• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Ourobolus

Banned
Ouro, what happens if you give someone a drink a second time?

Just looking at the table arrangement and there doesn't seem to be two non-drink people sitting next to each other this time.

I answered this before - I just waste the drink. I mean, they still get it, but it doesn't do anything to help my win condition.

roytheone

Just a heads up: I have to work today, so the final hour I will not be able to keep a close eye on the thread, and the final 15 minutes or so I will not be able to look at it at all.

Ty4on

I think he has been tunnelling, but not necessarily on a person, but on his power. Whenever he had a ping he always immediately jumped on one of those persons, not really considering the many other possibilities that exist. He has been all over the map, and I don't really have a good feeling for who he really suspects of being scum, outside of you.
The one thing that has always stuck out to me is how much Nin has trusted me. I pinged his detector N2, but he never went after me.

Ourobolus

Banned
The one thing that has always stuck out to me is how much Nin has trusted me. I pinged his detector N2, but he never went after me.

This is my issue. He didn't claim until after he ended up in the chat with Bronx and Camjo (this was after Xam pulled the fire alarm). Then he claimed. He most likely didn't go after you due to Camjo. But why wait until that point?

Kevyt

Vote: nin1000

I forgot to mention how recently he has become a non-entity in this game and just casually throwing a vote for Burb

Ty4on

Just a heads up: I have to work today, so the final hour I will not be able to keep a close eye on the thread, and the final 15 minutes or so I will not be able to look at it at all.
I have work the last two hours and were gone for a while preparing. I may be able to respond here and there, but can't be super active.

roytheone

And now one of his N1 pings is a main lynch candidate, and instead he votes on his other N1 ping who has very little chance to get lynched. With no explanation. Nin, why do you find burb more suspicious then Time out of your N1 pings?

Kevyt

I am sorry, call me a fool, but I actually partially believe some of the things that Time has said, and if it comes down to Ty4on and Time, I won't want any of them two being lynched.

This is reminiscent of the last game I played, in Gods in which town was split between voting out two town players. One of them was scummier than the other one, but none of them two ended up being scum.

Ty4on

I hadn't thought about that Ouro. I somehow thought Nin claimed before he and Camjo were in the gossip. Makes much more sense now why he'd town read me knowing I couldn't know Camjo moved unless Roy was my scum buddy.
What about t4on and camjo z?? They were sitting right next to me!
I quoted this because it was funny (Nin hadn't claimed), but this is also before the fire alarm and we see Nin being suspicious of me.

Ty4on

And now one of his N1 pings is a main lynch candidate, and instead he votes on his other N1 ping who has very little chance to get lynched. With no explanation. Nin, why do you find burb more suspicious then Time out of your N1 pings?
Burb shouldn't be above suspicion either and Nin might be afraid nobody is going to press him if he doesn't.

I generally town read Burb, but he could be a clever scum. He also pushed how unlikely it was for scum to bus Wee and how close we were to getting Wee confirmed accidentally. Reminds me a bit of Palmer who knew how important my late vote in MGS was.

Kevyt

I agree with Ty4on, I actually have not read Burb as town at all, but as a clever scum too.

I know that he's a extremely good town player and as scum he would be phenomenal.

I've been reluctant to role claim because I'm afraid it would have unintended consequences and usually, most of the time, I'm against role claims as it gives scum an upper hand.

However, I figured that with the way that Burb has controlled some of the discussion, if he were scum, then that would be very scary.

roytheone

Burb shouldn't be above suspicion either and Nin might be afraid nobody is going to press him if he doesn't.

I generally town read Burb, but he could be a clever scum. He also pushed how unlikely it was for scum to bus Wee and how close we were to getting Wee confirmed accidentally. Reminds me a bit of Palmer who knew how important my late vote in MGS was.

Well, yeah. I still have my doubts about Burb mostly because his role claim is an easy one to make for scum and is a handy excuse why a player that is mostly seen as town by everyone doesn't get night killed. Still, it would be nice of Nin to actually give a reason himself.

Was nin pushing me and Time lot more than Ty4on and Camjo in Day 3 already?

I think he did. That's what I wrote down in my notes of that day.

Burbeting

Banned
Those suspicions are valid, but they are also something I can't really comment on too much. I gave my reasoning why I claimed my role on D4 (It gave more information on why I was suspicious of Kalor, I couldn't claim odd night commuter due to nin forcing my hand and I assume that Scum was going to figure out what I was after Kalor flipped).

roytheone

Thought experiment:

Not saying either of them are, but if it came down to nin and Burb, who would you vote?

I would go with Burb tbh. His commuter claim is suspicious, and I don't agree with his assessment that scum had probably figured him out already. If he is scum he is very, VERY dangerous, and could easily lead town on a dark path of mislynches. Nin is weird and all over the place, but I still think he is town.

nin1000

Banned
I would go with Burb tbh. His commuter claim is suspicious, and I don't agree with his assessment that scum had probably figured him out already. If he is scum he is very, VERY dangerous, and could easily lead town on a dark path of mislynches. Nin is weird and all over the place, but I still think he is town.

Kevyt

For posterity. I've already shared my thoughts on Burb already. To me, everyone is scummed until they flip.

Vote: Burbeting

Vote: Xamtheking

I am still iffy on Xam being town. I do not put too much stake in his early vote for Wee, because a vote early on before a train builds is an easy enough smoke screen, especially with the way votes get thrown all over the place.

I'm still reading Burb as town as well, even as I am 50/50 on his actually being a commuter.

Kevyt

Workshop time! Won't be able to respond at all from now on.

Umm okay, well I still hold by three points I made today. First being that I don't want to see a ty4on lynch, and I guess Time not either. I guess we will know more about him as time goes by? (pun intended) Just kidding. I can certainly see a scum Time being this way.

However, I also think Burb could be a very strong town player or a really strong scum player disguised as a town player. The latter is much more scary. There are some inconsistencies in his posts and his analysis of other players and the game overall. However, something is just off for me from Burbeting, and I think next day we should look more carefully into him, and of course depending on how things turn out.

Yet, I still lean more on a Xam lynch, for the reasons that many who are suspicious about him have raised. Also, when I joined I specifically looked into the day that weemad was lynched and notice something interesting between Xam and Wee. I don't think its coincidental, and I don't think Xam is town.

I am leaning more by my gut, and my previous vote of him will be final. I realize all the WIFOM there is floating around and it's a shame that in this day we were not so productive but I do think it helped solidify my reads and other players, and for other players to have done the same. I think we need to take votes more seriously and look at who is voting for who. This has always been very obvious, but if we catch scum today, we are very close to victory and a time for panic from the scum team. Looking at voting behaviors and patterns will help us see what a player's posts might not be able to tell.

Ultimately, from the beginning I joined this game, Xam raised a few red flags in my book, and I still believe that, in addition to Salva coasting, though he has been a non-entity for this day, I still find Xam more suspicious.

Vote: Xamtheking

Ourobolus

Banned
Unfortunately I could see both of these guys as scum (or we're back to having two townies duking it out -.-). I'll break a tie, but I don't have a preference here.

Timeaisis

The last thing Xam did was defend himself earlier in the day phase. Before that, he was in lynch Launch mode for multiple days straight. He hasn't done a hell of a lot since Launch flipped. Couple that with the timing and content of his roleclaim, and that's still where I am.

RetroMG

Retro looked up from his Food Network Magazine. “Time’s up, folks.”
All of the fingers pointed at Xamtheking.
Once more, Swamped strode into the room. Fear filled Xam’s eyes, and he turned to Retro. “Don’t make me go with her. She’s going to kill me.”
Swamped stopped, and cocked her head at him. “No, I’m not.”
A dawning ray of hope filled Xam’s eyes. “Y-you’re not?”
Swamped smiled, “No, of course not, silly.” She gestured at a short, stocky, bald man standing a few steps behind her. “This, however, is Captain Shumaker, of the local fire department, and he’d like to have a word with you about the fire alarms in this building, and the various security cameras that are pointed at them.”
The dawning light of hope slammed out of Xam’s eyes, replaced with despair.
“Son,” Captain Shumaker drawled, “I’m gonna need you to come with me, so we can have a word about public safety, and how the exorbitant fines you’re about to pay are going to buy my station a new fire pole.”
Xam looked back wordlessly at the group as the captain dragged him from the room.

Xamtheking, aka Salvapot the Mischief Maker, has been removed from the game.

Welcome!

Now let’s see. Your name tag says Xamtheking, but we both know that you are SalvaPot, the Mischief Maker!

You are an Invited Guest. (That means you are aligned with the Town.)

You can’t sit still. You never could. You like the active games. You like to argue. You don’t like long, boring, wedding rehearsal dinners that break out into random mafia games!

Twice during the course of the game, you may pull the fire alarm by PMing RetroMG with the command FIRE DRILL. This will force everyone to get up, leave the room, and come back in and sit down wherever they can find a seat. This will randomly shuffle the seating arrangements.

This action may be performed during the day or the night. If it is performed during the day, it will happen shortly after the PM is sent. (Allowing for time for Retro to re-assign seats.) If it is performed at night, it will be the last action taken before the day begins.

You will not be able to select any of the seats, including your own.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

You win when you have eliminated all threats to the invited guests.

Game Thread is here

Good luck, SalvaPot!

Day 6 has ended

Night 6 will be the usual 48 hours.
However beginning with Day 7, we will be moving to a 48/24 schedule. That is, 48 hours for the day, and 24 hours for the night.

Day 7 begin in:
gra_1463846400.png

SHAMELESS WEDDING CRASH
SHAMELESS WEDDING CRASH
SHAMELESS WEDDING CRASH

qh55TrO.gif
More like Xamtheusurper, amirite

shhhh
iYQ5vDY.gif
RhRZJwm.png

shhh
v8J8TVG.gif