent is in Famitsu, then we should be getting all the info leaked before the Direct. So let's see what happens. Lol.

I'm personally thinking they will show off Fire Emblem Warriors. Anounce compatibility with older FE amiibos in addition to new Amiibos. Have the release date for late 2017. Unveil FE mobile including launch date and price. Short trailer for FE releasing for 3DS & Switch, split versions similar to Fates, early 2018.

Vena

I'm personally thinking they will show off Fire Emblem Warriors. Anounce compatibility with older FE amiibos in addition to new Amiibos. Have the release date for late 2017. Unveil FE mobile including launch date and price. Short trailer for FE releasing for 3DS & Switch, early 2018.

No way they reveal the mobile game with a NA-only Direct.

Either duckroll is right, or this is some weird-ass half-direct of meaninglessness.

No way they reveal the mobile game with a NA-only Direct.

Either duckroll is right, or this is some weird-ass half-direct of meaninglessness.
Yeah I'm hoping duck roll is correct. Didn't Nintendo say they were planning on releasing FE mobile by March 2016? They have to start talking and I would think now would be a good time.

duckroll

Yeah I'm hoping duck roll is correct. Didn't Nintendo say they were planning on releasing FE mobile by March 2016? They have to start talking and I would think now would be a good time.

We will find out within a day. If there is Fire Emblem news in Famitsu, no way it doesn't leak.

That would be awesome!

But I hope that they don't take anything out or change anything from the JPN version like last time.

But of course they will.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions would make a great launch title. It was a solid game that many missed out on, being 1/6 titles at launch would bring it to the forefront.

BruceCLea

Banned
It's got to cover the mobile game at least. Otherwise what's the point? They could've put it in last week with the other games and not just a teaser.

I feel it will focus on the mobile game because it needs a proper intro.

Top Bottom