• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. ios. Universal. Worldwide release. $10. Out today!

Wildesy

A $10 iOS game is the equivalent of a $300 console game in comparison with average market prices. Even being generous, it's at least 2.5 times the high end cost (i.e. Kairosoft games). Would you pay $150 for a console title even if it was really good? I wouldn't.

url

I award you no points.

Psy-Phi

The only reason I would like to pay less than $10 is because I bought it already on the DS(iXL). If I didn't own it already, I would have clicked on that IAP before even finishing the first chapter.

As it is, I can wait and hope for a sale that may never come.

It'd be cool to have this on my phone but I already played through it and I seldom, if ever replay games. Also, the story really falls apart at the end.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So first timers. Are yall enjoying this? I kinda worry that only insane people that enjoy the quirkness of Ace Attorney games enjoy this stuff (and those and this game didn't sell too hot on ds or ios T_T).

Played the first chapter I think and I'm in love. Absolutely adored the first 3 Ace Attorney games though. I'll probably pick this up on sale since I've already gone nuts on iOS gaming as it is though I will say $10 is a damn good price.

Zeth

Finished the first case/thing, feel like I'm going to love this game.. SMH at people complaining about $10. This isn't Doodle Jump folks.

Thoraxes

Oh wow, it finally came to the US.

Guess I can get rid of my JP iOS copy and buy this.

I think this speaks volumes for their commitment to publishing their games on iOS in all regions, and while it took a while, i'm glad it finally came to the US.

crispyben

I know it's a universal app (though not yet out in France yet), so can I switch between devices while keeping my save easily, maybe in the cloud or through iTunes?

Flunkie

Banned
As the spoilers roll in, I'm gonna roll out, as this is my first time playing this game with no prior knowledge to what it's about exactly. Loving it so far, except for the fact that the text is annoyingly frequent/slow. But yeah, cool game. :)

As the spoilers roll in, I'm gonna roll out, as this is my first time playing this game with no prior knowledge to what it's about exactly. Loving it so far, except for the fact that the text is annoyingly frequent/slow. But yeah, cool game. :)

It's pretty much ace attorney. But a bit more actual gameplay then those. I believe there are ways to speed up text if you go to settings on your ios device and go to the ghost trick app.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well Best buy is having 20% off iTunes cards again and I just ordered a $50 card. Think I can possibly justify this now even though I always prefer to wait for a deal regardless of price.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well Best buy is having 20% off iTunes cards again and I just ordered a $50 card. Think I can possibly justify this now even though I always prefer to wait for a deal regardless of price.

Just buy the game. People have paid four times the amount and haven't complained.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just picked this up and played through the first part. Really been looking forward to this, can't wait to get stuck in!

Emitan

Beat chapter 3. I consider myself pretty fucking stupid and I'm happy that it seems really easy so far. I just hope I can finish it!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
First Sonic Generations PC, now this. Can someone explain to me, why Japanese games aren't available in Japan? :|

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
(That Missile pic should be just a link with a spoiler warning imo, it's early on but it was shocking for me in the first playthrough as I didn't expect such a thing.)

Finally got it. Good thing the the animations look the same. I checked this thread while it was downloading and the framerate comments on the portraits and scrolling got me worried that the port felt choppy, but everything is still smooth (and crispier due to the res bump), not a deal breaker and first time players shouldn't worry either.

It will be a fun replay. By now I only remember random bits of the plot and pretty much nothing about any of puzzles solutions, so it will feel fresh too. And achievements!

First Sonic Generations PC, now this. Can someone explain to me, why Japanese games aren't available in Japan? :|
It's available in Japan:

http://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id401594433?mt=8

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah, but you have to buy the chapters separately, I'm talking about the complete release (the price of all parts combined is 43$).

Ah got ya, I misunderstood your post. That price discrepancy sucks.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Yeah, but you have to buy the chapters separately, I'm talking about the complete release (the price of all parts combined is 43$).

There is no coption to buy all the chapters at once? I mean I can buy the chapters seperately here as well, but there is a fourth button to buy all at once.

Top Bottom