• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast Live - 08/23/16 - Episode 444

I missed that segment. Does she dislike all of the DW games, which is fine, or like DW but hate HW, which seems crazy?

She seems to like some of the other musuo games, they were mainly talking about the new attack on titan game. She said something like it was a terrible story for the Zelda universe.

ArjanN

Yup...

No doubt some people went too far, but apparently compiling things the developer's claimed is a witch hunt? Always annoying when the enthusiast press feel the need to use defensive language on a dev's behalf as their initial stance, then discuss from there.

As someone not in the enthusiast press, a lot of the negativity around NMS comes across pretty circle-jerky and overly dramatic to me.

hamchan

Good to see more guests appearing on the bombcast, perhaps by necessity with Dan gone, but it did feel like it was one guest bombcast per year for the past few years.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea what that is in reference to as I haven't listened to the podcast yet. It doesn't matter, because it's amazing even by itself.
Video.jpg

Who needs a reference?

Forkball

I liked how they talked about the Olympics for fifteen straight minutes and almost forgot the Prime Mister of Japan popped out of a pipe as Mario, the most video game ass thing to ever happen.

Curufinwe

I'm not sure what Drew was doing, but you could watch any sport you wanted live thru the NBC app. That's how, for example, I saw the women's pole vault finals. On the east coast NBC only showed parts of them in between live track races that were happening at the same time.

KingKong

I liked how they talked about the Olympics for fifteen straight minutes and almost forgot the Prime Mister of Japan popped out of a pipe as Mario, the most video game ass thing to ever happen.

really enjoyed the part where Jeff talks about how he doesn't care about a popular event. Fascinating stuff as always

FStop7

Banned
Things I learned in this thread:

Capcom is on the brink of going bankrupt
Nobody watches the Olympics
Pointing out specific things in a complaint is a witch hunt

Volotaire

Usual timestamps from YouTube poster Abbade
INTRO & OLYMPICS: 00:00

GAMES
Deus Ex 9:20
Bound 46:00
King of Fighters 49:30
Animes 01:00:00
Titanfall 2 01:15:00
X-Plain 01:25:00

NEWS 01:37:40

eot

Banned
The fact that GitS is such a slow movie is also what makes it great. It's more about mood than plot.

Nobody watches the Olympics

NBC's want to delay Olympic broadcasts by 5 hours so they can do network editing always irked me, especially Rio's.

They put Water Polo on at 2 AM, I don't have the schedule for that shit.

At this point I'm sure more people saw Mario at the closing ceremonies than they did the actual olympics ; ^ )

They were talking about bringing back other SNK Fighters and mentioned Samurai Shodown.

That'll get people's heads turning, but you know what'll really get people's heads turning?

Guest fighter: Genji.

I thought about it this afternoon and I'm surprised at how much I want this to happen.

kiguel182

The olympics talk was a bit dumb. I mean, it's one of the biggest (if not the biggest) sporting events in the world. "who watches it?" is a dumb thing to say.

Like, I get not being interested but it's not a fringe thing.

That 2 Live Crew reference

I do like anime manga from the 80 early 90s, after that the style shifted towards more cheesy, kawaii jpop and too much of modern culture. You see it seep in FFX and so on. FF13/15 are this in full effect.

Hasney

The olympics talk was a bit dumb. I mean, it's one of the biggest (if not the biggest) sporting events in the world. "who watches it?" is a dumb thing to say.

Like, I get not being interested but it's not a fringe thing.

The ratings in the US were apparently not good.

Top Bottom