• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 |OT| PS Vita Finally Joins the Moe Moe Console Wars

Tohsaka

My copy shipped earlier, should be here tomorrow. I'm going to try to platinum this version, I didn't bother on PS3 because of how shitty the combat was.

flohen95

Having recently played the original, I'm tempted to buy this. Portability and battle system overhaul make it an interesting prospect. Though I'll probably wait until it's a bit cheaper since I technically already played the game (and have to import it, too. I already miss NISA publishing this and hope that IFI sort this out for their next releases).

e_i

Having recently played the original, I'm tempted to buy this. Portability and battle system overhaul make it an interesting prospect. Though I'll probably wait until it's a bit cheaper since I technically already played the game (and have to import it, too. I already miss NISA publishing this and hope that IFI sort this out for their next releases).

So this version had it's battle system overhauled? Anything else new with this version?

Volcynika

Oh god the shares in Mk2 drove me nuts--not too bad if you know exactly what you're doing, but nerve-wracking for a first playthrough. I'd personally recommend just ignoring it if it's still a big factor, it was easy enough to replay/load an earlier save and screw with stuff in Mk2 and it had like a butt ton of endings.

At least one of the Mk2 endings was both amazing and extreeeeeemely depressing. ;_;

So can I get that LE from Amazon¿

Yes, from IF's Amazon Marketplace store at 12AM PDT. I don't have the link on-hand though, it was posted on their FB I'm pretty sure.

flohen95

So this version had it's battle system overhauled? Anything else new with this version?

I remember reading that it uses a new script and has some story changes, but I'm not sure on that. But yeah, they took the battle system from the latest installment (Victory). It also includes some of the original's DLC iirc.

SerTapTap

So can I get that LE from Amazon¿

Yes, at midnight

I think it's got re-done localization (which is odd, the other games at least have solid localization to start with) and updated voice acting and some other new stuff . Apparently there's new DLC characters like Peashy and...Histoire, somehow.
Hopefully it's adult only Peashy not...weird Peashy

At least one of the Mk2 endings was both amazing and extreeeeeemely depressing. ;_;

That was some hardcore WTF, props to them for being ballsy I guess.

SerTapTap

Do we have any details on now Mk2 rebirth is being handled? I wonder if they've removed the infamous...Dogoo scene.

Whoa thanks! Though I dunno if paying 58$ buck for all that is actually worth it.

It's only $18 over the normal edition, so judge accordingly. I'm going to get it because Fancybox and the Vita case I'll never use because it's not a slip-in case. Oh how I wish my Prinny Hero PSP case fit my Vita.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I have a Labor Day trip coming up.

For those who have played it... will I be embarrassed to play this on a crowded airplane?

SerTapTap

For those who have played it... will I be embarrassed to play this on a crowded airplane?

A little? Depends if you hit any of Those Scenes (see the first pic in the gallery), those are pretty rare, and other than that, about the worst you'll see are the "magical girl" esque CPU forms. Normal combat isn't ridiculously fanservicy if you're not keeping a close eye on it.

flohen95

Depends on you, really. I can see it being embarrasing, but personally, I don't mind. Though I've played Senran Kagura Burst on the train/bus before, so take my word as you will.

Let's just say that you might end up seeing under the skirt of whatever character you choose to run around with in dungeons and that there are some CGs that might be a bit too risqué for you. ...You will probably get some weird looks.

Still haven't bought a Vita because I don't know why, otherwise I'd be all over this.

5pb's absence is aggravating. Lowee for life, Blanc is best, etc.

TRI Mike

Do we have any details on now Mk2 rebirth is being handled? I wonder if they've removed the infamous...Dogoo scene.

It's only $18 over the normal edition, so judge accordingly. I'm going to get it because Fancybox and the Vita case I'll never use because it's not a slip-in case. Oh how I wish my Prinny Hero PSP case fit my Vita.

Yeah I might end up getting it after all. The extra content looks nice and I know those will be expensive as hell in a few years. Especially if the Vita ends up actually dying.

SerTapTap

Yeah I might end up getting it after all. The extra content looks nice and I know those will be expensive as hell in a few years. Especially if the Vita ends up actually dying.

Print run will be small regardless, it's going to be expensive no matter how long it takes for Vita's support to be ended. This is why I've been buying more limited editions lately. That and the fact I have a huge problem

Volcynika

Does the US version of the game have Japanese voices or should I order the asian version with English subs ? Thanks !

Dual voiceovers in the game.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K6ZNX3K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

"Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 offers a joke-filled storyline that pokes fun at the gaming industry. Each collaboration character is a personified version of the "actual" company it represents. Enjoy in-game English & Japanese voices."

Print run will be small regardless, it's going to be expensive no matter how long it takes for Vita's support to be ended. This is why I've been buying more limited editions lately. That and the fact I have a huge problem

Yeah, 1K units only due to the availability of that NepNep strap thing (apparently it was from the JP LE or something too?). It will actually be limited!

fek

LE will be mine. Excited to play the first game again, I actually enjoyed the ps3 version except for the soundtrack.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Gamestop said i can pick this game up at midnight with all the madden bros. reminds of last year when I picked up Hatsune Miku amidst all the madden bros.

Mononoke

Banned
Well I'm in. My first entry into the series was PP (big mistake), but this has gotten a lot of really good reviews so I'm giving the series another go. I really liked PP's English Dub cast too, so this should be fun.

Ibuki

Banned
Gamestop said i can pick this game up at midnight with all the madden bros. reminds of last year when I picked up Hatsune Miku amidst all the madden bros.

You should but we should still play CS.

In other on topic news... i made up my mind, 100% sure I'm gonna try to grab Dat LE.

I just got a Vita so I could get this, earlier this year I finished Victory which was my first Neptunia game and enjoyed the humor and characters a lot(Plutia being my favorite by a mile).

But I really disliked the repeated enemy design and basically going through the same 3-5 dungeons a million times and fighting the same bosses... so I still don't know if I want this game or maybe I'll wait for a price cut.

Yasumi

Banned
Was going to get the LE, but I got my preordered regular edition shipping notification from Bestbuy. Might hold off if it actually arrives tomorrow.
Apparently there's new DLC characters like Peashy and...Histoire, somehow.
Hopefully it's adult only Peashy not...weird Peashy
Also Plutia. And it's the same Peashy from V, so regular child form and, uh, big CPU mode.

baekshi

Banned
I just got a Vita so I could get this, earlier this year I finished Victory which was my first Neptunia game and enjoyed the humor and characters a lot(Plutia being my favorite by a mile).

But I really disliked the repeated enemy design and basically going through the same 3-5 dungeons a million times and fighting the same bosses... so I still don't know if I want this game or maybe I'll wait for a price cut.

So you got a vita for this but aren't sure if you want this game.....

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Humor is better, enemies/dungeons are not.

Rocky

Banned
So no Gust, or Nisa or 5PB in this one? Did they get the VAs back for this at least? Melissa Fahn was great in the PS3 games.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I want the LE but gotta wait till I get paid. You guys think the LE will be like $100 or something in a few months? How rare is it?

Tapejara

Question:

This game has characters that appeared in Mk2 and Victory, correct? How much of those games will I have needed to play to enjoy this? I platinum'd the original PS3 game so I'm familiar enough with the story, but are there any references to the sequels that will fly over my head?

I want the LE but gotta wait till I get paid. You guys think the LE will be like $100 or something in a few months? How rare is it?

They're only printing 1000 copies of the LE.

chrono01

There's going to only be 1000 of them total, so it will be pretty rare.

I can see it easily doubling in-price, perhaps even more, given the demand of previous Hyperdimension Neptunia Limited Editions.

chrono01

I don't even want to imagine how difficult it is going to be for me to get one of these LE's, but I'll be damned if I don't try.
It shouldn't be too bad. Just be there when the page refreshes at 12AM PST and you should be fine. I don't see it lasting more than an hour or so, but I don't think it will magically sell out within one/two minutes.

At least, I hope not. O_O

TRI Mike

Before it comes out I have a last question. I still don't have PP and am considering buying the regular edition of Rebirth for 40$ + PP for 30 for a total of 70$. Does that look better than just getting the Rebirth LE for 57$¿

TRI Mike

Not sure, but expect it to be quite expensive. I live in Venezuela but have an FPO address in Miami where I send all my Amazon stuff. Then they carry them over here for a cheap price.

It shouldn't be too bad. Just be there when the page refreshes at 12AM PST and you should be fine. I don't see it lasting more than an hour or so, but I don't think it will magically sell out within one/two minutes.

At least, I hope not. O_O

Will the page refresh automatically, or do I have to actually refresh the page?

I can't purchase this from work and I don't have a smartphone, so I have someone doing it for me, and this person isn't exactly interwebs savvy. >_>

Top Bottom