• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

gNCv3.png

New to GAF Hop, or just out of the hip hop loop? Check out

hSsYt.png

Each quarter HiResDes gives us his top picks, both free and retail and there's a pretty good chance there's something for everyone. Browse these threads before asking!

Quarter 1 2012
Quarter 2 2012

b0pjV.png

Highly discussed:

Notable Releases:

Curren$y x SP - The1st 28
Camron x Vado - Blu Top
Doo Wop x Planet Asia - The Arrival
Yelawolf x Ed Sheeran - Slumdon Bridge
Balloons Of Haus (The Weeknd)
Sean Rose - OverDrive
ScienZe & King I Divine - Divine ScienZe LP
Children Of The Night - Queens... Revisited
Neako - LVLZebra
Deniro Farrar - DESTINY. altered
Action Bronson - Blue Chips
Rittz - White Jesus Revival

Bhvnd.png

Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep
Favourite Artist
Best feature killer
Favourite album
What's in your playlist?

GAF-Hop Discusses:
Rank Kanye's albums
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)
Illmatic > Nas' whole life?
Do you think Nas next album will be good? Or is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
Who do you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef?
Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
Pick an era of Eminem

2bQOy.png

GAF-Hop's Rap Battles

GAF-Hop's Posee Cut - GAF is So Appalled (Kanye West cover)

Ft5k0.png

GAF-Hop's own moderator and DJ Blackace has put together a range of mixes spanning from West Coast Mixes, to artist specific and pop orientated mixes.

Mixes he has made include: Eminem Mix, DJ Quik, Poppy Mixes and Ignorant Mixes (2 Chaaaaainz)

All of his mixes can be found at http://dj-ace.com

Soul Creator:
Siddx:HighResDes (with Gus & Pacific):
ReconYoda (Zach) & Peterboy:
Emperor Bohe:

S7WbY.png

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne
Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop thread- If you're into Nujabes & lyricless beats, feel free to post them here, but there's a lot've albums over there you may not've heard of!

5sOgZ.png

Thanks for reading (If anyone did) and now you can return to your regularly scheduled GAF-Hop Discussions.

Het4J.jpg

Image thanks to CRS.

Macca

If I've forgotten/missed anything just lemme know and I'll get around to it. Still some stuff to do I know, but I needed to get this up.

kamspy

Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep - souf
Favourite Artist - all time UGK. Right now TDE
Best feature killer - Jadakiss
Favourite album - Ridin' Dirty
What's in your playlist? - Right now? Bunch of 3-6 thanks to that convo last night. Some Chip da Ripper. A lot of Dipset. HnC, various Weeknd shit. MMJB. Wale. Chico Dusty making a major comeback in my daily driving. It hasn't left my CD player in a while. Going through a big Dipset nostalgia trip last few days. Rack City RMX. -_-

GAF-Hop Discusses:
Rank Kanye's albums
lol.
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost) Changes for me daily.
Illmatic > Nas' whole life? - Illmatic by a mile.
Do you think Nas next album will be good? Or is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? - I have no reason to be optimistic.
Who do you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef? lol. jaypouringnasdrink.jpg
Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion 2 of the best.
Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged? Idiot savant
Pick an era of Eminem - yall don't want that.

filler

Banned
Oh yeah, I forgot if it isnt some obscure artist from the bay, they are overrated to you.

Obscure artist from the Bay? My favorite rappers from the Bay are E-40 and Tupac. As for The Chronic, I wasn't that into it when it came out and it hasn't aged well either. Doggstyle> The Chronic

Recon

Banned
Obscure artist from the Bay? My favorite rappers from the Bay are E-40 and Tupac. As for The Chronic, I wasn't that into it when it came out and it hasn't aged well either. Doggstyle> The Chronic

How old are you? Also, you pimp out a fuck ton of obscure shitty artists from the bay. So yes, I stand by my comment.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

actually you are wrong about it not aging well...

the singles are so good... the songs that dealt with the issues of Cali in the 90s are stale, that is why Death Cert didn't age well too... but the party singles aged like wine.. I do agree DS is a better top to bottom album

kamspy

I see 2 Chainz as a prime free agent right now for either MBM or CTE. Just a matter of how much Jeezy really wants to push the label. If he got Tity they'd have a banging ass trio of Jeezy, Gibbs and Tity. He'd also do good on MBM.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I see 2 Chainz as a prime free agent right now for either MBM or CTE. Just a matter of how much Jeezy really wants to push the label. If he got Tity they'd have a banging ass trio of Jeezy, Gibbs and Tity. He'd also do good on MBM.

2 Chainz is one of my favorite artist right now.. dude isn't dope by any standards but he has good beats and rides them fairly well...

filler

Banned
How old are you? Also, you pimp out a fuck ton of obscure shitty artists from the bay. So yes, I stand by my comment.

Old enough to be yo momma's loser boyfriend. What obscure artists am I pimping out? Mac Mall and Dubee. They made two of my favorite albums of all time, so you'll always see me recommend AKA Sugawolf and Illegal Business when someone asks for something from the West Coast. All the other stuff I post, because nobody else is. When I get linked to a new video or some news, then I post it up here. All other news seems to get covered by everyone else already.

Recon

Banned
He is the ying to your yang

I try not to force any shitty obscure artists from anywhere on anyone. I also love West Coast music. :) I mean, Makaveli might be my second favorite album behind Illmatic. Shit is great, except for that one track. You know which one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom