• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom Pre-Orders & English Screens, Oh My!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
frequency said:
Is it wrong that I'm more hyped for this than any other announced game?

Gah Aksys! I'm probably going to buy this twice. I'll get the UMD LE for sure... but I am really tempted to get this on PSN as well just so I can play it on a Vita.

Super awesome :D! Can't wait to hear your impressions of it!

firehawk12 said:
You probably can't answer, but I feel like I should ask - do you know of a UMD to PSN plan for US PSP games?

Unfortunately no, and if I did, I'd most likely be NDA'd XD;

Lain said:
I have my LE copy preordered and it will be the first Otome game I'll play.

And an excellent foray into the land of Otome games at that :D

frequency

firehawk12 said:
Oh yeah, and Canadian Gamestops/EBGames started taking pre-orders for the game!
Hmm...

I might switch my pre-order from Amazon.ca. I haven't been too pleased with their speed lately. They send me stuff like a week after release. Maybe I'll pre-order at a local EBGames although I haven't had the best experience with them either. At least I'd get it quicker.

Akselziys said:
Great to hear! We were hoping they'd put those up soon, and they did :D

um, 'fool me once...'? :) - after the canada fate/extra fiasco, i'll be going with the digital download version (which is what i ended up doing, after over a week of waiting, with f/e)...

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
semiconscious said:
um, 'fool me once...'? :) - after the canada fate/extra fiasco, i'll be going with the digital download version (which is what i ended up doing, after over a week of waiting, with f/e)...

Yeah, we're not sure why there was a delay on their end with that, but hopefully they'll handle Hakuoki better :)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
frequency said:
Is it wrong that I'm more hyped for this than any other announced game?
Nope. It doesn't help that my interest in FFXIII-2 waned to the point where I don't really care much about it, but this next to Ni no Kuni, Tales of the Abyss 3DS and Tales of Graces F are my most hyped games for next year at the moment. And I've played TotA and Tales of Graces F already, so it's nice to have something new next to Ni no Kuni...

...especially since it's a localized(!) retail(!) otome game. Yaaaay! :D

Akselziys said:
Yeah, we're not sure why there was a delay on their end with that, but hopefully they'll handle Hakuoki better :)
Definitely not the thread for this, and I should really ask this in the Fate/Extra thread, but any updates regarding the Fate: The Fact book snafu on Gamestop Canada's end?

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Dark Schala said:
Nope. It doesn't help that my interest in FFXIII-2 waned to the point where I don't really care much about it, but this next to Ni no Kuni, Tales of the Abyss 3DS and Tales of Graces F are my most hyped games for next year at the moment. And I've played TotA and Tales of Graces F already, so it's nice to have something new next to Ni no Kuni...

Definitely not the thread for this, and I should really ask this in the Fate/Extra thread, but any updates regarding the Fate: The Fact book snafu on Gamestop Canada's end?

Yeah, feel free to send us a support email, if you haven't already and we'll forward it to GameStop.ca directly for you.

They said they'd take care of any Canadians who didn't receive their booklet :)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Akselziys said:
Yeah, feel free to send us a support email, if you haven't already and we'll forward it to GameStop.ca directly for you.

They said they'd take care of any Canadians who didn't receive their booklet :)
Excellent. Thanks a lot for looking into it. :)

frequency

Dark Schala said:

I'm still pretty interested in FFXIII-2 (although I haven't read anything recent about it). I'm also hyped for Ni no Kuni and Tales.
But that there exists someone who would bring over an otome game on the PSP... That fact excites me beyond just the game itself. It makes me feel like the game is being localized directly for me. I've never felt that way before.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
frequency said:
I'm still pretty interested in FFXIII-2 (although I haven't read anything recent about it). I'm also hyped for Ni no Kuni and Tales.
But that there exists someone who would bring over an otome game on the PSP... That fact excites me beyond just the game itself. It makes me feel like the game is being localized directly for me. I've never felt that way before.

That's because it was an Otome game localized just for you :D!

and all the other Otome fans and unsuspecting new fans out there XD

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Akselziys said:
That's because it was an Otome game localized just for you :D!

and all the other Otome fans and unsuspecting new fans out there XD
Next step is the Kimi ni Todoke DS games! Although I understand that would be extremely silly to do at this point.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
firehawk12 said:
Next step is the Kimi ni Todoke DS games! Although I understand that would be extremely silly to do at this point.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

We'll see what the future holds, but 2012 should be quite interesting and exciting XD

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I was reading around and it seems that Souji Okita isn't too popular among potential players because apparently he's an asshole/rough around the edges.

I was planning to woo him on my first playthrough, but this gives me a little more incentive to do it, lol.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Dark Schala said:
I was reading around and it seems that Souji Okita isn't too popular among potential players because apparently he's an asshole/rough around the edges.

I was planning to woo him on my first playthrough, but this gives me a little more incentive to do it, lol.

Just think of it like the book, Taming of the Shrew, but with a role reversal XD

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Akselziys said:
Just think of it like the book, Taming of the Shrew, but with a role reversal XD
Bo... you owe me a new keyboard. :lol

I was thinking that by the end of it all, Okita would give a hilarious speech about how husbands should always obey their wives as a result of Chizuru using reverse psychology and not giving him food or clothes since nothing's good enough for him.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
jling84 said:
The cover looks awesome. Been a fan of anything involving the Shinshengumi ever since Rurouni Kenshin.

Yeah, it is pretty sweet :3

Dark Schala said:
Bo... you owe me a new keyboard. :lol

I was thinking that by the end of it all, Okita would give a hilarious speech about how husbands should always obey their wives as a result of Chizuru using reverse psychology and not giving him food or clothes since nothing's good enough for him.

Orzing much? XD

frequency

I was browsing the Aksys Hakuoki site and figured I'd take a peek at the forums. Someone on there suggested having a "naughty" pillow case and blanket in the LE.

I just wanted to express my full support for that idea. It would be the bestest thing ever.
Who cares what the male customers think! I totally didn't complain when I bought the Agarest War LE with the pillow case and mousepad and I don't even have a 360

But I understand why it can't be done... and that makes me sad :(

Veal

Wow! This is a surprisingly big step right here. I really hope this does well enough at retail to reward the massive balls aksys are using!

Belisarius

Neo Member
He is the
only correct choice for this game. And therefore not available. Such a tease. >_<

2RFM0.jpg

matmanx1

Akselziys, I thought the LE contents in Fate/Extra were fantastic, especially the art folio and the way the OST fit in to it. Will the Hakuoki LE book be as nice as that one? It's hard to tell from the pic. 72 pages is big though!

Top Bottom