• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

Emitan

Sethos said:
So you think an online echosystem should just allow completely modified games to access the service and online, it's changing core files, it'd be stupid not to deactivate.
Well it's sure a good thing Microsoft "solved" the "modding problem". All those horrible mods RUINING games by adding in extra content and such.

Sethos

Banned
RS4- said:
Having a weird issue; reinstalled and patched to 1.0.4.0; pasted icenhancer 1.2 into the directory, changed some values (like enabling AA, the tree settings Sethos had a few pages back) and now my resolution is stuck at something like 33__ x 1152 (or somethings 18__)

If I add the -width 1920 -height 1080 to the command line properties, it sort of fixes things..it's still screwed up and I can't change the resolution in game or even at the main menu

You didn't use anything from Dpeseant's config, right? I just had that EXACT use trying out Dpeasants config, crazy resolution, mega zoom when starting the game etc.

Billychu said:
Well it's sure a good thing Microsoft "solved" the "modding problem". All those horrible mods RUINING games by adding in extra content and such.

They did solve you, need need to add a mod that disables Live to even use them, hence they are blocked from the online system. Something that changes core files ( No, a live service can't distinguish between a cheat or a graphical change ) shouldn't be allowed into online servers with other vanilla players.

Sethos said:
Just for a laugh and some contrast to all the pictures in the thread, GTA IV vanilla on 1.0.4.0 with no AA.

So you think an online echosystem should just allow completely modified games to access the service and online, it's changing core files, it'd be stupid not to deactivate.

Wut? Steam allows it, why the fuck wouldn't GFWL be supposed to.

sammich

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT IS INSANE is all i have to say.. my god. I hate games like this but i will buy it and mod it just to drive around and be amazed. I swear if my GF saw me playing this she would ask me what movie i was watching. Hope it runs decent on my old q6600 and 6870. These guys should be given jobs at some companies out there as this is better than most of the crap that gets put out there. My mind is blown at the dedication and quality.

Sethos

Banned
SneakyStephan said:
Wut? Steam allows it, why the fuck wouldn't GFWL be supposed to.

The game is GFWL, you play online through that? Steam isn't offering GTA IV servers or matchmaking.

DCX

DCX
Did anyone post min specs on this mod? Is this just for show or can you play the game in this superior state?

DCX

sammich said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT IS INSANE is all i have to say.. my god. I hate games like this but i will buy it and mod it just to drive around and be amazed. I swear if my GF saw me playing this she would ask me what movie i was watching. Hope it runs decent on my old q6600 and 6870. These guys should be given jobs at some companies out there as this is better than most of the crap that gets put out there. My mind is blown at the dedication and quality.

My mom asked my brother what movie we were watching when he was playing uncharted 1 and there were a lot of cutscenes. (granted it was on a crt tv where the game looks pretty decent).

She has gotten glasses since, and is doing a lot better now.

Sethos said:
The game is GFWL, you play online through that? Steam isn't offering GTA IV servers or matchmaking.

So you're arguing that matchmaking is shit (which it is).
Every other online pc game worth it's salt has allowed modding , using the server browser and playing on servers that also had the mod installed.

This is going to come across as incredibly offensive, but are you new to pc gaming?
Why the hell are you defending this shit.
There is no need for any "service" (note the quotes) to ever block out your ability to mod a game.

Guys should I buy the Steam version or from Direct2Drive?

I can't use this with the Steam version right?

Mods mostly work only with version 1.0.4.0 or so it seems right... so having the Steam version is overall just bad it seems is that right? So from where I stand getting Direct2Drive is best option yeah?

RS4-

Sethos said:
You didn't use anything from Dpeseant's config, right? I just had that EXACT use trying out Dpeasants config, crazy resolution, mega zoom when starting the game etc.

Yeah didn't use that; kind of odd since I didn't have any weird problems when I had 1.0.7.0 patch with enhancer.

oiMO5.jpg

mr_nothin

Banned
RS4- said:
Having a weird issue; reinstalled and patched to 1.0.4.0; pasted icenhancer 1.2 into the directory, changed some values (like enabling AA, the tree settings Sethos had a few pages back) and now my resolution is stuck at something like 33__ x 1152 (or somethings 18__)

If I add the -width 1920 -height 1080 to the command line properties, it sort of fixes things..it's still screwed up and I can't change the resolution in game or even at the main menu
It's supposed to be like that. That's just the way ENB does supersampling for AA. Just hit enter when you get to the main menu. Take the width/height adjustments out of commandline.

REPOST FOR NEW PAGE:

Washed out/Blown out look problem:
It's because you dont have xliveless which has anti-mod preventions built in. Get xliveless from here and copy to the GTA IV directory. Just plop it in there.
http://public.sannybuilder.com/GTA4/xliveless-0.999b7.rar

SuperSampling AA in GTAIV (Or WHY IS MY SCREEN SO BIG):
For those of you saying BULLSHOTS and you have icenhancer's (or Fonia5/dpeasant) config...I suggest that you go into the iceconfig.ini (enbseries.ini for dpeasant) file and change this line to true like so:
ForceAntialiasing=true
That enables supersampling so you can get the nice downsampled look in the screens posted above. Beware that it makes the intro and the main menu super huge to the point where you cant see anything. All you have to do is just press enter when you get to the main menu and it'll start the game.

"AntialiasingUpScale=" adjusts how much supersampling is applied. A value of "1.00" means the game is rendering the scene at double your current resolution and downsampling from there. A value of "0.87" is a nice middle ground. Some of you that have dpeasant's config...you need to change it from "1.0" to "0.86", that's why its running like dog shit.

Adjusting Sharpening Filter
For those of you that dont like the oversharpened look:
Open the option.txt file and adjust this line
float SharpeningAmount=20;
Default is 20. Lower it to lower amount of sharpening.

Sethos

Banned
ColonialRaptor said:
Guys should I buy the Steam version or from Direct2Drive?

I can't use this with the Steam version right?

Mods mostly work only with version 1.0.4.0 or so it seems right... so having the Steam version is overall just bad it seems is that right? So from where I stand getting Direct2Drive is best option yeah?

I was almost buying the D2D version when I noticed something, there's only two DD patches available, 1.0.0.4 and 1.0.7.0. If you patch it with an official patch, it'll override the .exe and start asking for the DVD, so you need these DD patches.

Sethos said:
I was almost buying the D2D version when I noticed something, there's only two DD patches available, 1.0.0.4 and 1.0.7.0. If you patch it with an official patch, it'll override the .exe and start asking for the DVD, so you need these DD patches.

Oh shit... so I'm basically screwed into Steam then?

I suppose I can wait and screw around with other ENB mods until then and there is still apparently a way to make this one work with 1.0.7.0 in SOME ways...

What's the deal with various other mods working with 1.0.7.0?

Is the retail version the best option here? I'm probably not going to be able to get the game downloaded real fast tonight anyway... should I just go out and buy it at retail? I'd prefer steam... gad damn how frustrating lol.

RS4-

mr_nothin said:
It's supposed to be like that. That's just the way ENB does supersampling for AA. Just hit enter when you get to the main menu. Take the width/height adjustments out of commandline.

Not sure I'm understanding this correctly :|

I did put the AA setting back to false and I'm back to being able to change resolutions though.

Which high res textures pack are you guys using? Ultimate Textures is only 4GBs or so, while Better City Textures is a whopping 7 something GBs.

mr_nothin

Banned
RS4- said:
Not sure I'm understanding this correctly :|

I did put the AA setting back to false and I'm back to being able to change resolutions though.

Which high res textures pack are you guys using? Ultimate Textures is only 4GBs or so, while Better City Textures is a whopping 7 something GBs.
When you put forceantialiasing to true...it renders the game at a resolution(3340x1879 which is what you're getting) that's higher than whats being displayed (1920x1080 which is what you want). It then takes the higher resolution scene and downsamples it to 1920x1080. That gives you your AA. The problem with this is, is that it doesnt scale the main menu/option screen to 1920x1080...it keeps it at 3340x1879. Once you're in the game, it will render correctly. You just have to press ENTER when the main menu comes up and the game will start.

It's basically bullshots in motion.

xemumanic

Billychu said:

Your snarky response aside, Sethos makes a good point. Why should GFWL just allow completely modified games to access the service and online? Its actually Rockstar's fault for not having mod support in the first place. If they did, then this wouldn't be an issue. They're even tweeting screenshots of how great the mods look, to get more sales, but they don't mention they don't actually support mods.

RS4-

mr_nothin said:
When you put forceantialiasing to true...it renders the game at a resolution(3340x1879 which is what you're getting) that's higher than whats being displayed (1920x1080 which is what you want). It then takes the higher resolution scene and downsamples it to 1920x1080. That gives you your AA. The problem with this is, is that it doesnt scale the main menu/option screen to 1920x1080...it keeps it at 3340x1879. Once you're in the game, it will render correctly. You just have to press ENTER when the main menu comes up and the game will start.

It's basically bullshots in motion.

Oh ok, now that I understand lol. When you said enter, I thought it was meant for something else.

Thanks!

Going to see how much of a hit I'll be taking to FPS with and without AA

iNvid02

my game keeps getting the "stopped working" error message. can someone tell me if im doing this right?

1. retail gta iv with 1.0.4 patch
2. copy over better city textures
3. copy over enb 0.79 sora
4. copy over icenhancer 1.2

?? i cant start the game though

So asking which version people recommend me to buy doesn't seem to be working...

Which version is everyone using?

Retail? Steam? Where did YOU buy your version of the game from if you're using this or other mods?

Sethos

Banned
iNvidious01 said:
my game keeps getting the "stopped working" error message. can someone tell me if im doing this right?

Well, no. iCEnhancer contains all the files you need, you don't need anything enb.

ColonialRaptor said:
So asking which version people recommend me to buy doesn't seem to be working...

Retail? Steam? Where did YOU buy your version of the game from if you're using this or other mods?

Ordered a cheap retail version online, as much as it pains me, it's much easier.

mr_nothin

Banned
ColonialRaptor said:

Retail
DD versions have problems with the mods. Dont go for steam version.
iNvidious01 said:

icenhancer 1.2 already has ENB built into it. No need to copy over enb .79...that's the wrong version anyways. Take out step #3

RS4- said:
Oh ok, now that I understand lol. When you said enter, I thought it was meant for something else.

Thanks!

Going to see how much of a hit I'll be taking to FPS with and without AA
You're welcome.
But there's a problem that I just discovered. If you set forceantialiasing to true then everything becomes blurry. This happens because the dynamic DoF uses the center of the screen to focus but that's messed up because the game is actually rendering at 3300x1800 so the center of the screen is different than what you're seeing at 1920x1080. Basically, the dynamic DoF is focusing at the wrong part of the screen because of the resolution differences. So if you have icenhancer then dont enable forceantialiasing (which sucks).

I need to figure out how to adjust the DoF so I can play with AA on.

iNvid02

Sethos said:
Well, no. iCEnhancer contains all the files you need, you don't need anything enb.

mr_nothin said:
icenhancer 1.2 already has ENB built into it. No need to copy over enb .79...that's the wrong version anyways. Take out step #3

ok, i'll be back

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Fuck meeee, the screenshot above me looks soooo great holy shit

Can't wait how games will look in 5 years time :D

Coldsnap

Sethos said:
... Dammit man, thread might be long but the question is even answered on this page.

Sorry man, I've been reading every reply. There has been like no information on how to mod.

CPCunha

You want to know what would be fun? If any of you guys running the mods would switch em off, take a screenshot, switch 'em on again and take the same screenshot and post 'em for comparison!

...make me buy the damn thing.
<3

Van Buren

iNvidious01 said:

Do you have any screen monitoring software like evga precision, etc. running ? Enb works okay with fraps, but seems to have issues with other monitoring software.

mr_nothin said:
But there's a problem that I just discovered. If you set forceantialiasing to true then everything becomes blurry.
I don't know if yours is the same issue, but a few users over at the GTA forums solved the blurred graphics problem by disabling fxaa and enabling just supersampling. Enabling both at once is supposed to cause blurry graphics, I've been led to believe.

iNvid02

Van Buren said:
Do you have any screen monitoring software like evga precision, etc. running ? Enb works okay with fraps, but seems to have issues with other monitoring software.

I don't know if yours is the same issue, but a few users over at the GTA forums solved the blurred graphics problem by disabling fxaa and enabling just supersampling. Enabling both at once is supposed to cause blurry graphics, I've been led to believe.

yes msi afterburner was running all the time, i'll try disabling it. although i've already uninstalled gta iv, will resintall later and try with afterburner off

UrbanRats

ColonialRaptor said:

I'd wait for Icenhancer 1.2.5. to come out.
that should work great on steam ver. too.

Dabanton

I think it's time for the OP to be changed so people just coming in can get all the relevant info would save a lots of trouble.

I'd love to see 3 Leaf Clover benchmarks with this mod installed...That should pretty much answer the question which rigs can actually play with this on and which can't...

RedSwirl

Dabanton said:
I think it's time for the OP to be changed so people just coming in can get all the relevant info would save a lots of trouble.

Yes please. I'm just waiting until I can get a comprehensive guide on how to mod the Steam version, how to avoid problems, and benchmarking.

I still havne't gotten an idea of how this might run on a 1GB HD 6850.

fokkusu said:
http://i.imgur.com/IxFzQ.png[IMG]

What rig runs this? I have i5-2500k and 6950 2GB, is it enough?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://h4.abload.de/img/knives_chau_amazingoq35.gif
whoa, amazing... too bad my rig wont take that even at low resolutions.

RS4-

Damn, the ultimate vehicles pack crashes my game when it tries to load. Going to try it without save files and see what happens.

Good thing there's an uninstaller for it

edit - hrm, still crashes even after removing save files

IMACOMPUTA

Orellio said:
No cause the Steam version is already updated past the version needed for these mods. You can't roll back versions like that unfortunately.

You can roll back your gta iv install. I've done it. you just install the old patch and the old rssc.

Loomer

Looks fantastic, shame the ENB versions of other games aren't nearly as advancedb as the GTA IV ones.

I'll definitely try it out when I upgrade my rig though.

J@hranimo

Banned
I honestly thought this was a joke thread because it looks too much like reality.

Having trouble distinguishing real life and in game >_<

Top Bottom