• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Light Drifter [Kickstarter = Funded] Wii-U Stretch at 550K, Ends Oct 12

Draft

Does this art style have an accepted name? It feels like a solid number of games have this stylized pixelated look. Superbrothers, of course, and the new Super Giant game, this one, and I'm probably forgetting a few more.

It's like the cel shading of indie 2D games.

jwk94

Hyper Light is most likely coming o Vita/PS4

jJ03r8UMTz9Dj.PNG

Ryu

Oh Snap...

lMavZPB.jpg

[Reads top to bottom]

And who is @bigc_33?

f2RlH3k.jpg

Brian Silva, in charge of the Playstation Pub Fund and Manager of Developer Relations at SCEA.

Very excite!

[Edit - beaten!]

Cyklops

Neo Member
Like someone else mentioned in this tread, this KS will surely achieve all its current stretch goals by the next 12 hours. Let's see what HeartMachine comes up with as the next few stretch goals.

CRS

And pledged. That campfire scene and the rest of the environment reminded of Chrono Trigger. Can't wait for this.

RobotVM

I never back more than $20.00 as a rule but man I could not resist backing for $25.00 to get that beta access. This game looks amazing. I hope they add another goaled for Wii U.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So has anyone tracked down the specific track in the trailer?

Ceebs

Looks great. I do want to hear the co-op discussed a bit before I toss in some money (and maybe a $20 two pack tier as well).

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Clicked the page and saw Teknopants was involved, backed it for $10.

Actually watched the trailer, immediately upped it to $40.

Nifty, reminds me a lot of Radio the Universe, almost uncanny, though his is more a dark, earth tone palette. Like to see what stretch goal he's got planned beyond 100k, though.

Great to hear that Sony is already reaching out to the dev. I love seeing how quickly they are reacting to feedback. :)

Following big projects like this on Kickstarter is probably making it easier for them. There are tons of exciting games in the indie scene at the moment, and Sony reaching out and keeping relations hoping with them all is probably enough work for a team of people at the moment. I wonder if the got in touch with Matt 'Jobbs' White regarding Ghost Song too. I know he said his preference was to Nintendo initially, but I would bloody love to play these games on my Vita.

Ryu

Stretch goals updated:

684793aecb8a276d3547220f92a137ef_large.gif

The PSVIta/PS4 tier will be at $15 and you will be able to upgrade if you donated $10.

[Edit] - It broke 100k in just over a day so I don't think 220k will be TOO difficult, but lets hope not. Hiring more people for faster development time is probably one of the best stretch goals I've seen in a KS campaign in awhile.

The PSVIta/PS4 tier will be at $15 and you will be able to upgrade if you donated $10.

[Edit] - It broke 100k in just over a day so I don't think 220k will be TOO difficult, but lets hope not. Hiring more people for faster development time is probably one of the best stretch goals I've seen in a KS campaign in awhile.

I'll up to $15 when the option is there.

Definitely, this KS has done everything right imo. A normal initial goal, no massive tier distancing for basic features, no mystery about platforms, regular communication and a real face... and being awesome.

Ryu

I'll up to $15 when the option is there.

Definitely, this KS has done everything right imo. A normal initial goal, no massive tier distancing for basic features, no mystery about platforms, regular communication and a real face... and being awesome.

And no ridiculous amounts of physical reward tiers. Keep those rewards digital and easily distributive on the cheap.

Coiote

$220k?

Welp. They are using it to speed the other goals. I don't mind though, because I know that at this rate they will reach it and the game will be better for it. I hope he is thinking about another stretch goals, they will surely need it.

Backed!

Gbraga

I wonder how extended this intro is. I have no idea about how much those things cost to imagine the amount of animation he can make with 20k

CRS

Too bad they're a small team and physical items are difficult for them. I would love it if a physical artbook and/or OST was added as a stretch goal. Maybe at the $200k level.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Terrible name.
Amazing everything else.

I'm in for $75.
The Vita/PS4 news is just icing on the cake, already.

The perspective of the outdoor scenes seems a bit off (tiles vs player avatar), but other than that it looks promising. My only concern is the actual gameplay, as like Swords & Sworcery their hype video is focused more on atmosphere.

Top Bottom