• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

ElRenoRaven

Last Resort over Zanzibar. Wow.

Yea. I think that we can all agree that Zanzibar > Last Resort. Also got my code. I tried it again tonight to make sure last night wasn't a freak thing and yup as long as you go in not giving 2 shits about the game or what's going on then it's actually fun. I just run around like a mad man doing whatever floats my boat and I'm enjoying it. Actually doing pretty damn good too. Course it's big team slayer and not regular team slayer I'm playing at the moment either.

That's kind of sad but oh well.

Pop

I really hope microsoft doesn't send that code to my contact email. I have no access to that email anymore. Well it's not in my email to my gamertag...

who the hell votes for oddball on complex
edit: aaaaaaaaaand we win 300-4
I wanna know who votes for complex in CTF? So one-sided. Blue team has a massive advantage with at least one or two players out of the 5 team members always able to respawn and pin down the red team's flag carrier before they can get anywhere. Why are there no symmetrical maps in this game? Even Solace is not symmetrical with blue team having a much easier time on defense with a nice big area of space to view attackers versus red team's side with 3 narrow openings that offer attackers plenty of cover and options to harass red team.

A lot of halo 4 maps would make great 1 flag or 1bomb assault maps, but those games don't exist in halo 4...

EDIT:
Checked my hotmail account. No email. Just checked again. Email from MS just came in.

I don't have a gaming rig so 360 is the only option. :(
Invest in one. Sure the initial cost is high, but the amount you'll save on games through various digital outlets (Steam, Green Man Gaming, Amazon) is more than worth it. Though I don't think my poor 560ti can max Far Cry 3 AND maintain 60fps. Maybe if I turn down the resolution.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I'm a dumbfuck and got one of the codes sent to my email after taking Fracas's code.

If it's cool with him, I'll give my code to one of you who needs it.

Ugh Tracker has a Boltshot skin, but engineer has a pink/purple/blue visor, and pioneer has a silver/blue visor.

spartan dress up problems :(
I hit assist master last night. Sporting the pink/blue visor atm.
waypoint_profile.jpg

Karl2177

Hey turds, who wants to test my "fixed" settings?

Also, I saw that Sai kun.

EDIT: Otherwise does anyone want to try tomorrow night or something? Like 7PM Eastern?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Invest in one. Sure the initial cost is high, but the amount you'll save on games through various digital outlets (Steam, Green Man Gaming, Amazon) is more than worth it. Though I don't think my poor 560ti can max Far Cry 3 AND maintain 60fps. Maybe if I turn down the resolution.
If you decide to upgrade your GPU sometime down the line please send me your 560ti, ty, ty

Noricart

I can't believe I'm saying this but I can't wait for forge maps to be in MM.

I don't know if it is because I'm bored of seeing Ragnarok and Haven over and over, or because the game needs more small maps. However this game deserves more maps, and at least there should be less shit ones because the gameplay is better. (give or take.)

quick edit: I can't seem to remember, but I think someone remade The Cage and several people are claiming that it is good. Not really evidence that user made maps will be better, but it gives me hope. Also, I wanna play on it!

rakka

just mastered first strike, going to use the stance that comes with it, even though it's pretty fucking bad. only because i haven't seen many players with it, in fact I've seen it once or twice maybe. everyone's using the main 4-5 stances that are SR level unlocked

just mastered first strike, going to use the stance that comes with it, even though it's pretty fucking bad. only because i haven't seen many players with it, in fact I've seen it once or twice maybe. everyone's using the main 4-5 stances that are SR level unlocked
The unlockable stances through SR level are laughable. And the better ones we won't see people using for years. Getting UNSC, Forerunner, or Covenant Weapon Master will take ages. I need to look at the first strike stance. Might do that just for the extra exp. Still wish the exp worked in pro slayer, though. It should...

EDIT: I totally misread your post. How many first strikes does it take to get to master out of curiosity?

malfcn

A way to boost that? I am at 2/5 with 1/25 :p

TCKaos

Will be sending your way shortly, after I am done punching Outlook in the face.

Making me jump through hoops to get this fucking code.

Yeah, that's pretty much what it does. Did you get to "OH FUCK, WE DON'T REMEMBER YOU. DO YOU REMEMBER YOU? TELL US EVERYTHING YOU REMEMBER ABOUT THE ACCOUNT YOU MADE IN FIVE MINUTES SIX YEARS AGO."

That's as far as I got before I figured I wasn't ever getting my code.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Yeah, that's pretty much what it does. Did you get to "OH FUCK, WE DON'T REMEMBER YOU. DO YOU REMEMBER YOU? TELL US EVERYTHING YOU REMEMBER ABOUT THE ACCOUNT YOU MADE IN FIVE MINUTES SIX YEARS AGO."

That's as far as I got before I figured I wasn't ever getting my code.

Check your PMs. ;)

And yea that is exactly what I got, then had to wait for a fucking text message with a number to input in it.

Ridiculous.

A way to boost that? I am at 2/5 with 1/25 :p
I haven't done it, but I'd think going into swat repeatedly and quitting out immediately if you don't get the first strike. Shoot, do the stats get saved even if you quit out? Just go into swat, first strike, quit out, rinse and repeat. I LOVE JIP!!!
/Sarcasm

Just lost to Ram and Trasher. :(

At least the league has begun.
I always look forward to running into other gaf members, but it hasn't happened to me more than once. Ran into zerofire, tunavi, booties, and some other name i didn't recognize (Maverick?). I need more friends that will actually play with me lol. So far, I've done a few games with crazy croatia, had a good night of games with unknown, and did some stuff with a bigger group of random people one other night (i think bobs, zalinkrow, kittens, and a few more that i can't remember).

EDIT: lulz, you were doing a tournament game. Misreading posts like crazy tonight.

Aggrotek

I always look forward to running into other gaf members, but it hasn't happened to me more than once. Ran into zerofire, tunavi, booties, and some other name i didn't recognize (Maverick?). I need more friends that will actually play with me lol. So far, I've done a few games with crazy croatia, had a good night of games with unknown, and did some stuff with a bigger group of random people one other night (i think bobs, zalinkrow, kittens, and a few more that i can't remember).

No it was a custom game. See here for more details: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498338&page=4

GhaleonEB

Ghal, hope you are ok.

Shit, that sucks.

Yeah. Not how I wanted to end the week. On Monday I was in the office working from 8 am to 1am the next day (17 hours). The next three days were 12 hours, 14 hours, and 15 hours long. Add a 90 minute commute to each day. Today was super intense, and then I was supposed to get ready for a meeting with management about four levels above me. And the afternoon post-lunch lull turned into slurred speech, slow movement and head-on-desk exhaustion. Couldn't do it. I waddled over to my boss - who knows I'm going through hell - and told him I would neither be prepared nor coherent for the meeting. It got pushed.

I'm home and resting and okay. I've told my boss I'm never, ever doing this kind of week again (which was a confluence of unusual factors we couldn't avoid). He's supportive; I'm going back to normal 8-5 hours the rest of the year and taking every Friday off in December. I just had to survive this week, which I did. Barely. :lol

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry for the personal derail. This has been the hardest week of the nine years I've worked here. I'm too old for this shit!

Mayyhem

So I joined in progress and walked forward about 10 steps ( did not see anyone ) and the match finished, and that used up my double exp token?

Nice

Yeah. Not how I wanted to end the week. On Monday I was in the office working from 8 am to 1am the next day (17 hours). The next three days were 12 hours, 14 hours, and 15 hours long. Add a 90 minute commute to each day. Today was super intense, and then I was supposed to get ready for a meeting with management about four levels above me. And the afternoon post-lunch lull turned into slurred speech, slow movement and head-on-desk exhaustion. Couldn't do it. I waddled over to my boss - who knows I'm going through hell - and told him I would neither be prepared nor coherent for the meeting. It got pushed.

I'm home and resting and okay. I've told my boss I'm never, ever doing this kind of week again (which was a confluence of unusual factors we couldn't avoid). He's supportive; I'm going back to normal 8-5 hours the rest of the year and taking every Friday off in December. I just had to survive this week, which I did. Barely. :lol

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry for the personal derail. This has been the hardest week of the nine years I've worked here. I'm too old for this shit!
Dude hoping you feel better. That sucks.

Aggrotek

Here's hoping to a smoother week next week! Hope you feel better.

DeadNames

Banned
Note to self- Never eat 18 wings from Buffalo Wild Wings. Sweet mother.

Anyways, I hope 343 puts the competitive maps into MM. Can be pretty cool.

Top Bottom