• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

The Del Rio plotline doesn't seem finished, looks more like a set-up.

The Gravemind will grab him and you'll enjoy 5-6 gripping campaign missions in Halo 5 where you yell through your kinect to command troops. The challenge arises when you realise nobody listens to your shit no more.

Really, it's a voyage of self discovery from the perspective of an old military vet in a modern world.

Coming fall 2013.

my top 10 in no particular order (since everyone seems to be doing it)
1. construct
2. warlock
3. midship
4. lockout
5. pit
6. guardian
7. turf
8. beaver creek
9. sanctuary
10. colossus

(too early to put in any halo 4 maps. no standout reach maps. never played ce competitively)

TheOddOne

The Gravemind will grab him and you'll enjoy 5-6 gripping campaign missions in Halo 5 where you yell through your kinect to command troops. The challenge arises when you realise nobody listens to your shit no more.

Really, it's a voyage of self discovery from the perspective of an old military vet in a modern world.

Coming fall 2013.
SOLD.

GhaleonEB

it's one of the first things Lasky mentions when Infinity returns to help the Chief.

"Midnight" on youtube - 3:09

Ah. I don't remember that line at all, I think I was too busy raging about that sequence in the game. :lol

Thanks. Still too much of a throwaway moment, given how important the character was and how critical that scene proved to be. But at least it was addressed and not ignored as I had thought.

So game night was last night. Played Halo 4. About an hour into the night, three of the four guys playing with me - the ones I mentioned earlier, asking what tips to give them so they'll like the game, and life-long Halo fans and big Reach players - say 'fuck it, this game is no fun' because of their K/Ds and jump over to...

...MW3.

For the rest of the night.

WTF.

Yep pretty much my situation as well, but it happened in the first week. Didn't really expect anything else since they always complained about how the ghost was overpowered, and the DMR would kill them with "one bullet" in the first couple of games.

raindoc

Thanks. Still too much of a throwaway moment, given how important the character was and how critical that scene proved to be. But at least it was addressed and not ignored as I had thought.

imo Del Rio was important solely for that one scene. a stereotype character with no background that served his role. he went like he came and i'm good with it.

I was wondering what happened as well, he's just kind of dropped from the campaign. Where do we learn about the fallout?

It's actually during the campaign,
when you're in the broadwsword in the Mantle's Approach's shields and you make contact with Infinity, Lasky mentions that he's in charge now, as FLEETCOM didn't like the decisions Del Rio made on Requiem.

Sai-kun

Banned
I was wondering what happened as well, he's just kind of dropped from the campaign. Where do we learn about the fallout?

The beginning section of the 8th level, when
Chief contacts the Infinity again, and Lasky says something to the effect of "The higher ups didn't agree with his decision to leave you on Requiem, so I'm in charge now"

edit: beaten ;(

Yep pretty much my situation as well, but it happened in the first week. Didn't really expect anything else since they always complained about how the ghost was overpowered, and the DMR would kill them with "one bullet" in the first couple of games.

Same thing they say about the DMR. My K/D is over 2.0, and theirs are all under 1. We all had very similar K/Ds in Reach. I don't think they're trying. They talk a lot about buying into Black Ops 2 these days.

so...did no one post this? ellis retweeted it

BVMUk.png

He is "Lead Designer, Halo 4 Infinity @ 343 Industries"

Are they really planning to rely on forge to give us our small map fix?

:(

Finally getting to ODST... so why didn't Bungie keep that FoV going forward?
Hell, why did they ever sink to Halo 3's abominable FOV in the first place? I wish they would've patched Halo 3 with a better FOV after ODST or something because it's seriously disorienting and one of the primary reasons it's so hard to get back into. Game's all tunnel vision.

Pop

So I tried H4 again after a week of not playing and I just can't find it exciting. Only thing as of right now that I can stand is Slayer Pro.

We need Classic playlist fast.

Is anyone else surprised at the push BTB-style gameplay is getting in Halo 4? I never thought BTB was the flagship part of MP, I always considered 4v4 arena style gameplay to be the flagship.

Is anyone else surprised at the push BTB-style gameplay is getting in Halo 4? I never thought BTB was the flagship part of MP, I always considered 4v4 arena style gameplay to be the flagship.
BTB CTF was my main draw for Halo, but I was mostly into Halo PC. Haven't really cared about CTF since CE because of all the detrimental changes to the flag carrier.

u4iX

List time? List time

In no order besides Midship being the greatest ever.

Midship
Lockout
The Pit
Narrows
Beaver Creek
Prisoner
Warlock
Sanctuary
Construct
And if you put a gun to my head to pick a 10th, MLG Zealot

List time! (no order)

1. Chill Out
  2. Damnation
  3. Prisoner
  4. Derelict
  5. Midship
  6. Lockout
  7. Warlock
  8. Beaver Creek
  9. The Pit
  10. Powerhouse

List time? List time

In no order besides Midship being the greatest ever.

Midship
Lockout
The Pit
Narrows
Beaver Creek
Prisoner
Warlock
Sanctuary
Construct
And if you put a gun to my head to pick a 10th, MLG Zealot

Lists are neat:

1. Relic
2. Waterworks
3. Sidewinder
4. Standoff
5. Coagulation
6. Avalanche
7. Terminal
8. Turf
9. Sandtrap
10. Valhalla

Yes, I love BTB.

Nirvana

Actually, scratch that.

Top Ten:

1. Guardian
2. Lockout
3. The Pit
4. Midship/Heretic
5. Warlock
6. Avalanche/Sidewinder
7. Waterworks
8. Tombstone
9. Battle Creek/Beaver Creek
10.Coagulation/Blood Gulch

Also:

Ascension for Tower of Power
Foundation for Zombies
Headlong for Zombie Survival
Foundary for a slew of home-made zombie games
Elongation for SWAT
Turf, Zanazibar and Gemini for Hide and Seek
Turf, Zanzibar, Ascension, Burial Mounds, Lockout and Headlong for SUPERBOUNCING
Longshore occasionally for CTF
Terminal/Headlong/Ivory Tower for Clue
Terminal for Attic

Walking around with VISR reminds me of DE:HR, which is a good thing. Enjoying the soundtrack as well.

Hell, why did they ever sink to Halo 3's abominable FOV in the first place? I wish they would've patched Halo 3 with a better FOV after ODST or something because it's seriously disorienting and one of the primary reasons it's so hard to get back into. Game's all tunnel vision.

Jumped in for a few matches yesterday... Jesus. Ended up back on Reach lol

Thanks fo that link! Really wish they could have found a way to keep ODST's FOV :(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ah. I don't remember that line at all, I think I was too busy raging about that sequence in the game. :lol

GIVE ME THAT CHIP!!!!!!!!!

280px-Doritos.jpg

Even in the game doritos gate persists.

mhi

So 343 HAS to be told by people that they want small maps ?

Isn't everyone voting for Haven kinda of obvious ? Or are all the super advanced data collected still "inconclusive" ?

heckfu

Banned
So 343 HAS to be told by people that they want small maps ?

Isn't everyone voting for Haven kinda of obvious ? Or are all the super advanced data collected still "inconclusive" ?

343: shitty company for not including small maps
343: shitty company for listening to people and changing it.

-mhi

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
So.. wait they are putting small maps in MM but are not talking about forge maps? Do I get that right?
So new free maps? lol..

I can dream.

The two are not mutually exclusive. I'm sure Brad was just clarifying for folks that he wasn't JUST talking about select Forge offerings.

IHaveIce

Banned
The two are not mutually exclusive. I'm sure Brad was just clarifying for folks that he wasn't JUST talking about select Forge offerings.

Ah thanks for clearing this up David, also I have to say I'm pretty interested what you guys have for us at the VGAs regarding Spartan Ops.

But good thing, I hope Relay gets fast into MM the map is gold.

heckfu

Banned
If thats your interpretation

Selectively quoting to make it look like my opinion is almost as shitty as your reading comprehension.

Clearly my point was the motto around here for 343 from a lot of people is "Damned if you do, damned if you don't."

Ramirez

I played Relay for the first time yesterday in the GAF league, wasn't too impressed with it. I didn't like how there didn't seem to be a quick way to get back up to the top outer rim if you were on the ground level. You had to either run to one of the mid points to take a ramp, or take one of the ramps from the middle structure. Seems like a few lift placements would have been a good thing for it.

Top Bottom