• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Omni

Lol, some guy just spent the better part of several minutes trying to betray me for a Binary Rifle that I called in (In BTB)

If friendly fire was on I would've just killed him a few times, but it was fun watching him get splattered by the ghost while trying to stick me I guess.

Caja 117

Can anyone tell me the reason behind team slayer new scoring system? I just saw that you have custom options to change it to clasic setings. Maybe im missing something about the added value the new scoring system might have.

Computron

Lol, some guy just spent the better part of several minutes trying to betray me for a Binary Rifle that I called in (In BTB)

If friendly fire was on I would've just killed him a few times, but it was fun watching him get splattered by the ghost while trying to stick me I guess.

If you wanna betray someone, you still can by splattering.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Halo 4 is getting to the stage where people are starting to play like assholes really really well.. I'm pretty sure this will go unchecked, game appears to be designed for griefers.

Can anyone tell me the reason behind team slayer new scoring system? I just saw that you have custom options to change it to clasic setings. Maybe im missing something about the added value the new scoring system might have.

There's no point as far as I can tell, just another superficial feature taken from the big one.

I would really like to see the scoreboard on death, please.

MrDaravon

I can guarantee that without jip people would be bitching about afk and people quiting matches
jip isn't as horrible as everyone is making it out to be. of course if their was a ranked playlist, jip would need to be removed

I'm all for JIP. The problem is that Halo 4 consistently manages it considerably worse than other games that have JIP, which is impressive in a way.

Pop

I'm all for JIP. The problem is that Halo 4 consistently manages it considerably worse than other games that have JIP, which is impressive in a way.

Exactly. I mean if I stay in lobby after a game just finished with 3 other guys and the game decided to throw us into a match. Something seems broke and is obviously not working right, I hope that's the case.

So far every game I've played tonight has been JIP, each time losing.

malfcn

Hologram doesn't show weapon skins.

And the gravlifts on turrets is wrong.

Don't know what I just did, but my Hologram used Camo.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We need 2 teams for the league if you guys haven't signed up yet. That's 4 total players. PM Ramirez with your team please. Thanks

Tawpgun

And pulsing the trigger is?

Are you just being difficult? Keeping a large reticle from a weapon with a large cone of fire on an enemy is easier than keeping a much smaller reticle on an enemy then having to position that reticle to a headshot hitbox for the final bullet.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
And pulsing the trigger is?

Well first, that's not the point since the subject is him acting like the AR is suddenly the "skill" weapon. But I'll entertain this, yes, it's bit more since you have to time/aim the shots and transition to a headshot at the end. AR you just hold down the trigger and keep centered.

Who said it has to be skillful? Its fun thats why i use it.

Dat back-peddle.

FyreWulff

Are you just being difficult?

Holding a trigger = not skilfful

pulsing a trigger = skillful

pulsing the trigger on an AR to reduce it's cone of fire and hit players at a greater distance = not skillful

Hate to break it to ya bro but all the guns in the game have autoaim and bullet magnetism. "skill" isn't related to how the weapons actually work.

FyreWulff

I'd say its easy enough.

AR is easier though imo. Though if you want to look at it more deeper.

AR at its optimal range is easier than DMR at its optimal range.
DMR, however, has a larger range of effectivness.

All I know is I sure as shit ain't getting pinged by BRs, Lightrifles, or Carbines all the time. It's a DMR flinch DMR world out there in H4 matchmaking.

The AR is a lot of fun and very powerful in its effective range. It makes a great secondary when you don't feel like cheesing with the Boltshot. Probably my favorite iteration of the AR.

blamite

When it comes to assault rifles, the Storm Rifle's been working out the best for me, to the point that SR/Pistol/PulseAutosentry/Mobility/Explosives has become my default Abandon loadout. I always have to reload the AR right before finishing the kill, and I don't even know what's going on with the Supressor. That thing's all over the place.

There are no Storm Rifle skins, are there? Too bad...

CyReN

SillyGoose is a god.

Pack Includes:
1. Announcer Voices for
-Most Medals
-CTF, King of the Hill, Oddball, Grifball, Regide, Slayer Gametypes
-and other various voices

2. Armor Ability Sounds

3. Weapon Sounds for
-Covenant Weapons
-Forerunner Weapons
-Human Weapons

4. Halo 4 Medal Images from:

i have a question

are there a ton of weapon skins we don't know about or are those just something they threw in and forgot about/are going to pump out as DLC later

Omni

Playing through campaign again and I noticed just how sentimental the start of the second level is (Where you see the Forerunner structures in the distance after leaving the cave). The music that plays is great

Plus the audio mixing is a little out of whack. You can hear a plasma pistol charge up 100m+ away like it was right next to you (Used sniper to zoom in on Grunt and he charged it)

neoism

WTF is with this mentality? I guess I am out HaloGAF.

Don't leave.....I think people forgot what halogaf is about ..... most every one here but me and some others hated Reach didn't stop them from posting.... They post here because they LOVE Halo... most people that aren't bothered by JIP are probably just really used to COD... it didn't bother me one fucking bit in those games because I never took them seriously... I cared about every game of halo I played... I loved starting a game from the beginning, and finishing... and trying my best....I dont care about winning or loosing either its about my personal experience and if I do well that game. Getting put in a game with 10 kills left does nothing but make me what to quit immediately, but QUITTING will never stop ever... unless they put in a 1 hour penalty of something but that will just get people to stop playing all together.... opinions are opinions guys just because you like something or it doesn't bother you doesn't mean it won't for someone else... Halo gaf shit on Reach for 2 years I see the same thing for this game.... This game deserves it though........

Destiny save us

i think people forgot what halogaf is about ..... most every one here but me and some others hated Reach didn't stop them from posting.... They post here because they LOVE Halo... most people that aren't bothered by JIP are probably just really used to COD... it didn't bother me one fucking bit in those games because I never took them seriously... I cared about every game of halo I played... I loved starting a game from the beginning, and finishing... QUITTING will never stop ever... unless they put in a 1 hour penalty of something but that will just get people to stop playing all together.... opinions are opinions guys just because you like something or it doesn't bother you doesn't mean it won't for someone else... Halo gaf shit on Reach for 2 years I see the same thing for this game.... This game desires it though........

Destiny save us

pakkit

Banned
JIP definitely needs tweaks. Some sort of priority system so that if there's a game where one player drops and it's close that is immediately filled instead of games where it's hopeless.

That said, still loving the hell out of this game. Every weapon is viable, for the most part. I got Damage Boost and started destroying people with the AR (I usually use DMR). I'm a convert to the Boltshot, it's great in close-quarters maps. Adrift is a better map than anything found on Reach.

Redford

aka Cabbie
JIP definitely needs tweaks. Some sort of priority system so that if there's a game where one player drops and it's close that is immediately filled instead of games where it's hopeless.

Lucky for you, there are fixes coming for JiP that we'll hear about next week.

I wish i could sell this game, honestly

but I, like an idiot, bought the limited edition.

i just don't have time for games anymore, and when I do have time to play, Halo 4 is certainly not what i want to spend my time playing. at least until 343 gets their act together and realizes that a good portion of their ideas are terrible.

this game wasn't built for people like me. it probably never will be. i can't get by on the scraps of just playing slayer pro on haven.

Ken

I wish i could sell this game, honestly

but I, like an idiot, bought the limited edition.

i just don't have time for games anymore, and when I do have time to play, Halo 4 is certainly not what i want to spend my time playing. at least until 343 gets their act together and realizes that a good portion of their ideas are terrible.

this game wasn't built for people like me. it probably never will be. i can't get by on the scraps of just playing slayer pro on haven.

Selling the game? I hope you stop posting.

Top Bottom