• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast Live - 08/02/16 - Episode 441

daydream

Banned
gbsmhtr_gifzfskl.gif

Episode 441: Mr. Eyeballs' Booger Sugar - Date: 08/02/2016 - Duration:
02:21:49
- Download - Video Archive

GameSpot's own Peter Brown pops in to chat about Abzu, Rimworld, life on the flea market circuit, Final Fantasy Tactics preservation, No Man's Sky's no-show, Rocket League in Overwatch, Vita homebrew, the future of Advance Wars, and Game of the Game of the Year.
gbsmhtr_castpnuix.png

gbsmhtr_250px_bradqmuue.png
gbsmhtr_250px_drew5tuhb.png
gbsmhtr_250px_danv8ufx.png
gbsmhtr_250px_peteriiaz5.png

daydream

Banned
thread's up late, my bad. you can always discuss it in the gb thread if that's the case (link, as always, in the op)

will be updated for the archives, of course

Kerned

Banned
I'm not sure how feasible it is for them, but it would be cool if they could leave the live podcast feed up for premium members at until the archive goes up (or at least until the audio version is released). I joined quite a bit late, was catching up, and got booted out when the chat was shut down.

AdamMPSP

Don't know if you guys are following the Dan AMA, but on the Giant Bomb forums some fans figured out that his AMA image has amiibo laid out in an order to spell GBNYC and some change that points to 8/5.

why do people think Dan is leaving? I thought that UPF thing was just a fun little skit.

It clearly was, you can see everyone clearly setting it up throughout the video.

Jason's mock rage, Drew conveniently leaving before the fight to start the pre-recorded video, Jeff assuming the "Vince McMahon" role, and Brad unable to contain his laughter when Dan makes his leave.

No clue how this has snowballed into a serious thing.

ArjanN

It clearly was, you can see everyone clearly setting it up throughout the video.

Jason's mock rage, Drew conveniently leaving before the fight to start the pre-recorded video, Jeff assuming the "Vince McMahon" role, and Brad unable to contain his laughter when Dan makes his leave.

Well, no duh it was a skit, people just think it might be playing off something real.

Dan is going to NYC, GBEast. Leaving Friday. There's a code in his AMA pic.

As I predicted. Now for Danny to joint GBWest.

I don't think Dan is leaving Giant Bomb, but he could be leaving SF. His girlfriend is from NJ and they went there recently, so maybe they're moving to be closer to her family or whatever. I suspect he would just commute to GBE like Vinny does. That's why all of the wording around it has been not that he has to leave the site, but that he has to leave town

elfinke

Don't know if you guys are following the Dan AMA, but on the Giant Bomb forums some fans figured out that his AMA image has amiibo laid out in an order to spell GBNYC and some change that points to 8/5.

Very cool (both the deconstruction of the hints, and the subject matter).

GBEAST is becoming a haven for bald-headed folk. No room for luscious, Pantene-haired individuals.

Was this last weeks UPF?

It is Dan, the guy that is famous for trolling people. I wouldn't be surprised if he did move (a bit sad maybe) but you can't trust the guy. Like at all.

Xeteh

Did they ever mention what the deal was with Dan?

Nope.

I'm hoping its him doing something stupid and not him leaving the site. Dan kind of infuriates me at points but I love the guy, if he leaves GB I'll be super bummed.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Oh man, Dan leaving for the Beast. That's... damn dude. Shakeups like this are always kinda sad, even if he ain't actually leaving leaving.

EDIT: OH FUCK, WHAT HAPPENS TO MARIO PARTY PARTY?! So they're most certainly going to do these live, right? RIGHT?!

FFT talked about on the Bombcast; what a time to be alive.

Oh man, Dan leaving for the Beast. That's... damn dude. Shakeups like this are always kinda sad, even if he ain't actually leaving leaving.

EDIT: OH FUCK, WHAT HAPPENS TO MARIO PARTY PARTY?! So they're most certainly going to do these live, right? RIGHT?!

Jeff drew and brad call this "freedom".

Volotaire

Timestamps from Don Abbade on YouTube:

INTRO & RANDOM STUFF 00:00

GAMES
ABZÛ 06:10
FINAL FANTASY TATICS 12:04
RETRO GAMES 21:00
SEVERED 29:20
WORMS WMD 35:10
OVERCOOKED 38:30
WE HAPPY FEW 39:30
RIMWORLD 45:00
ULTIMATE ALIANCE REMASTERS 51:30
TELLTALE'S BATMAN 57:20
HEADLANDER 01:00:00

NEWS 01:03:27
NO MAN'S SKY 01:04:00
VITA EMULATORS 01:10:40
XBOX ONE S 01:16:30
>many digressions<
FAN-MADE BATTLEFRONT 01:26:00
KIRA-KIRA 01:29:30
OVERWATCH NEW SKINS AND BRAWL 01:35:40

EMAILS 01:41:00&#65279;
Show less

Mupod

man I did the flea market thing last year a lot. People who set their prices off ebay are the worst. No motherfucker I am not paying 800 dollars for your beat up steel battalion box.

still got some good deals. Two genesis model 1s in great shape, an N64 with an expansion pak, bunch of games. 25 for a CDX is insane though, jelly as hell.

Anyways they were comparing Waverace and Hydro Thunder, but outside of being water racing games they are REALLY different. To me Hydro Thunder is all about the crazy shortcut ridden theme park-like tracks, which are usually either one line straight to the end or laps that change dramatically each time around. I legitimately don't understand how you'd like the old game and hate Hurricane though. I'll have to look into this Riptide game they mentioned.

Sad to see Dan go. I thought he was an inspired choice to fit in the GB crew. GBeast has a spot to fill though.

I hope GB can surprise me again with another great choice to fill Dan's boots but I'm not so sure. I don't think it would work to have a generic hipster dude get the gig still fresh off the SF conveyor belt.

Big Brett

First episode I've listened to in quite a long time. Dan has rubbed me the wrong way, but I enjoyed it a lot. Peter Brown's retro talk was pretty interesting too. I've been listening to CU Podcast on and off and thus have become much more interested in retro collecting. Not to the point of collecting myself, but learning about it is fun.

Top Bottom