• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3dude

So, finally playing through the HoT story.

All in all, not too bad. Fairly easy. Then I get to the last mission.

What a ridiculous change in difficulty. Do I need a 5 man group for this? They don't really tell you that.

Going to have to beg some folks to help me get through it. Arg.

Stuart444

What a ridiculous change in difficulty. Do I need a 5 man group for this? They don't really tell you that.

You can solo it and duo it but I'd recommend getting a full 5-man group because it's quicker.

Also don't bring Caithe, the other options are easier.

You in the GAF guild/on an NA server at least? if so, me and my partner don't mind helping out whenever you have time. (now or a little later on - up to you)

th3dude

You can solo it and duo it but I'd recommend getting a full 5-man group because it's quicker.

Also don't bring Caithe, the other options are easier.

You in the GAF guild/on an NA server at least? if so, me and my partner don't mind helping out whenever you have time. (now or a little later on - up to you)

Hey, that would be great.

I'm NA and GAF.

I'm usually on after 9 or 10pm EDT.

Spyware

I managed it alone two times so a group is not a requirement, but I had to change my builds a bit for it. Waaaay easier with at least one friend. The first two encounters are the bad ones for me, the last part was pretty easy in comparison. The first two fights are based on the characters you bring in there, so read up on the three different encounters and pick the two that sounds the least bad for you. Good luck!

Edit: I know people keep saying "don't bring Caithe" and I didn't want to do that because on some of my characters Caithe is way less painful than Eir. :O

Stuart444

Hey, that would be great.

I'm NA and GAF.

I'm usually on after 9 or 10pm EDT.

If I'm on, we'll be happy to help. In-game name is Stuart.5940

It's pretty easy with a full group, the only thing to worry about is it bugging out (it's better than it was originally. - I had to replay it from the start duo after it bugged out at the last second just before the boss died >_< )

th3dude

If I'm on, we'll be happy to help. In-game name is Stuart.5940

It's pretty easy with a full group, the only thing to worry about is it bugging out (it's better than it was originally. - I had to replay it from the start duo after it bugged out at the last second just before the boss died >_< )

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for you.

I managed to solo it on my mesmer and my ranger, but I felt like I was always on the verge of failing(especially when I took Caithe on my ranger). I'm just glad they made it so you can hide in Braham's bubble instead of gliding. At launch that was the part that always got me killed.

SourBear

Banned
Almost onto flashpoint! Caudecus is going down.

That fight is terrible. Whoever designed the room for that fight must hate fun. Easily the worst boss fight in the entire game. Janky camera system and small room. I will never do that fight again. I'd rather stick a hot needle in my butthole.

If you need another body and I'm online I could also probably help. Have soloed it around 3 times now for various alts, so I at least understand the mechanics. The most annoying section is the one with the glider. If you need me I'm on Haitaka.1480.

Ashodin

That fight is terrible. Whoever designed the room for that fight must hate fun. Easily the worst boss fight in the entire game. Janky camera system and small room. I will never do that fight again. I'd rather stick a hot needle in my butthole.
I suspect we will have totally different viewpoints

SourBear

Banned

Yea. Look, I'll readily admit I'm not the best player. I know that. I don't expect to live during these kinds of fights. But this fight in particular is just really bad. It's not the mechanics of it at all really for me (except they could turn down the relentless CC chains holy shit). It was the fucking room itself that really pissed me off. Way too small, can't see shit and they expect you to be able to dodge.

I got the coolest gift ever today!

VTgFaxX.jpg

5S6E75I.jpg

It was made by Blackash Creations.

Thank you again, appletoasty! You are my bestie. <3

I got the coolest gift ever today!

It was made by Blackash Creations.

Thank you again, appletoasty! You are my bestie. <3

Oh dang this is AMAZING.

The fight isn't well built for the arena. It's a tight enclosed space and there is CC everywhere. It's not impossible by any means but the arena needed to be bumped up to at least twice its size to accommodate it.

I'm reminded of the Liadri fight where the arena to fight her was in this enclosed bubble and you'd sometimes get killed by camera troubles. Liadri is a much better fight than Cadecus and the arena is far far less of a handicap than Caudecus's dungeon. I wish every LW Final Boss was tuned to be as difficult as she was.

Ashodin

It's...a bad fight. To be preemptively contrarian is kind of obnoxious.

And it's not really a "learn to play git gud" thing either...cleared on my first try. But it's a bad fight.

"bad fights" are my forté, however, so it probably won't be that bad for me.

Dizzy-4U

My motherboard blew up a couple of weeks ago and a friend lent me one until I can buy a new one. The CPU downgrade took a massive hit to the game, I can barely get 30fps in places like Bitterfrost, I don't even want to check HoT maps, it'll probably kill it. Gonna stick to the Silverwastes for the moment, the emptiness of the level helps a lot.

GPU is still the same running at like 20% in full load. Amazing how much CPU-bounded the game is.

Auraela

Banned
Anyone making a ot for path of fire.

Cant believe its only 3 days away

And it rolls rigjt into halloween and wintersday and then next season in like feb ish

Ashodin

OOOOOOOOHHHH they used the Caudecus Manor dungeon boss fight area as the entrance

Okay that last fight was pretty wild, also awesome how they used the unused Caudecus Manor area

Massicot

Anyone making a ot for path of fire.

Cant believe its only 3 days away

And it rolls rigjt into halloween and wintersday and then next season in like feb ish

NormalFish and I are on it.

It won't be as majestic as the original HoT one but I think it'll be pretty nice.

Ralemont

not me
So I just bought the bundle last week and have been playing through HoT. Despite the difficulty and all the negative press I heard over the years I actually really like what they were going for with these zones!

I'm a little worried with PoF coming out though about what I need to finish in the HoT zones as they will no doubt be dead for awhile. Meta events on maps like Auric Basin are already tough to finish/failing.

Anyway, excited for Scourge!

Massicot

So I just bought the bundle last week and have been playing through HoT. Despite the difficulty and all the negative press I heard over the years I actually really like what they were going for with these zones!

I'm a little worried with PoF coming out though about what I need to finish in the HoT zones as they will no doubt be dead for awhile. Meta events on maps like Auric Basin are already tough to finish/failing.

Anyway, excited for Scourge!

Right now though there are easily 10ish AB maps (this is obviously a big guess, just ballparking the number of IPs I tend to see advertised) going at any meta, so I think there will just be fewer map instances. Even if it bottoms out at say, 2 map instances, it still means that most anyone that wants to do the content will be able to.

PatzCU

The preorder bonus for PoF seems to be pretty worthless or am I misreading? A title and an armor skin that I can still collect in the expansion?

Just wondering if it's a must have or if I can wait a few days and see people's impressions first. Won't be able to play it until next week anyway.

Stuart444

I want to say this again... I HATE Tangled Depths. Trying to get all the HPs here now and this map fucking sucks.

I could get past the confusing map if not for all the fucking vets that are about, then the amount of immobilize abilities they seem to have and of course the fact that there is just too many of them, some right next to HPs that already have bosses or next to places you need to jump from so anytime you fail, you need to deal with the enemies again because they also respawn quite fast.

Hopefully if the demo is any indication, PoF maps will be a lot better than this not-fun vet filled shit.

Ralemont

not me
I want to say this again... I HATE Tangled Depths. Trying to get all the HPs here now and this map fucking sucks.

I could get past the confusing map if not for all the fucking vets that are about, then the amount of immobilize abilities they seem to have and of course the fact that there is just too many of them, some right next to HPs that already have bosses or next to places you need to jump from so anytime you fail, you need to deal with the enemies again because they also respawn quite fast.

Hopefully if the demo is any indication, PoF maps will be a lot better than this not-fun vet filled shit.

Yeah so like I said above I really love the HoT zones for their exploration and stuff, but I feel the mob density is a direct contradiction to the strengths of the maps (vertical exploration, getting to meta events).

Right now though there are easily 10ish AB maps (this is obviously a big guess, just ballparking the number of IPs I tend to see advertised) going at any meta, so I think there will just be fewer map instances. Even if it bottoms out at say, 2 map instances, it still means that most anyone that wants to do the content will be able to.

I forgot about map instances! good point.

Massicot

Arenanet trailers are pretty awful in general in my opinion. But this one is better than any of the resent LS ones.

*fades to black*

Incoming WP 3 hour breakdown and analysis.

Stuart444

Just got all the HPs in Tangled Depths, found a great HP train that started from the beginning (so I went to the 5 I had already gotten before hand) but it went pretty smooth mostly, had to use a few TP to friend but apart from that, it went okay and I have all HPs in HoT on one of my characters now (and got 260 HP in general ready for PoF). Going to work on my Secondary main over the next two days to try and get it ready for Friday.

But for the rest of today, I need a break >_< TD really takes it out of me.

Azzurri

Arenanet trailers are pretty awful in general in my opinion. But this one is better than any of the resent LS ones.

*fades to black*

Incoming WP 3 hour breakdown and analysis.

lmao, for real. His videos are very informative, but my god are they over analyzed. It's like when you're a page or 2 short of a term paper, so you just keep adding shit to make it long enough and repeating the same stuff over and over.

Stuart444

Onto Flashpoint today! I'll finish the story by Friday for sure.

Depending on how quick you are, you could finish this today and do the final one tomorrow.

Episode 6 is easily done in one day, forget how Flashpoint went though. Shouldn't take you too long anyway.

SourBear

Banned
Where is the best place in the vanilla maps to grind out xp. I have the mastery points to unlock pack commander but not the xp. I'd really like to have this unlocked before PoF drops. Is it silverwastes?

Goldrush

It's an awful map if I actually want to do something, but it's a wonderful map to just randomly wander around. Still can't believe they are able to fit so many different biomes in one instance.

Stuart444

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/2412/reminder-unlock-episode-6

This week is your last chance to unlock Living World Season 3 Episode 6 for free. Log in with any character on your account before the launch of Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire and you will have the final episode of Season 3 available to play on your account at any time. After the release of Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, you will be able to purchase Season 3 of Living World at a cost of 200 Gems per episode.

Living World Season 3 is available to those who own Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, but even if you don’t own HoT now, you still can unlock the episode and play it in the future, if you purchase the first expansion pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom