• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

rakka

Really, so you are seeing cheaters every few games?! How come there aren't a lot of people complaining about it, then?

that's why I don't think it's cheaters, more likely just a worse matchmaking system.there are people complaining about laggier games in general, I'm thinking probably due to "trueskill" being more of a priority than connection quality. seems to affect outside US players more.

but yeah, definitely seen black screen while some players are still scoring more often than in reach for sure. I don't care anymore. I seem to have more fun playing stupid then competitively.

neoism

Yeah. Not how I wanted to end the week. On Monday I was in the office working from 8 am to 1am the next day (17 hours). The next three days were 12 hours, 14 hours, and 15 hours long. Add a 90 minute commute to each day. Today was super intense, and then I was supposed to get ready for a meeting with management about four levels above me. And the afternoon post-lunch lull turned into slurred speech, slow movement and head-on-desk exhaustion. Couldn't do it. I waddled over to my boss - who knows I'm going through hell - and told him I would neither be prepared nor coherent for the meeting. It got pushed.

I'm home and resting and okay. I've told my boss I'm never, ever doing this kind of week again (which was a confluence of unusual factors we couldn't avoid). He's supportive; I'm going back to normal 8-5 hours the rest of the year and taking every Friday off in December. I just had to survive this week, which I did. Barely. :lol

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry for the personal derail. This has been the hardest week of the nine years I've worked here. I'm too old for this shit!
I really hope your not salary and are being paid well.... that is brutal..

Sorry Henry, only had one code.

That's awesome you posted a pic of your own cat yawning though. :_)

It's entirely possible I have a small album growing titled Cats yawning... of my cats lol.

It definitely is possible.

auThQl.jpg

Noricart

I haven't been sent mine yet, either.

I'm at 68 now, so hopefully it shows up before I hit 70 and need to pick another spec (which at the rate I've been playing lately will be...approximately 3 weeks from now).

The subject should say: "Here is your gift from Xbox LIVE‏"
It's the most nondescript thing ever, and might have automatically got sent to your junk mail.

ggs kittens, monsterfacas, Franklinaut

zlatko

Banned
I had some seriously shitty games tonight. Was the first night since I bought the game that I got pissed off.

I had a game where our team is about to steam roll the other on Dominion, then black screen. Wait 30 seconds, game comes back, I'm dead, team is all dead, and we just lost. Seems like a lag switch to me...idk what the hell else could've caused all that.

Then I had laggy games tonight where teleporting was afoot. When the game felt non laggy and normal, there was just so many 1v1 shoot outs where I'd shoot first not miss the dome for the my succesful shots each time, yet lose out as if this mother fucker slipped in a bullet I never saw.

If I have one complaint about this game too that makes me want to punch yawning kittens, it'd be that melee is a fucking joke. I've had SO SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO many moments of being FACE TO FACE next to fucks as I hit melee only for it whiff. Come ON! :mad:

Luckily the last 5ish or so games I played of SWAT to make up for all the crappy CTF and Dominin made me feel good when I rained death and went 32 and 12, or 30 and 18. :D

malfcn

Finished my solo on legendary. Still bummed how the boss went down. But the music leading up to was epic. And the credit music was fantastic.

zlatko

Banned
So is the free gift email ONLY the specializations unlock? Nothing else with it? If so I'm giving it to my friend who didn't get LE.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Big Team Infinity Slayer on Longbow

Ordinance 1: OS, Needler, Sticky Grenades
Ordinance 2: OS, Sticky Grenades, Sticky Detonator
Ordinance 3: Speed Boost, Concussion Rifle, Sticky Detonator

Enemy team: Sniper sniper sniper sniper sniper sniper

rakka

Big Team Infinity Slayer on Longbow

Ordinance 1: OS, Needler, Sticky Grenades
Ordinance 2: OS, Sticky Grenades, Sticky Detonator
Ordinance 3: Speed Boost, Concussion Rifle, Sticky Detonator

Enemy team: Sniper sniper sniper sniper sniper sniper

just adapt to it bro. change is new and fresh. ordnance evens the playing field.

eggheads

Enfinit

After playing Spartan Ops for the umpteenth time, I can fully say Sarah Palmer is the most annoying, irritating, and obnoxious character in the history of the Halo franchise.

Looking back at the article with Kiki Wolfkill and Bonnie Ross, where they mention sexism in video games, they stated the following:

...developers have a responsibility to stamp out this behaviour by putting more thought into how their games will be perceived…

Yea, ok, so they make Sarah Palmer the most obnoxious feminist-heavy I'm-never-going-to-put-my-helmet-on-so-you're-constantly-reminded-I'm-a-woman-and-I'm-just-as-good-as-any-man character. She literally shits on and disrespects every person around her, including Master Chief (i.e. "I thought you'd be taller"), the Spartans she commands (the constant insults towards any team that's not Crimson), and the scientists she works with (I tend to believe those "eggheads" are far more intelligent than herself).

I sit here and think to myself how the fuck she even became a Commander when she gives herself a raging boner at the sound of her own voice. Seriously, fuck her. I feel like her being a big bad independent woman is being shoved down my throat anytime dialogue comes up in Spartan Ops. But yea, 343i hates sexism.

In addition, this has nothing to do with her being a woman.

Ken

After playing Spartan Ops for the umpteenth time, I can fully say Sarah Palmer is the most annoying, irritating, and obnoxious character in the history of the Halo franchise.

Looking back at the article with Kiki Wolfkill and Bonnie Ross, where they mention sexism in video games, they stated the following:

Yea, ok, so they make Sarah Palmer the most obnoxious feminist-heavy I'm-never-going-to-put-my-helmet-on-so-you're-constantly-reminded-I'm-a-woman-and-I'm-just-as-good-as-any-man character. She literally shits on and disrespects every person around her, including Master Chief (i.e. "I thought you'd be taller"), the Spartans she commands (the constant insults towards any team that's not Crimson), and the scientists she works with (I tend to believe those "eggheads" are far more intelligent than herself).

I sit here and think to myself how the fuck she even became a Commander when she gives herself a raging boner at the sound of her own voice. Seriously, fuck her. I feel like her being a big bad independent woman is being shoved down my throat anytime dialogue comes up in Spartan Ops. But yea, 343i hates sexism.

I thought she doesn't put on her helmet because she's, you know, a named character. Refer to Gears of War female cast.

FyreWulff

I don't think she's anything feminist.. they've been starting to take helmets off Spartans to show off their face tech / help people keep track of who's who.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Ridiculous: Restricting players to only 2 Specializations at launch.

Ridiculouser: Holding the others hostage to sell you early access by purchasing the LE - releasing the others "at a later date".

Ridiculousest: Emailing codes out to unlock Specializations and not just unlocking them for everyone.

Ken

Ridiculousest: Emailing codes out to unlock Specializations and not just unlocking them for everyone.

That's because they're gifts! Not a part of the experience of vanilla Halo 4, duh!
Here's your free gift
from Xbox LIVE

Thanks for being an Xbox LIVE member. You’ve earned a free gift. Just follow the instructions below, and you can download it immediately.*

FyreWulff

Ridiculouser: Holding the others hostage to sell you early access by purchasing the LE - releasing the others "at a later date".

I'd laugh if the backend only works by giving people codes.

So yeah, I just found something out (quote)

Omni

Yea, ok, so they make Sarah Palmer the most obnoxious feminist-heavy I'm-never-going-to-put-my-helmet-on-so-you're-constantly-reminded-I'm-a-woman-and-I'm-just-as-good-as-any-man character.
Obviously that's your opinion, but I see it as trying to build her character. I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that she's a female.

She literally shits on and disrespects every person around her, including Master Chief (i.e. "I thought you'd be taller"),
Man, you must be so awkward in real life. That was obviously a joke. Hell, she smirked at him before saying it

the Spartans she commands (the constant insults towards any team that's not Crimson),
Because commanding officers in the real life military don't yell and boss around the people below them in rank. Everyone holds hands and sings songs by the fire.

and the scientists she works with (I tend to believe those "eggheads" are far more intelligent than herself).
Again, this happens in real life too. Army guys will talk shit about those in the Air force and Navy; Navy guys will talk shit about guys in the Army and Air force and whatever else.
Does she say "egghead" a little too much? Sure. But other than that it really isn't a problem.

I don't know why you keep making this about the sex of the character. Not once has there ever been any kind of remark (or even hinted at) that Palmer considers herself better because she's a woman or whatever. Not once.

Seriously dude.

Omni

Seriously, dude, it's, just, like, my, opinion, dude. (Sorry, if I type awkwardly, I'm just trying to reflect, my awkwardness in real life, through text.)

Gosh, you just make me feel bad about myself. :-(
Obviously I didn't mean it literally, I just thought it was really, really, really obvious that she was joking. :)

Anyway. I can understand not liking Sarah Palmer as a character (I actually like her, but that's just me)... What I really don't understand is the 'sexism' like you stated.

Enfinit

Anyway. I can understand not liking Sarah Palmer as a character (I actually like her, but that's just me)... What I really don't understand is the 'sexism' like you stated.

There are those who see it and those who don't, I guess. Too me she seems like the epitome of a stereotypical woman who constantly needs to validate her place in a society that's dominated by men.

But at the end of the day, who really gives a shit. It's just a video game, right?

Apparently.
Yes, there is. Some people enjoy following along (isn't the entire purpose of Spartans Ops to "continue" the story of the UNSC Infinity + company?), and some attempt to become invested in the story, for what's the point of playing Spartan Ops if you're not interested in the story? For achievements? XP? Just to say you completed it? I can't say the latter three options reflect what Spartan Ops was designed for. But yea, guess I'm/we're just not suppose to take it "seriously." What a bunch of dumb nerds.

Ramirez

Yes, there is. Some people enjoy following along (isn't the entire purpose of Spartans Ops to "continue" the story of the UNSC Infinity + company?), and some attempt to become invested in the story, for what's the point of playing Spartan Ops if you're not interested in the story? For achievements? XP? Just to say you completed it? I can't say the latter three options reflect what Spartan Ops was designed for. But yea, guess I'm/we're just not suppose to take it "seriously." What a bunch of dumb nerds.

Now you're getting it.

Anyone seen sltpoison? I have a design I want nailed out.

I played online but didn't get a code? Da fuck?

Is it because I used the free XBL provided with the game? oh for fucks sake please tell me I'll still get the specializations.

Obviously I didn't mean it literally, I just thought it was really, really, really obvious that she was joking. :)

Maybe not sexism, but she's a walking stereotype almost as bad as the cole train.
Kat was a well-written female character, she held her own in a squad of men without having to be insulting and obnoxious all the time.

Top Bottom