• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast Live - 07/26/16 - Episode 440

kulapik

2603187-4262886689-25578.gif
LIVE

Wigdogger

RE: No Man's Sky

I just scrubbed back, and all I heard him giving some shade on was Starbound, not No Man's Sky. I think people are confused.

Zaph

I just scrubbed back, and all I heard him giving some shade on was Starbound, not No Man's Sky. I think people are confused.

You must have missed it, it was a quick throwaway comment along the lines of Starbound having a lot more to do than NMS.

Kenza

Neo Member
What did he saud?

Jeff and Brad was explaining to Dan what starbound was with terraia and 2d minecraft and suddenly Jeff said: "What if No Mans Sky was a 2D game and had alot more going on" and Brad said "Too soon". Jeff responded with "We'll see".

He definitely said something like "It's like if No Mans Sky had a lot more going on, but we'll talk about that later"

He was praising Starbound

Hmm didn't know a thread was going to be made here since its for premium members only! In any case, I'm going to be one of those that's gonna watch the Bombcast since I've been waiting for this for a while. Looking fantastic.

Dont know how often I'll actually listen to this live. Jason especially is just way too quiet and I assume something like that would be sorted out for the actual Bombcast.

Wigdogger

He definitely said something like "It's like if No Mans Sky had a lot more going on, but we'll talk about that later"

He was praising Starbound

I just listened, and it's at 45:20 or so. Jeff says: "What if No Man's Sky was a 2D game and had a lot more going on?" And Brad says: "Too soon." Then Jeff says: "We'll see." He said it super casually.

Having listened to these guys forever, that's just Jeff spitballing on the game. He hasn't played it. He was saying that at previous E3s.

It's fully possible that NMS could have these problems, but it was a throwaway jab at the game. Brad was saying "Too soon" because the game isn't out for a while and it's impossible to judge.

Also, a 2D game is always going to have a bigger possibility space.

Hasney

Drew Cam!

Flicking back to camera at the other end of the table it makes it look like Jeff, Dan and Brad are just staring at us.

Nachos

How is this possible? I thought everyone under 40 knew how to type.
Had a computer ever since I was six, but I've never learned how to type properly. There were never any classes offered. It's something I've been meaning to learn, but for right now, my pecking's sixteen years strong. I'm sure growing up in the boonies also had something to do with it.

TraBuch

Banned
No Man's Sky needs bosses like Terraria. So does Minecraft. And every one of those types of games. Basically, Terraria's the best.

Had a computer ever since I was six, but I've never learned how to type properly. There were never any classes offered. It's something I've been meaning to learn, but for right now, my pecking's sixteen years strong. I'm sure growing up in the boonies also had something to do with it.

I have a legit writing-code-for-a-living-and-getting-paid-for-it-and-stuff job and I still basically hunt and peck at idiot savant levels. I mean, I kind of use four fingers now instead of two and I don't actually need to look at the keyboard really, but I don't do the whole "put your fingers on the home row and figure out what finger to use to hit the key you want" stuff.

I WONDER HOW LONG THIS BREAK WILL BE. Also, it'd be kind of hilarious if they started doing the ad reads live again, like they did for that one end-of-year livestream with just Jeff and Rorie.

I just listened, and it's at 45:20 or so. Jeff says: "What if No Man's Sky was a 2D game and had a lot more going on?" And Brad says: "Too soon." Then Jeff says: "We'll see." He said it super casually.

Having listened to these guys forever, that's just Jeff spitballing on the game. He hasn't played it. He was saying that at previous E3s.

It's fully possible that NMS could have these problems, but it was a throwaway jab at the game. Brad was saying "Too soon" because the game isn't out for a while and it's impossible to judge.

Also, a 2D game is always going to have a bigger possibility space.

Is it possible that the GB crew have played it recently; No Man's Sky is a good deal more empty and boring than anticipated/desired and Brad's comment of "Too soon." means that they only played it recently and the disappointment is still too fresh?

Is it possible that the GB crew have played it recently; No Man's Sky is a good deal more empty and boring than anticipated/desired and Brad's comment of "Too soon." means that they only played it recently and the disappointment is still too fresh?

There's also a good chance with the game gone gold reviewers might have started getting copies

Wigdogger

There's also a good chance with the game gone gold reviewers might have started getting copies

Again, based on the tone of how they said it, I highly doubt it. Jeff said "We'll see" in a diplomatic way. He wasn't being totally dismissive and leading, like they do with stuff when they're like: "Wait for the review."

The game could very well have problems, but I think it's just Jeff projecting on his perception of the game, which he's shared before.

Top Bottom