• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Global Starcraft II League (GSL) March 2011 - Code S FINALS

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
kayos90 said:
MC's 4 warpgate rush can suck it. He did this for basically all the games. I hate him so much
Don't hate the player. Hate the fact that the ramp can be blocked by 1 FF.

Striek

Wow July was within 90% of holding that even after scouting the nexus still warping in at 80%... he is crazy good. Any other protoss would've lost that push.

Hazaro said:
Don't hate the player. Hate the fact that the ramp can be blocked by 1 FF.
Blame blizzard for balancing protoss' ability to survive the early game around been able to FF once and hold off aggression.

Totakeke

Mister Wilhelm said:
NEVER assume that building is going up. Keep scouting until it's out.

That wasn't really the issue though. Even assuming if he did, you probably would save like... 3 seconds at most?

Keikaku

kayos90 said:
MC's 4 warpgate rush can suck it. He did this for basically all the games. I hate him so much

The hell he did. He played really well for all of his games. Dude, I play Zerg but I can appreciate the fact that he's a really solid player.

Zzoram

If July got his main base units out 1 or 2 forcefields sooner, he could've held it.

The reason a fake nexus works is because Zerg can't check your probe count. MC stopped making probes soon after main base saturation, a clear signal of 4 warp gate rush if it is spotted. Seeing a nexus, you assume they kept making probes and therefore couldn't make as many units.

They really, really need to reduce Spine Crawler build time. July started 2 spines the moment MC moved out, cross positions on the map, and they still didn't finish by the time MC got there.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Mister Wilhelm said:
NEVER assume that building is going up. Keep scouting until it's out.
he didnt assume it, he knew it was canceled and went all units and still lost because trololol built more than 20 drones.

calder

"only have time for a numer one, no number two's, so see you right back"

Yeah I think we have to move the over/under on Tasteless' pregame beers to 5.

Striek

Pandaman said:
he didnt assume it, he knew it was canceled and went all units and still lost because trololol built more than 20 drones.
Or he teched to lair+evo way too fast/greedily.

Zzoram said:
If July got his main base units out 1 or 2 forcefields sooner, he could've held it.

He would have held it easily with the amount of units he had and the amount he was producing. Basically it is all about protoss forcefield, you do it wrong, you get annihilated by zerg numbers.

calder

Feep said:
I would be so down for a Los Angeles Starcraft GSL Finals party

LET'S DO THIS

I'd love to go to a GSL party, now I'm mad there isn't one in my town. And who knew Diggity had a pizza place? :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Striek said:
Or he teched to lair+evo way too fast/greedily.
he didnt use the evo and the lair was a normal timing. [infact, he was even holding off on gas to be extra defensive]

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
calder said:
I'd love to go to a GSL party, now I'm mad there isn't one in my town. And who knew Diggity had a pizza place? :lol
Joe's Pizza has been a place for SC nerds to crash and watch MSL/OSL Finals and such for a long long time.

Aaron

F#A#Oo said:
Blizzard needs to do something about this ff the ramp bs...
It's about the only map in the pool he could do that with one forcefield. Metal is becoming a relic as the original maps are replaced for ones more suited to pro gaming.

Pandaman said:

I don't know if July knew it was cancelled. Fact is he started producing massive quantities when he saw MC pull out with the army (that is the point where he will have a lower zerg count than Protoss at the zerg natural). He could have held it nonetheless, but forcefield was too strong.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
"That was the sickest rush"

WBHAHUAHWHAWHAHWAHWHAWHAWHAHW

F#A#Oo

Banned
Aaron said:
It's about the only map in the pool he could do that with one forcefield. Metal is becoming a relic as the original maps are replaced for ones more suited to pro gaming.

Metal is a really nice map...I wouldn't wanna see it go.

Striek

Well you guys are the zerg players but I rarely ever see zergs go lair before 30 drones.

Edit: 6gate, goddamn it MC ..

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SHOW ME DAT NEW STYLE

Yoshichan

Won

Remember when Blizzard nerfed Sentry damage, so people can't mass them up too easily and win? Yeah......

But then there is a Nexus, so go MC!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Striek said:
Well you guys are the zerg players but I rarely ever see zergs go lair before 30 drones.

Edit: 6gate, goddamn it MC ..
and this is why you need lair and burrow earlier. >_>

Yoshichan

fuck this im off to bed

Top Bottom