• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G1 Climax 24 |OT| New Japan Pro-Wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm NOT HAPPY with that result, but what a phenomenal match. I really couldn't tell who was going to win.

This G1 was like a lifetime of sensational wrestling condensed into 2 weeks. Absolutely nuts.

ghostmind

G1 Final Top Matches
Nakamura vs. Okada
Styles vs. Tanahashi
Shibata vs. Goto
Time Splitters vs. reDRagon
Ishii vs. Anderson

Special Recognition
Maria's ass

lbMvfXO.jpg

G1 CLIMAX 24 - best wrestling event ever.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Congrats to Reneledarker for winning the avatar bet btw. Looks like we're getting AJ vs Okada 3 at the Tokyo Dome, but Okada still has to defend his title shot until then.

But, it's not like he's losing it, right?

Right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so whos this maria everyone is talking about?

18,000 is the official number from New Japan, so a little over half-full - Meltzer says the NJPW office were always expecting somewhere in the region of 16-18k, so they hit their target for the venue, even if it wasn't a sell-out. Incidentally, Japan's being hit by a typhoon at the moment, which may have affected walk-in ticket sales on the day.

New Japan also announced that the next PPV on September 21st, Destruction in Kobe, will be streamed via Ustream - no word on the September 23rd Destruction in Okayama event, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is Bonski dragonzord? hes shitting on the last day pretty hard on twitter :p

Hell, half my timeline on twitter today was people shitting over the finals. New Japan's match quality is hard to deny, but it's also hard to deny that ever since last year's G1 finals there have been a lot of people not satisfied with the booking direction.

My only misgiving as of late is what they're doing with Naito - I always maintained they'd have to break him down and rebuild him as a face after the fans reacted so badly to him last year and I thought they were doing just that, but then they keep putting him in situations where it's super obvious he's going to get booed (like vs ultimate underdog Honma), so I'm not really sure. It feels like they're now building towards him turning heel out of frustration.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a little concerned to see Jarrett and AJ together. That's the concern...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't get me wrong, Jarrett himself is no real problem. He does good shit when executive meddling doesn't get in the way.

AJ embracing Jarrett makes me think of TNA though, it's just...that visual has baggage!

Hasney

Don't get me wrong, Jarrett himself is no real problem. He does good shit when executive meddling doesn't get in the way.

AJ embracing Jarrett makes me think of TNA though, it's just...that visual has baggage!

Ha, true. But I kind of pictured the good period of TNA when it happened... Although I probably would have pictured it more had it been Christian and Tomko coming out to embrace AJ.

Rhaknar

if I was to do a compilation of the best matches of each day of G1 24 to show a friend what NJPW is about, what would you guys recomend?

dont be afraid to say multiple matches for certain days, hell I would almost put every day 4/7/8 match in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom