• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new map is hard. What the fuck. The layout:

randomlines1.gif

It's very different though. Tangled Depths, in the caverns of Southsun with a bit of Ember bay. Doesn't look like a location I've seen in other games.

Wanderer5

Yeah the new map could use another WP least. Also lol I saw someone detailing the leak in chat, and getting piss at "haters" for not wanting to read the leak; that it is not a leak, cause the dev said it was okay.

did you plan this joke?

Most certainly not.XD

Massicot

Yeah the new map could use another WP least. Also lol I saw someone detailing the leak in chat, and getting piss at "haters" for not wanting to read the leak; that it is not a leak, cause the dev said it was okay.

Most certainly not.XD

Pretty stupid logic.

Mono

I want to try out that Oakheart Spiderman mastery so bad, but I've barely done anything on that mastery track yet.

The updates keep getting better IMO, but I think Ember Bay was still my favorite of the new zones. This one's pretty sick though.

Auraela

Banned
Im struggling with story content in hot on ky warrior getting downed alot. I think i might just go make a ranger more playstyle too. Loved ranger in gw1

The wings when you first draw your weapon are kind of cool at least. I'm glad they go away though.

Im struggling with story content in hot on ky warrior getting downed alot. I think i might just go make a ranger more playstyle too. Loved ranger in gw1

The Defense traitline helps Warrior a lot if you aren't currently using it. Adrenal Health and Cleansing Ire are both invaluable in HoT maps.

Spyware

I was doing the Verdant Brink big event and saw someone in map chat say
"Please use CC on Matriarch whe he's about to fly off"
And just said "...he".
Someone else said "lol it's a mommy dragon!"
And I said "Yeah it's even in the name! :D"
Then some others, three or four, also said that Matriarch is a she and so on.
The first person got really mad and said "the MOB, don't try to be smart" among other things.
"Well, the mob in question is a she, not a he" I answered.
"No I said THE mob, stop trying to be funny."
And I simply said "then maybe you should say 'it', because however you see it, 'it' is not a he" and then everything was quite for a while as we finished the map.

After the fighting was over I got a whisper:
"I've never seen a smartass like you in map chat. Congratulations. I hope you get cancer. Welcome to the ignore list."
I almost fell off my chair laughing. I've never gotten anything like that before! :O

I correct genders quite often because it's a pet peeve of mine that everything is called "he". :/
I know I was being a little obnoxious but the person could simply have said "oh I meant she" or whatever and dropped it, or not responded at all.

Our guild finally beat the Deimos Challenge Mote tonight, finishing off the last of the Bastion of the Penitent raid achievements.

ZD6SJMv.jpg

From this picture, Tiove (Shizune), Spooky Goasts (docbon), Sabaryn (appletoasty), Zorja (Quenk), Oakley (Ronfaure), Bigby (Tech-Wolf), and Brynn (myself) all originally met through GAFGuild, so it's nice to still be facing the hardest challenges together.

There's barely a dozen of us left who were there from the very first days of raiding, but I'm proud of all the things we've managed to accomplish.

Our guild finally beat the Deimos Challenge Mote tonight, finishing off the last of the Bastion of the Penitent raid achievements.

ZD6SJMv.jpg

From this picture, Tiove (Shizune), Spooky Goasts (docbon), Sabaryn (appletoasty), Zorja (Quenk), Oakley (Ronfaure), Bigby (Tech-Wolf), and Brynn (myself) all originally met through GAFGuild, so it's nice to still be facing the hardest challenges together.

There's barely a dozen of us left who were there from the very first days of raiding, but I'm proud of all the things we've managed to accomplish.

The angle sort of makes it look like Noth is the dead guy on the ground

Quenk

ZD6SJMv.jpg

Yay! We killed a man (or maybe demon thing?)

Taffer

Toss coin > heads > ogre wars is broken.

ZD6SJMv.jpg

Ron's dressed rather casual, did he just show up to step on that dog?

Played through the living story stuff with the wife the other day to get all caught up. It was a lot of fun, and I liked the new zone. Little weird to navigate sometimes but once it clicks it isn't so bad.

Finally getting to shank that smug goatee'd bitch was a true highlight.
Though killing off Demmi was the most low impact character death ever. You guys already killed Tybalt, I'm fresh out of emotions for you to fuck with. To this day apples still make me tear up a little.

Tech-Wolf

Ron's dressed rather casual, did he just show up to step on that dog?

That a lynx, so no harms done to puppy.

Also I can't believe the GS3 bugged... I only used it once In the entire instance. And yeah, Noth is dead in the background. there's only quenk crying at his death.

Gothos

Tried coming back to the game, boosted my Thief to lvl 80 but gave up when I entered Maguuma. The thought of rediscovering new maps... ughh, no...

Lucifon

Any gaffers still play regularly? I've recently got back into PC gaming and looking for an MMO I can play pretty casually but the conversation surrounding the game seems pretty dead. Any MMO with a sub is instantly out as it's impossible to play casually with a sub fee.

Sonicbug

Any gaffers still play regularly? I've recently got back into PC gaming and looking for an MMO I can play pretty casually but the conversation surrounding the game seems pretty dead. Any MMO with a sub is instantly out as it's impossible to play casually with a sub fee.

Several of us still play somewhat regularly. Gaf guild was big at it's peak, there's always someone on. It's still a great MMO to play casually, especially jumping in fresh. Now is actually probably a great time to jump in because once the expansion comes out they'll be people coming back to play and you'll be leveled up for it.

I'm kinda out of the loop with GAF in general lately so I can't speak for the guild but there's still TONS of people in game. The release cadence is steady and the new maps and content are high quality. There are a lot of people around making fart noises about the expansion but it's still very much a casual MMO.

spiritfox

A lot of the more regular players are in other guilds now, but I think there's still some people in GAF.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I recently picked this back up and need a guild again. Can someone please invite me? My necro's name is Xeliost. Thank you.

Xelios.9145

Edit: Thanks!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey all! Been a rough couple weeks, but things should be back to relative normal for a while now and I'll be on to run missions tonight at 9:00PM eastern for whoever's around. It's been small groups of 4-5 lately but because of the random breakdown of weekly missions it's usually still possible to do half or more of the ones we get.

For anyone who doesn't know, missions get you Guild Commendations which are used at the Guild Commendation trader in LA; you can buy a few pretty useful things including Ascended Accessories and unique weapons, or convert them fairly easily to gold by buying Guild WvW Blueprints and selling on the TP. They don't take long, either. It's easy money! :)

Also, as I age into an old man, full of regret, waiting to die alone, I find myself checking individual threads on GAF less and less in general. Please shoot me a PM if you want a Guild invite, as I always check those once a day at least. If you can, direct those who post in here looking for invites to do so, I would really appreciate it.

I recently picked this back up and need a guild again. Can someone please invite me? My necro's name is Xeliost. Thank you.

Xelios.9145
Got you tho!

Goldrush

I ran out of masteries on latest episode for the Spiderman stuff. Trying to get more forced me to be achievement oriented rather than map meta or gold farm oriented. Surprisingly, I end up finding it be a really effective motivation. Since the latest episode, I've been hopping around, grabbing cheevo. Thanks to using achievements as a guide, it's just now that I discovered how much content I actually skipped over in HoT.

ViciousDS

Banned
so um......I never beat even the main guild wars 2 story, don't really remember anything at all. Is starting at level 1 still a good way to go or should I use the level boost?

Ashodin

so um......I never beat even the main guild wars 2 story, don't really remember anything at all. Is starting at level 1 still a good way to go or should I use the level boost?

Yeah I'd do the level 1 again. The story you'd want to play over and go through for sure.

spiritfox

If it's your first time through I'll recommend doing it normally. It's the best part of this game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
my lb users are a charr who likes his pet sloth too much and an asura who likes to burn things

maybe my nerd of a revenant charr will also get to use a bow but no one knows if it's short or long

Massicot

I havent made a legendary in a while because I dont want to do another map completion, or silverwastes, or wvw, lol. Maybe I'll just dump resources for gold and buy a gen 1 one. Or just suck it up.

Massicot

Effective condition ele and rev builds being thrown around with the latest set of changes, and the new necro elite looks super dope. On top of powerful condition Ranger and Thief builds, crazy to think this is the same game where condition builds were an afterthought for the first couple years of its life.

Add in the vogue revenant stuff (I have a friend who brings a healy rev everywhere now >_>)

Massicot

Pact Supply Network Agent has Recipe: Bowl of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup, which is normally a lot of gold on the TP. It's account bound so no money to be made, but useful recipe for karma instead of 200g.

Just a heads up.

A sylvari bearbow ranger should settle for nothing less than Kudzu. Pew-pew. Good-bye, Wings of Dwayna. Never properly appreciated you since you were a PvP drop from a bygone era.

Not enough auras.
37W7eDL.jpg

Lmwsabr.png

Used up all the 800 gold that was just wasting away in my bank. That precursor collection is definitely more a mats sink than anything else. Pretty crappy "journey" if I spent 99% of it in front of the T5 tree farm in Malchor's Leap, lol.

Holy cow is leather expensive now. 400g of that 800 was on leather alone, I swear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom