• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iksenpets

Banned
I didn't like rereading ADWD. I felt like it dragged the second time, and I really liked it the first. Go figure.

Feast is slow but otherwise interesting. When you come into it off of the adrenaline rush of Storm, it feels like a crash. It benefits when you come back to it more sober. Dance, on the other hand, is a bloated mess that feels like an editor never even looked at it, and that really comes across on a second reading when you're not blinded with excitement by every minor twist and revelation.

The whole ASOIAF saga centers around Tyrion (and a small cast of others). I'd say he's definitely a main character. But the second season underplayed him a bit, which is only natural since they introduced several other story arcs.

gutshot

Why did they decide on Valar Morgulis over Blackwater for special effects. I get the Wights but did you guys see that green mushroom cloud explosion? I mean, c'mon. I figured that would be a shoe-in.

Blackwater visual effects = wildfire explosion

Valar Morghulis visual effects = snowed-in throne room, Dothraki tent Beyond the Wall, all three dragons in a scene at once, dragons breathing fire, zombie horse, White Walker, Walkers and wights advancing on the Fist

Blackwater visual effects = wildfire explosion

Valar Morghulis visual effects = snowed-in throne room, Dothraki tent Beyond the Wall, all three dragons in a scene at once, dragons breathing fire, zombie horse, White Walker, Walkers and wights advancing on the Fist

Pretty much this. It has a damn good shot of winning because of the complexity and nuance of those shots.

Ark

My god I hope they show the fight on the Fist of the First Men in all it's glory. It would be the best way to start off season 3.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
ASOS
if they do the shit-covered sorta-human he becomes, it'll be kind of funny

I asked for the book marker only because I actually looked at the spoiler and realized that I got myself spoiled. This does not happen in ASoS, at least I do not think he appears, seeing as how I just finished the book.

Where do you guys think they'll end up in season 3?

Episode 8: Joffrey dies (^_^)
Episode 9: Red Wedding :)C)
Episode 10: Dany collects worms, Jon prepares to defend the wall

No. I don't want any more big actors in small-ish roles that lead to the writers creating a bunch of ridiculous new content to justify the salary

Elijah Wood should be
coldhands
, just so he can have a couple lines with Sam, then leave lol

"I'm here, Sam."

Nearing the end of ASoS. This book was such a thrillride, seriously. Holy shit. I only have half the last chapter + the epilogue to go. I'll have to try and form my own opinion on AFFC but people seem to dislike it so... A bad GRRM book is still good, no? :(

I was prepared for a terribly slow book by hearing others talk about it, but I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked it. By telling you that, I just ruined it for you. :/

As others have said, Dance is a bloated mess. Maybe you'll love it, now that you've been warned?

Violater

I want vengeance for Ned and Brandon Stark.
I want Dragons to burn the others out of existence.
And sweet hookups between Jon Snow and Danny

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Elijah Wood should be
coldhands

"I'm here, Sam."

That seems like it wouldn't leave a lot for the 4th season.

Enosh

That seems like it wouldn't leave a lot for the 4th season.
obviously ASOS spoilers, DON?T READ if you didn't read the book
yeah i am guessing red wedding ep 9 of the third season and the jofrey one ep 1 or 2 of the fourth one

although I have no idea if they can get away with just the red wedding in the third season, with nothing to balance out killing such major characters (worse than killing them in the books imo since Robb got so much more presence in the TV show)

cj_iwakura

obviously ASOS spoilers, DON?T READ if you didn't read the book
yeah i am guessing red wedding ep 9 of the third season and the jofrey one ep 1 or 2 of the fourth one

although I have no idea if they can get away with just the red wedding in the third season, with nothing to balance out killing such major characters (worse than killing them in the books imo since Robb got so much more presence in the TV show)

ASOS
I can see Season 3 ENDING on The Red Wedding.

ASOS
I can see Season 3 ENDING on The Red Wedding.

ASOS
It makes more sense as Episode 9. Ending the season with Robb and Catelyn being killed would be too much of a downer. You need something sort of uplifting to follow it up (I think it will be the freed slaves from Yunkai and Jon returning to the Wall)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ASOS
It makes more sense as Episode 9. Ending the season with Robb and Catelyn being killed would be too much of a downer. You need something sort of uplifting to follow it up (I think it will be the freed slaves from Yunkai and Jon returning to the Wall)

ASOS
I think Dany's story will end with the sacking of Astapor for season 3. Save the rest for next season.

ASOS
Episode 7 is the Red Wedding

ASOS
Actually confirmed not to be. GRRM is writing episode 7, titled "Autumn Storms", and he was asked directly in a comic-con interview last weekend if that event is in his episode, and it said it was not. He did say that his episode has a lot of rain and wind though.

ASOS
I agree.
You need something to give people incentive to be excited about coming back to it. Especially after shitting on them like that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Elijah Wood should be
coldhands

"I'm here, Sam."

Why would they do Joffrey's wedding the same season as Edmure's?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My take was that he was still as rich as all getup, but that he wasn't nearly the richest man in Qarth, not by a long shot. Likely, all his money was in his business (ships).

He used that vault and the stories told about it to build up a reputation for himself as immensely rich and thus extremely powerful, which would have the double effect of intimidating his enemies into inaction against him and opened up more opportunities for him as a businessman.

Maybe one day he planned to actually fill that vault, maybe not. Regardless, it would have been a useful tool to help him project an image of power, which plays into the themes brought up in Varys' speech to Tyrion about power being a trick of shadows on the wall.

Ack, forgot I posted. lol

I guess my question then would be why the others believed his lies enough to put him on the council? I suppose its easy to pretend you are rich, but at some point, you are borrowing from someone and they're going to want to cash in.

Why would they do Joffrey's wedding the same season as Edmure's?

ASOS
yeah not a chance they do both weddings in the same season. Red Wedding is season 3 and Joffreys is season 4. Otherwise there's not enough to go around, unless they give us all Ros all the time. Which they may, because we really need that insight into the commoner point of view that she gives us.

I agree.
You need something to give people incentive to be excited about coming back to it. Especially after shitting on them like that.

That and you need the scene with the biggest impact in the episode before the finale. That way people talk about it going into the last episode and raise the viewer count.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ASOS
yeah not a chance they do both weddings in the same season. Red Wedding is season 3 and Joffreys is season 4. Otherwise there's not enough to go around, unless they give us all Ros all the time. Which they may, because we really need that insight into the commoner point of view that she gives us.

ASOS
I think they could do both weddings in season 3 and still have plenty for season 4.

The battle on the wall, Dany conquering cities, Arya and The Hounds Excellent Adventures, Tyrion's trial and escape

sk3

Banned
I think they will definitely break them up.
ASOS
Punching the audience in the gut with the red wedding at the end of S3 and following up with Joffrey's wedding in E2 or E3 of S4 would be pretty good. The audience will not expect such a big event so early in the season. And you get them pumped up for the rest of S4.

MNC

Elijah Wood should be
coldhands

"I'm here, Sam."

They'll need atleast a Blackwater in the end.

ASOS
I suppose that could be the Red Wedding. I dunno, I kind of hope they'll get to the first piece of the battle at the Wall (Up til the part where Ygritte dies) and then the real battle will be the cliffhanger with all the giants and mammoths.

But if they want season 4 to be the other half of ASoS, there wouldn't be that much left to portray in it. I actually think they'll either have Joffrey's Wedding + Tyrion's Trial + Tywin's murder in 1 of the season, and the Red Wedding in the other.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
They'll need atleast a Blackwater in the end.

ASOS
I suppose that could be the Red Wedding. I dunno, I kind of hope they'll get to the first piece of the battle at the Wall (Up til the part where Ygritte dies) and then the real battle will be the cliffhanger with all the giants and mammoths.

But if they want season 4 to be the other half of ASoS, there wouldn't be that much left to portray in it. I actually think they'll either have Joffrey's Wedding + Tyrion's Trial + Tywin's murder in 1 of the season, and the Red Wedding in the other.

ASOS

I'll be surprised if they get that far with Jon. I think his arc will end with the escape from the Wildlings at the end of season 3. Season 4 will be the battle at The Wall.

MNC

ASOS

I'll be surprised if they get that far with Jon. I think his arc will end with the escape from the Wildlings at the end of season 3. Season 4 will be the battle at The Wall.

True, the split where the book also splits is good, but the first half doesn't really have that much going for it. Perhaps the
turning of the night's watch people at Craster's?
Though that's not really that amazing of a setpiece.

Jezabel

Iwan Rheon <3 i think he could pull off a great Ramsay. Im wet

iwan-rheon-302882.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom