• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom Pre-Orders & English Screens, Oh My!

How did I not know about this?

I

What

Hmmmm

I'll look into this. It certainly seems unique and I love visual novel stuff. Plus, I've gotta support the ballsy move for localizing this. I'm sure I'll enjoy it :p

I think my friend would totally like this, too. Too bad she doesn't have a PSP =/ Maybe I'll lend it to her if and when I buy it.

EDIT: I hope this does well and that there's enough straight guys that enjoy it, too.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
R_thanatos said:
So no details on the content of the limited edition ? and no website ?

cj_iwakura said:
What does the LE include?

The contents of the LE will be released in the near future :)

Also, a website will be appearing in the near future as well~

Gunloc said:
Awesome, visual novels FTW! The LE box art is hot. (Who is that?)

Will be purchasing for sure.

VNs FTW indeed ;D! And that is Toshizo Hijikata on the cover :)

Rarutos said:
Definitely going to get it! Especially since it comes out a few days after my birthday. I don't have an excuse to not get it!

Happy belated birthday present! :)

I should be doing hw said:
I appreciate the balls you have work on and release this game. Preordered.

Aww <3 Thanks for the support and pre-order!

dragonlife said:
How did I not know about this?

I

What

Hmmmm

I'll look into this. It certainly seems unique and I love visual novel stuff. Plus, I've gotta support the ballsy move for localizing this. I'm sure I'll enjoy it :p

I think my friend would totally like this, too. Too bad she doesn't have a PSP =/ Maybe I'll lend it to her if and when I buy it.

EDIT: I hope this does well and that there's enough straight guys that enjoy it, too.

I hope everyone can enjoy it regardless :D

And that's very nice of you to possibly lend your PSP to your friend so she can play it :)

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Not into these kind of games (otome) but the Siren song of Shinsengumi compels me to order the LE (well, tentatively. I'm just hoping there will be stuff I actually want in the LE.)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Lissar said:
Not into these kind of games (otome) but the Siren song of Shinsengumi compels me to order the LE (well, tentatively. I'm just hoping there will be stuff I actually want in the LE.)
I'm the same way. I can't get enough of the Shinsengumi.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Dedication Through Light said:
Ah the week before the Vita, this may be the first PSN game I get to play on the system.

Aksys should try to pick up Uta no Prince-Sama next

Awesome first PSN choice for your brand new VITA ;)

And thanks for the suggestion on Uta no Prince-Sama! :)

Lissar said:

I'm glad your find the Shinsengumi's sweet siren song alluring ;D

Hopefully you'll enjoy the contents of the LE!

Sagitario said:
Thanks to a friend, I am definitely keeping an eye on this.

You have good friends ;)

thetrin said:
I'm the same way. I can't get enough of the Shinsengumi.

Everyone needs more Shinsengumi in their lives ;) They make the world go round! :D

Pirabear

Banned
Not the demographic, but I fully support VNs in western territories. Especially if it means more of them to come in the future...like Kyoukugen Dasshutsu ADV: Zennin Shiboudesu.

*wink wink nudge*

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Luminate said:
Not the demographic, but I fully support VNs in western territories. Especially if it means more of them to come in the future...like Kyoukugen Dasshutsu ADV: Zennin Shiboudesu.

*wink wink nudge*

I see what you did there ;)

And... DAT TRAILER <3 XD

Solune

Just wondering Akselziys, will either version be seeing some pre-order bonus like with Fate/Extra? Also in the OP, the LE link and SE links for Amazon.ca are reversed ;).

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Solune said:
Just wondering Akselziys, will either version be seeing some pre-order bonus like with Fate/Extra? Also in the OP, the LE link and SE links for Amazon.ca are reversed ;).

There won't be a pre-order bonus, so you'll be safe to pre-order from either GameStop or Amazon ;)

And thanks for the heads up about the OP! It should be fixed now :)

My friend and I are having a good time thinking of potential packaged Limited Edition goodies. All along the lines of Aragest War creeper status.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
aggro crag said:
My friend and I are having a good time thinking of potential packaged Limited Edition goodies. All along the lines of Aragest War creeper status.
Muscular pec mouse pad or bust.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
thetrin said:
Muscular pec mouse pad or bust.

Reminds me of the potential Cho Aniki Zero held as a physical product haha

But it was digital only ;)

shintoki said:
Please don't listen to him =[

Listening =! doing ;D

brollyman2k said:
preordered. thanks for bringing this over here Akselziys! i hope it's as good as the art is!

We hope you enjoy it too :D! And the art is quite nice ;)

aggro crag said:

Excellent :3

I'll be grabbing this, if only to support you guys and the bringing over of more VNs. Gotta help prove there IS a market for it here, even if it isn't super massive.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
R_thanatos said:
i have a question .

Does the story of this game follow the timeline of the anime ?

The anime is
mostly like Hijikata's route, but takes some liberties/differences :)

There are good and bad paths for each male characters that are pursuable, so lots of various story combinations to explore XD

bender

What time is it?
I'm probably not the target audience but I'll be pre-ordering in hopes we see more visual novels get translated.

Jomjom

Banned
Just wondering, any chance a straight guy who is into games like 999, Phoenix Wright, Policenauts and the like would be into this game?

Belisarius

Neo Member
jling84 said:
Just wondering, any chance a straight guy who is into games like 999, Phoenix Wright, Policenauts and the like would be into this game?

I'd stay away, if I were you. It's already turned one of our testers into the cowboy from the Village People, and another one writes up bug reports that are nothing but quotes from Cher songs.

In all seriousness, if you're concerned about the game being 100% Hot'n'sweaty Man-Lovin', you needn't be. The romance aspect takes a backseat for most of the game, which focuses primarily on the actions of the men of the Shinsengumi and not on Chizuru's burgeoning feelings for them and their rippling, rock-hard abdomens. I'd say it's probably 80% quasi-historical drama, 20% romance and kissy-face. If you like reading and pressing buttons (and it looks like you do!) then I'd say there's a pretty good chance you'd be into Hakuoki.

Dark Schala said:
I like the art.

Need art of Souji Okita and Hajime Saito soon, lol.
There should be some of that in the fankit...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Akselziys said:
November Man of the Month issue! :D

11/14/2011 - Souji Okita featured in Tumbling Pebbles!

http://li.brari.us/motmnov

OP updated as well :)
lol, I just checked my email and saw it in my inbox. Okita's one of the guys I'm going for. :)

Honestly, I really appreciate the work you guys are putting into these. They're fun to read.

So we shoot the shit, drink some sake, then shoot some more shit. We start getting pretty loud, and a quiet man in the corner of the room with a book--Hajime Saito, maybe?--gives me a cool look. I shut up, and realize that maybe it's time to get down to business. I pull out my notepad and Souji rolls his eyes.

"Really, Kyuuyuu?"

"Hey, not all of us can go around slicing people up for a living, you know."

"All right, how about you tell me about what happened at the Ikeda Inn?"

"I killed some guys, we won. Good? All right, next question."
I knew I liked him for a reason.

I have to wonder if the writing style in the "articles" is consistent with the writing style in the game. Or is this something you guys are having fun with? Either way, it doesn't matter to me; the more personality, the better. :)

Belisarius said:
Ah, thanks. :D

Jomjom

Banned
Belisarius said:
I'd stay away, if I were you. It's already turned one of our testers into the cowboy from the Village People, and another one writes up bug reports that are nothing but quotes from Cher songs.

In all seriousness, if you're concerned about the game being 100% Hot'n'sweaty Man-Lovin', you needn't be. The romance aspect takes a backseat for most of the game, which focuses primarily on the actions of the men of the Shinsengumi and not on Chizuru's burgeoning feelings for them and their rippling, rock-hard abdomens. I'd say it's probably 80% quasi-historical drama, 20% romance and kissy-face. If you like reading and pressing buttons (and it looks like you do!) then I'd say there's a pretty good chance you'd be into Hakuoki.

Hahah nice response. Thanks, you've sold me on the game! Definitely preordering this to support more of this kind of risk-taking when it comes to localizing games.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
R_thanatos said:
Rofl you really did that on purpose ...

"darling do you know what day it is ?
- of course it' the day hakuouki is released ! See ya darling !"

Well, what other day would it be? XD *feigns innocence*

Belisarius

Neo Member
Dark Schala said:
I have to wonder if the writing style in the "articles" is consistent with the writing style in the game. Or is this something you guys are having fun with? Either way, it doesn't matter to me; the more personality, the better. :)

Yes and no. I have written (and will presumably continue to write) the articles, and I was the editor on the game, so to some extent the characterizations you see in the articles are the same as what you'll see in the game. On the other hand, with each article I've tried (with varying degrees of success) to ape the "style" of the magazine we're parodying. Generally the character speech in the articles is pretty close to how they talk in the game: Okita, Harada, and Heisuke speak in a pretty contemporary way, with slang, etc. Hijikata is gruff and short, Saito is formal and serious, and Kazama is a well-spoken sneering smartass. The "narrative" text in the articles, however, isn't much like the narrative text in the game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Akselziys said:
Well, what other day would it be? XD *feigns innocence*
Boyfriends around the world will be unhappy with you.

(My bf and I aren't doing anything for Valentine's Day until we both get time off the next week anyway.)

totowhoa

Banned
Wow, this sounds great. I hadn't heard about this game until today. I don't my have my PSP anymore though. Any chance I'll be able to download this? :/ My fiance and I both love visual novel games. I know she'd particularly love to be able to play a game that sexualizes men even just a little.

Belisarius

Neo Member
jling84 said:
Hahah nice response. Thanks, you've sold me on the game! Definitely preordering this to support more of this kind of risk-taking when it comes to localizing games.
Awesome, hope you enjoy it. :)

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Sklorenz said:
Wow, this sounds great. I hadn't heard about this game until today. I don't my have my PSP anymore though. Any chance I'll be able to download this? :/ My fiance and I both love visual novel games. I know she'd particularly love to be able to play a game that sexualizes men even just a little.

Yeah, this will be available for both UMD and PSN :)

UMD will also have Standard and Limited editions ;D

Dark Schala said:
Boyfriends around the world will be unhappy with you.

(My bf and I aren't doing anything for Valentine's Day until we both get time off the next week anyway.)

Haha, I jest~ I'm actually quite the hopeless romantic <3

totowhoa

Banned
Akselziys said:

Awesome! I wasn't sure if more niche games like this were showing up on PSN (haven't really been following it). I'll be there a week after launch then!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Sklorenz said:
Awesome! I wasn't sure if more niche games like this were showing up on PSN (haven't really been following it). I'll be there a week after launch then!

Right in time for the VITA! haha

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Belisarius said:
Yes and no. I have written (and will presumably continue to write) the articles, and I was the editor on the game, so to some extent the characterizations you see in the articles are the same as what you'll see in the game. On the other hand, with each article I've tried (with varying degrees of success) to ape the "style" of the magazine we're parodying. Generally the character speech in the articles is pretty close to how they talk in the game: Okita, Harada, and Heisuke speak in a pretty contemporary way, with slang, etc. Hijikata is gruff and short, Saito is formal and serious, and Kazama is a well-spoken sneering smartass.
I think they're written very well, and I suppose it gives me some insight as to how some of the character dialogue will be written in the game (and I like it so far)... which I suppose is the point of them. :p

Keep up the good work on them. I'm curious about how Saito's will be writen then, because I was going for him based on his appearance (even though his art screams "I'm a serious dude with a serious pretty face and my table manners are better than yours!"). And the fankit's stocked with some great stuff, especially the key art.

Akselziys said:
Haha, I jest~ I'm actually quite the hopeless romantic <3
Maybe my bf and I can play it together! Forget going to dinner or out for coffee. Or we can play it together while we're on our coffee date. :O

Kyon said:
OMG IS THIS A YAOI/OTOME GAME? O______O
*Pre ordered*
It's more otome than yaoi.And if i'm not wrong a large portion of the game doesn't deal with "that" aspect at all.

We have 2 expert o this subject here, so they might confirm/infirm my words

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Akselziys said:

You probably can't answer, but I feel like I should ask - do you know of a UMD to PSN plan for US PSP games?

frequency

Is it wrong that I'm more hyped for this than any other announced game?

Gah Aksys! I'm probably going to buy this twice. I'll get the UMD LE for sure... but I am really tempted to get this on PSN as well just so I can play it on a Vita.

Top Bottom