• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

I dig the skin, and a war theme works for WvW. I also do like that it isn't wings, through be interesting to see what the glider is like.

Taffer

I reckon it'll be spikes, tattered and fire, as well as particles and complaints that it interferes with all the other (stacked) auras. Also can we dye it black.

Massicot

I get most of my wvw ranks now a days from the wvw supply boxes that show up in the converters sometimes >_> rank 400 something lol

Vena

WTF. I'M rank 102.

HOW?

HOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW?????????

I was in a guild that did WvW multiple times a week, it adds up fast. The guild split up when the commander eventually left due to life stuff, but even still we run from time to time as pugs and we're all in the 1000+ world ranks.

What's the best way to gear up endgame? Run dungeons? Haven't played this game in almost 2 years. Leveling a theif right now. I remember grinding tokens for gear. Are dungeon groups still easy to find from lfg?

Massicot

What's the best way to gear up endgame? Run dungeons? Haven't played this game in almost 2 years. Leveling a theif right now. I remember grinding tokens for gear. Are dungeon groups still easy to find from lfg?

Dungeons or the Temple Armor are easy ways to get exotic armor in exchange for Dungeon Tokens/Karma for some of the basic stat sets. As for dungeon groups, I haven't run many in a while. I'm not sure many people run them anymore, but I'm not sure.

You can also grab exotic armor off of the trading post for some gold. Could be an option if you've got spending money laying around and want stuff instantly.

To move onto ascended gear, Ascended trinkets are best obtained through a combination of Laurels, fractal relics, and guild commendations. Armor and Weapons are a little bit harder to get without leveling your crafting to 500. You can get boxes from completing high-level fractal dailies and a couple other sources (namely raids and collections), but it's random. Most people have to craft their first set of ascended gear to get what they want.

Dungeons or the Temple Armor are easy ways to get exotic armor in exchange for Dungeon Tokens/Karma for some of the basic stat sets. As for dungeon groups, I haven't run many in a while. I'm not sure many people run them anymore, but I'm not sure.

You can also grab exotic armor off of the trading post for some gold. Could be an option if you've got spending money laying around and want stuff instantly.

To move onto ascended gear, Ascended trinkets are best obtained through a combination of Laurels, fractal relics, and guild commendations. Armor and Weapons are a little bit harder to get without leveling your crafting to 500. You can get boxes from completing high-level fractal dailies and a couple other sources (namely raids and collections), but it's random. Most people have to craft their first set of ascended gear to get what they want.
I am looking for a +power and +,percision gear. Exotic level once I hit 80. Aside from dungeon what's the best way get gear like that. Medium armor since I am a thief class.

Massicot

I am looking for a +power and +,percision gear. Exotic level once I hit 80. Aside from dungeon what's the best way get gear like that. Medium armor since I am a thief class.

Berserker (stat) gear* is an exchange for Citadel of Flame, Crucible of Eternity, and Arah tokens, or trade for karma at Grenth's Temple in cursed shore.

On the trading post, medium level berserker gear would be "Nika's" set to get it cheapest, I think.

*Berserker refers to both Power/Precision/Ferocity gear and is the Warrior Elite Spec, kinda an unfortunate naming overlap.

Berserker (stat) gear* is an exchange for Citadel of Flame, Crucible of Eternity, and Arah tokens, or trade for karma at Grenth's Temple in cursed shore.

On the trading post, medium level berserker gear would be "Nika's" set to get it cheapest, I think.

*Berserker refers to both Power/Precision/Ferocity gear and is the Warrior Elite Spec, kinda an unfortunate naming overlap.
Thanks man the nikas armor looks to be obtained from pvp can you use it in pve?

Massicot

Yea, PVP stats are overwritten from your amulet. It doesn't matter what you equip. Anything on your character is used for PVE (and wvw)

Pro

Just finished a Teq run with 11:55 left on the clock. Fastest run I've been a part of. Almost made it with 12:00+ left.

Mono

Finally finished my Mesmer for fashion wars!

zeCCYJ0.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I can't think of a class that fits it

I guess there's mesmer but mine is currently steampunkish

Wanderer5

So just got in and looking at the new armor, it seems like there is a regular version of tier 3 for the chestpiece and then one that includes those tail things. Not sure if you can preview them.

Going to be working on medium first probably, since I almost done with tier 1.

Wanderer5

Rank 2000 needed for the Tyreal chestpiece. Only 350 for the backpiece though.

images

Lol welp, regular tier 3 it is for now.:p

There are 4 essences to get for the legendary backpiece it seems that you combined with tier 6 materials and all. Going to need 1000 badges, 500 proof of heroics & Memory of Battle, and 350 tickets to collect them all.

Edit: Actually damn you need to be rank 1500 to collect the first piece of tier 3 and it goes up.

Wanderer5

Lol, need 4 gift of battle for backpiece.

Think I am not going to bother with the new armor sets and just focus on the backpiece for the time being. Currently getting 4 pips a tick.

Massicot

I'm 95% sure I don't want to bother with the backpiece. Don't really find the mode fun and 4 gifts sounds like torture.

Is it sad that I'm still considering it though? lol

Wanderer5

The 4 gift of battle thing is not really that bad in comparison to the amount of tickets you possibly need heh.

Saving tickets from the previous wvw seasons definitely helps, but alas I used up most of mine for ascended stuff. You definitely going to need a lot of tickets and that is looking to take quite a while.

First tier of the backpiece needs 350 of them, and sounds like the second is 525. You also need I think 250 or 350 for one of the essences that you get for the Gift of Conquering.

You will also need to get Gift of Fortune, alongside the two new gifts, and precursor. Overall, making the backpiece doesn't seem too bad if you do WvW a lot, it just takes time cause of the tickets in particular.

Wanderer5

Will I still count for that new wvw reward system if I only go to wvw to do dailies

Eh if you're dipping in for just the dailies and calling it, you might not get that much. For the pips, you need to first get to level 3 of participation (which is like something around a few camps worth maybe), and then keep it up (decaying will start in roughly ten mins if you go afk/not get any wxp for that length of time), which you will get a certain amount of pips every 5 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom