• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

I'm stuck at the second pylon on the level Forerunner on Legendary difficulty. If I get in a Banshee the Grunts shoot me down. While trying to deal with the grunts on the ground the Banshees bomb me. Please help.

Do as much damage as you can in the Banshee, bail out and destroy a bunch on foot, grab another banshee.

m23

Playing through campaign again and I noticed just how sentimental the start of the second level is (Where you see the Forerunner structures in the distance after leaving the cave). The music that plays is great

I remember that part, blew me away. I was looking up at the structures and kept walking, up until I walked right off the cliff LOL.

Tawpgun

Wait so on Nov 30th we get a code emailed that unlocks all the specializations?

wow, good thing I didn't go for the LE, I won't be 50 until around Nov 30 anyway.

I'm stuck at the second pylon on the level Forerunner on Legendary difficulty. If I get in a Banshee the Grunts shoot me down. While trying to deal with the grunts on the ground the Banshees bomb me. Please help.

I did it all on foot. Stuck to cover whenever the Banshees started firing on me.

Took me a few attempts, but I stole the banshee before the elite could get to it; took out the other two banshees and a couple of elites on the tower with the banshee. Jumped out and did the rest on foot. Wasn't difficult once the bashees were out of the sky.

willow ve

Do as much damage as you can in the Banshee, bail out and destroy a bunch on foot, grab another banshee.

Took me a few attempts, but I stole the banshee before the elite could get to it; took out the other two banshees and a couple of elites on the tower with the banshee. Jumped out and did the rest on foot. Wasn't difficult once the bashees were out of the sky.

This section probably accounted for 35-40 (around 50%) of my deaths in my first solo legendary run through. If you aren't still in a ghost when you get there you're going to have a tough time of it.

I finally slogged through it doing what others have suggested. Use your ghost to splatter the Elite just outside the door. Get in the Banshee and boost straight up to the very top of the map; as far away from ground forces as you can get. Take out the other two banshees then continue on foot from there. The only reason I got out of the banshee is it is essentially a giant bullet/plasma magnet if you're in range of any ground forces.

Remember to always look for and seek out checkpoints. If you do something that makes you think "this should be a checkpoint" then run around in circles a few times, kill a grunt, run backwards in the level, etc., until you get that damn checkpoint. Or you can keep pressing on, get killed, and start it all over again.

GrizzNKev

Banned
N/P. Also you have an awesome avatar.
Woah, double thanks. The reason I never wanted to be a part of HaloGAF was because Halo 4's mere existence left me worried. This part of town loved to shit on Reach, which was understandable, but they were promised Halo 4 as some sort of salvation delivered by the gods. I got on their hype train just before release and it's crashed into a wall for me.

Aside from my complaints you've already read, broken fileshares, forge issues, custom game options missing, the game feels like it was shipped unfinished. I don't like the direction it's taking anyway though. The campaign was pretty nice aside from the music, so I guess I'll stick around for the story.

Any sense of competitive multiplayer is gone so I'll probably only ever get on to dick around with friends. I'll miss you, Halo. Bungie better deliver on Destiny.

heckfu

Banned
Woah, double thanks. The reason I never wanted to be a part of HaloGAF was because Halo 4's mere existence left me worried. This part of town loved to shit on Reach, which was understandable, but they were promised Halo 4 as some sort of salvation delivered by the gods. I got on their hype train just before release and it's crashed into a wall for me.

Aside from my complaints you've already read, broken fileshares, forge issues, custom game options missing, the game feels like it was shipped unfinished. I don't like the direction it's taking anyway though. The campaign was pretty nice aside from the music, so I guess I'll stick around for the story.

Any sense of competitive multiplayer is gone so I'll probably only ever get on to dick around with friends. I'll miss you, Halo. Bungie better deliver on Destiny.
Grizznkev? Gross.

IHaveIce

Banned
So....

Where are the modded maps for Halo 4? Shit was fun in Halo 3.

Just look in the filebrowser on waypoint, or in other forums they will link to the map on the browser

Oh wait.

Kidding, there are a few, but nothing interesting. Reach had also some good ones in the end, but Halo 3's were really cool lol

I still think H4 is awesome. Having tons of fun, most of the complaints people seem to have are fairly minor. I like the variety in the maps.. going into Complex after Haven is a completely different experience. Get your DMR out.

Loadout wise, I settled on using a slot for each of the 5 slayer maps. My Complex loadout doubles as my BTB loadout. We'll see what happens when the map packs start arriving.

My stats since launch:

3200d
2200a

DeadNames

Banned
Why do kills go by 10 now? It's annoying and confusing. Just a small nitpicky thing that kind of gets on my nerves. I hate having to say "Oh it's uhhh.... 340 to 330". Why keep it convoluted like that? Why not just go by 1??

IHaveIce

Banned
Why do kills go by 10 now? It's annoying and confusing. Just a small nitpicky thing that kind of gets on my nerves. I hate having to say "Oh it's uhhh.... 340 to 330". Why keep it convoluted like that? Why not just go by 1??

because it would look stupid if assists would be 0.5 in the personal scoring, out of all changes this bothers me in no way.

DeadNames

Banned
because it would look stupid if assists would be 0.5 in the personal scoring, out of all changes this bothers me in no way.

That's true.

It's not THAT big of a deal it me, it's just kind of annoying and seems like a bit of a stupid change.

A game of Adrift just turned into a camo boltshot shotgun fest. Yay.

JackHerer

I played 3 player split screen earlier.

I'm pretty sure the reticle on certain weapons (AR, BR, and Magnum for sure, not completely certain on everything) doesn't scale. So I get to use weapons that are incredibly inaccurate with reticles that take up 1/3 of the screen. Had huge framerate problems as well.

Local play seems like an afterthought in this game. Not a big deal for me, but for players like Hydra and Zalinkrow, this really sucks.

I noticed this problem too on 4 player split. I think the reticle doesn't display in a scaled way but the gun still behaves the same way. So the way the the bloom is communicated is not exactly what is actually happening with your bullets.

Anything more than 2 player split in this game is is horrendous and pretty much unplayable. Horrible frame rate. Textures don't load. Game looks like total shit on 4 player split.

Dude with the name FeelsLikeHalo on Twitch. Hhahaha

Ha, I remember playing against a guy with that gamertag before.

edit: I was one of the people playing split screen with fracas yesterday and it was pretty rough. So many frame rate problems. Although I thought it it looked OK, graphically, but that may have been because I was pretty far from the TV.

I try to like the multiplayer, I do. It is always fun for a game or two and then I got frustrated and turn it off. Halo always had what me and some friends called "limited chaos." Halo gets chaotic, but compared to most shooters there were limited variables that never changed. Reach took a step away from that with armor abilities that were unidentifiable until they were used, and the randomness bloom added to the gunplay. It was still fairly controlled and limited though compared to Call of Duty or Battlefield. Halo 4 didn't just take another step away from that "limited chaos," it moved away to another city. I've tried to remain positive about it and find fun in the game that it is, but I just can't do it anymore. It isn't the Halo I always enjoyed. It feels more like a fiesta or whatever that mode was in Halo 3. I really noticed this the other night while playing CE multiplayer. It isn't the same game anymore. I don't want to spend anymore time playing something I do not enjoy. I'm not going to sit around here and complain anymore though since I know there are people who enjoy it. I am really enjoying Spartan Ops though and I've had fun with the campaign despite issues with it.

Whelp, I'm done with Oddball for now as it's quite apparent when you're facing a team and when you're not.

Yup, Oddball in H4 is much better than any previous iteration. Throwing it opens up all kinds of awesome scenarios.

Just played some good games. Once that Complex Bug is fixed ill spend a lot more time in that playlist.

willow ve

Game says my NAT is not open, it's open.

Reset your Xbox. I know every time I change my NAT status I have to reset my Xbox for the effects to take place. It might work for you.

Seems to be the only fix. Has happened to be ever since I took part in the Dashboard Beta... Happened daily during the Beta and now happens about once every two weeks. Turn off / turn on usually fixed it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
OOFWG.jpg

Banshee got stuck in SpOps, after it was the only enemy left in the game it took about 2 minutes before it gave up and despawned it.
Reset your Xbox. I know every time I change my NAT status I have to reset my Xbox for the effects to take place. It might work for you.
Tried twice, didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Tawpgun

Camo is beyond broken.

Big team fucking sucks in this game.

From before launch:

"Tawpgun, you can't say BTB will be bad you haven't played it, not everyone is going to have plasma grenades and plasma pistols you don't know that they will be that powerful not everyone is going to use them I bet 343 already tested this its not going to be broken they probably learned their lessons of with the DMR from Reach stop complaining you can't criticize the game before playing"

you could see it coming from a mile away

Rev3rb

From before launch:

"Tawpgun, you can't say BTB will be bad you haven't played it, not everyone is going to have plasma grenades and plasma pistols you don't know that they will be that powerful not everyone is going to use them I bet 343 already tested this its not going to be broken they probably learned their lessons of with the DMR from Reach stop complaining you can't criticize the game before playing"

Lmao

wwm0nkey

Oddball is the best game type in this game when you have all members of the team tossing the ball and using team work. Never thought I would actually say Oddball is one of my favorite game types lol

From before launch:

you could see it coming from a mile away

Beautiful. DeadNames, how about you stop posting little "this game sucks" posts, and use some critical thinking to develop something people want to read. Nearly every post by you recently is a 1-2 sentence statement about ordnance sucking or something else. I'm guilty of doing it, but I don't even have Halo 4, and I could see people getting annoyed by your posts. Being on an ignore list isn't something to be proud of.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I still stand by my opinion that Halo 4 BTB may as well be Heavies.

Remove Personal Ordnance, lower the vehicle count a bit, and throw in objective and we're talking.
Oddball is the best game type in this game when you have all members of the team tossing the ball and using team work. Never thought I would actually say Oddball is one of my favorite game types lol

I agree completely. Oddball and KoTH are the best they've ever been. Especially Oddball, the plays you can pull off with long bombs are really nice. So much fun

Top Bottom