• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. ios. Universal. Worldwide release. $10. Out today!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There is no coption to buy all the chapters at once? I mean I can buy the chapters seperately here as well, but there is a fourth button to buy all at once.
To be honest I didn't download it to check... Seeing the individual prices in "top addons" scared me off.

no angel

God damn, I've wanted to play this since it's DS release and it's every bit as good as I expected it to be. This had better sell well.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Buy this game, it's awesome.

Fuu said:
(That Missile pic should be just a link with a spoiler warning imo, it's early on but it was shocking for me in the first playthrough as I didn't expect such a thing.)
Agreed.

Bebpo

Banned
Playing it on iOS reminds me of why I never finished it on DS even though I really do like it and think it's charming.

there is no fast forward button

The text is like Xenogears USA style slow. Do they think only 3 year olds are playing this? It causes the pace to move like molasses. I like the game, but it really pulls at my patience. If they just added a button to speed up text it would be an amazing game. :\

Dachande

Downloaded it and immediately bought the rest of the chapters. Not even going to play the free ones to check.

You can get "Ch.3 - End" in the Buy More Chapters section, which was £6.99 for me. I'm happy with this.

Riposte

Playing it on iOS reminds me of why I never finished it on DS even though I really do like it and think it's charming.

The text is like Xenogears USA style slow. Do they think only 3 year olds are playing this? It causes the pace to move like molasses. I like the game, but it really pulls at my patience. If they just added a button to speed up text it would be an amazing game. :\

Pretty certain you could speed up the text via button pushes on the DS.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

You just hold down the stylus to fast forward. :\

If you go to Settings on your iDevice then the game has a text speed option there.

IrishNinja

maaaaan, all you "bought it on DS but it's still on the shelf LOL/would double dip but it's too expensive DERP" and here i am, offering to help you get the nicer version for the mere cost of shipping!
that's what i get for trying to help out.

i bet i missed it for 10 or less at some holiday sale, fuck

Keasar

I thought it was going to be 10 dollars for the whole game, but it turns out to be (at least here in sweden) about 22-25 dollars. :(

Still, very excited that this game out on iOS, I have been trying to get my hands on a DS copy for a long time but every store I have asked goes "Nope, we are out."

Spwn

I thought it was going to be 10 dollars for the whole game, but it turns out to be (at least here in sweden) about 22-25 dollars. :(

Weird. Shows the first two episodes free and the third one is 7.99€ in the Finnish iTunes store. I'm pretty sure you're misreading the store page.

Keasar

Weird. Shows the first two episodes free and the third one is 7.99€ in the Finnish iTunes store. I'm pretty sure you're misreading the store page.

Oh! DOH! I misread the whole thing. I added buying the three separate chapter packs together WITH the complete pack, that turns out to cost 10 dollars, so the total came over 20. My bad!

Dachande

Still, very excited that this game out on iOS, I have been trying to get my hands on a DS copy for a long time but every store I have asked goes "Nope, we are out."

Are you saying you see multiple Ghost Trick entries in the App Store?

I only see one in the UK App Store, and it's free. The full game costs £6.99 through one in-app option...

edit: ah, okay

Bebpo

Banned
If you go to Settings on your iDevice then the game has a text speed option there.

Ah, thanks! Why wasn't this under the in-game settings? Makes no sense.

Will give the game another shot on iOS. It wasn't just the text speed that soured me on the DS experience, but not being able to FF through the event timer scenes. Sitting around waiting for stuff to happen got boring and I wished I could just speed up the timer by holding down a button.

I've wanted to pick up Ghost Trick for so long, but had a lot of trouble finding it (and kept putting off purchasing it online), so finding out it has been released on iOS (a little over a week since getting an iPad, no less) was a really nice surprise. I think it plays really, really well on the platform and the pricing seems really reasonable (shame it sounds like it's priced rather bizarrely in some regions :/ ).

Hit $1 yet? If not, it will be in 7 days.

It won't because the chapters are unlocked via IAP. its unlikely they will drop the price. CAPCOM probably is going to leave it at $10 and do another port.

I bought Chapter3-End.

played til the chapter 2 girl+Dog yesterday. I liked it. :)

Pretty certain you could speed up the text via button pushes on the DS.

Yeah, but that gets tiring. Worse, the fast forward feature (holding a button or the touchscreen) only works for dialogue you've already read.

The iOS version has a slightly different fast forward feature where the text doesn't appear quicker, but as long as you're holding the touchscreen it'll just keep advancing without having to tap repeatedly.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
If you buy an itunes card at bestbuy.com they are 20% off right now. Buying a $50 gift card for $40 is like getting Ghost Trick for free!

Pagusas

Elden Member
I thought this was suppose to be a nice port, on my ipad 2 the game is fricken ugly, jaggie and fuzzy as hell. Like its being upscaled, and alot of the transition screens look like low resolution static pics they just copied over from the DS. Not to mention the "ghost trick" side bar thing is distracting and ugly as hell and also looks blurry as hell.

LiK

I thought this was suppose to be a nice port, on my ipad 2 the game is fricken ugly, jaggie and fuzzy as hell. Like its being upscaled, and alot of the transition screens look like low resolution static pics they just copied over from the DS. Not to mention the "ghost trick" side bar thing is distracting and ugly as hell and also looks blurry as hell.
blurry? looks good to me. hell, the info text in the book is super crisp as well. it's not HD-ified so it's probably upscaled like you said.

The iPad mode was definitely an afterthought but the graphics are still way clearer than they were on the DS (I actually played it on the 3DS and the scaling there was far worse than what I'm dealing with here). The game is probably optimally played on an iPhone though.

I only own an iPad 2, but still bought the full game just to help make sure Capcom keeps actually releasing stuff here, albeit a year late.

Picked this up last night and played through the first chapter, holy crap the game looks to be pretty awesome. I'm not one for portable gaming but this may convert me!

LiK

The iPad mode was definitely an afterthought but the graphics are still way clearer than they were on the DS (I actually played it on the 3DS and the scaling there was far worse than what I'm dealing with here). The game is probably optimally played on an iPhone though.

I only own an iPad 2, but still bought the full game just to help make sure Capcom keeps actually releasing stuff here, albeit a year late.
i'll probably see what it looks like on my iPod Touch later. altho it may not look that much better on the retina screen compared to it being upccaled on iPad2. but i'll take it over the scanlines.

Leeness

Something I've forgotten of the story and now I have a question!

Beginning and ending spoilers.
At the beginning of the game, cat Sissel drops by "human" Sissel's body, meows and runs off. Isn't kitty Sissel already dead in the bag up at the top of the junk heap by then? Or are there some time travel shenanigans I've not remembered?

Something I've forgotten of the story and now I have a question!

Beginning and ending spoilers.
At the beginning of the game, cat Sissel drops by "human" Sissel's body, meows and runs off. Isn't kitty Sissel already dead in the bag up at the top of the junk heap by then? Or are there some time travel shenanigans I've not remembered?

You're correct - you're seeing Yomiel in Sissel's body there. He was probably there to reclaim his own body, but Lynne standing guard prevented that.

AEREC

Just played the first 20 minutes (or up until the part where you save the red head) and it looks like Ill be purchasing this later today.

I hope we see more DS games ported to iOS...I know Phoenix Wright is coming (I skipped those ont he DS as well) but I would love to see some Profesor Layton games on iOS, not sure how likely that is though.

Top Bottom