• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Global Starcraft II League (GSL) March 2011 - Code S FINALS

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
TeamLiquid Thread
NeoGAF March GSL Thread
Uaadg.jpg

Banner by disciple

The Prize:
Champion ₩50,000,000 $44,480
Runner-up ₩20,000,000 $17,790

~5 hours from this post
Friday, Mar 18 11:00pm PDT (GMT-07:00)
11PM PST, 1AM CENTRAL, 2AM EST
Code S Finals

Where to watch:
http://www.gomtv.net/2011gslsponsors2/live/

*Note: To catch up with the GOMTV stream it may be necessary to hit 'C' to speed up the stream, then use 'X' or 'Z' to slow it back down to 1.0x speed.
> Download GOM Player 2.1.28.5039 (6.93 MB)

The low quality stream is free to all viewers if you can get into a 'slot'. sometimes these will fill and additional people can not connect to the stream. In the event this happens please keep trying, but until you can connect try a restream.
HQ and VOD's (Video on Demand - Past Matches) access are purchased through the GOMTV website. Game 1 of every match will be posted on GOMTV.net for free.

Buy the Premium Service

Hype vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSyA1BIVs08

Maps:
Set 1: (P)oGsMC < Metalopolis > (Z)ST.July
Set 2: (P)oGsMC < Crevasse > (Z)ST.July
Set 3: (P)oGsMC < Terminus RE > (Z)ST.July
Set 4: (P)oGsMC < Crossfire SE > (Z)ST.July
Set 5: (P)oGsMC < Shakuras Plateau > (Z)ST.July
Set 6: (P)oGsMC < Scrap Station > (Z)ST.July
Set 7: (P)oGsMC < Xel'Naga Caverns > (Z)ST.July

1ceac.jpg

vs.
vU72O.jpg

Mairu

I hope after MC wins these finals and then another finals July has to give him his golden mouse.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MC

woober

ChronicleX said:
I am just glad there is finally a finals without a Terran in it, only took 5 seasons. Go Balance!

Well, to be fair, even though Terrans made it to the finals, they actually only won once. And it was a TvT. lol

Striek

I don't have care who wins, I just want exciting matches. I wouldn't be shocked if we see a lot of banelings from July which would be cool.

The TL thread seems to indicate the map pool has been very even for PvZ this season of GSL which is surprising, just hope its cross-spawns on metalopolis.

Only worry is that they're both so aggressive that we wont see any epic macro games.

I'm a fan of July and quite a loyal zerg, but I think MC is gonna destroy him. July makes some horrible decisions at times, I just don't see that working against a supreme protoss player.

IsayFever

Zen said:
Why did they decrease the prize pool this year? Not enough money coming in?

These are the league tourneys, not the open tourneys like last year. So the prize pool is lower since they have salary from being in Code A / Code S

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm thinking 4-2 as well.
Basically GSL showed a random oGsMC clip where he went Dojo style to challenge fOu by himself.

4N51d.jpg

vs.

DpwIV.jpg

PoVcA.jpg

wVF1r.jpg

neC8P.jpg

pSV8t.jpg

UzzFs.jpg

LQuX9.jpg

PEW46.jpg

Mcqpm.jpg

mlZY2.jpg

5Nssc.jpg

DMgTg.jpg

43KGI.jpg

WeVcg.jpg

evt38.jpg

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
That is probably the greatest thing I have ever seen. I approve of MC becoming a dream killing machine.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Jigsaw said:
i never even played starcraft or starcraft 2,but i love watching these pro games,can't wait

I haven't played a ladder game of starcraft 2 in months but I still appreciate the competitive matches too

Mairu

get some sweet stats into that topic

MC's PvZ:

3-3 (50%)

July's ZvP:

8-6 (57%)

MC's 3 PvZ wins are against July, 2 from GSL S3 & 1 from group stage in this season :D

NeoCross

Mairu said:
get some sweet stats into that topic

MC's PvZ:

3-3 (50%)

July's ZvP:

8-6 (57%)

MC's 3 PvZ wins are against July, 2 from GSL S3 & 1 from group stage in this season :D
And overall MC is 8-2 vs. Z. 3 wins from july, 3 from NesTea and 2 from Fruitdealer. His 2 losses are from Nestea.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Pretty pumped for the Finals. I am going to MC to win this.

I hope though that it isn't a curb stomping like MC gave to July earlier in the GSL 5.

Vaporak

I wish I could watch this live but I've got soooo much studying to do. Thank god I bought the season ticket though.

Zzoram

July's Broodwar background means he's going to open with a 6pool. MC also having a Broodwar background means he's not going to lose to it.

Hopefully MC doesn't 4-0 him.

Chris R

Want July to win, but don't think he is quite there. Depends on how out of the box he plays.

MC 4-1

edit: did the GomTV GreaseMonkey script ever get updated? I don't want to have to turn my PC back on to watch this :( The URL the script gives me doesn't open in VLC now though.

Hazaro said:
GOM has been clamping hard, but I'm sure some will popup today for our friendly mac users :)

As much as I love my Mac (and linux) platforms, I still miss windows if only for the windows only programs. Otherwise, I would have downloaded the gomplayer a long time ago.

Biff

Ummm... Is everyone else seeing a music video with a girl singing now?

This is my first live finals ever so I'm wondering if I clicked a wrong button or something :S

ChefRamsay said:

This is my first live finals ever so I'm wondering if I clicked a wrong button or something :S
Games won't actually start for another hour I believe (?). Music videos, mom interviews, and other pre-show until then.

ChefRamsay said:

Yup. The stream goes up 30 mins or so before stuff starts (as always) and during them 30 mins, we get random Korean TV. Finals should be starting around now or in an hour (it depends if the koreans clocks changed recently or not).

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
ChefRamsay said:

Yep, you're at the right place. They play kpop.

Top Bottom