• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 |OT| PS Vita Finally Joins the Moe Moe Console Wars

Shizuka

Will the page refresh automatically, or do I have to actually refresh the page?

I can't purchase this from work and I don't have a smartphone, so I have someone doing it for me, and this person isn't exactly interwebs savvy. >_>

I think that in these cases, you have to refresh.

chrono01

I can't purchase this from work and I don't have a smartphone, so I have someone doing it for me, and this person isn't exactly interwebs savvy. >_>
Yeah, you'll need to refresh the page manually for it to show up.

Just hit that F5 key!

Do we have an indication of the shipping price for international orders?

If Amazon handles the shipping, probably around $15-17 to Canada based on my last purchase ($10 shipping + handling and $5-7 import fees).

Already did.

It's still not available. What do I do¿ Regular Rebirth + PP or just LE Rebirth¿

Depends of what you want. The LE will probably have some resale value or keep as a collector item if you care about that stuff. For regular editions, you get two games instead of one though they probably aren't disappearing any time soon so you can pick them up and save more whenever they go on sale if you can wait.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Might get the LE. I want a Vita case and I like the one included. Don't have much of a use for the photo or keychain though.

Longevity and Grinding for SAO.
Humor and moe for Neptunia.

aah, I still can't decide. don't care much for moe, but I like humor and light hearted games., but I like longevity and don't mind grinding too as long as it has an end point.

how about this, which one has the more fun and interesting characters? I find interesting characters are more important than story plot etc in a game and as long as the gameplay is solid, the characters alone are usually enought to motivate me to keep playing till the ending.

Drayco21

Pre-Ordered, but it'll probably be a few days before I can actually pick it up- excited to finally play it though. This is the first time Idea Factory is actually doing the localization, right? Curious how it'll compare to the NISA scripts.

So you got a vita for this but aren't sure if you want this game.....

haha sorry my english isn't perfect as I'm not a native speaker, I meant to say that I bought a Vita so I could get the game if I wanted, as in me having the choice to buy it or not.

I do want the sisters game as I really liked Nepgear in Victory.

NotEasy

aah, I still can't decide. don't care much for moe, but I like humor and light hearted games., but I like longevity and don't mind grinding too as long as it has an end point.

how about this, which one has the more fun and interesting characters? I find interesting characters are more important than story plot etc in a game and as long as the gameplay is solid, the characters alone are usually enought to motivate me to keep playing till the ending.

did you enjoy the SAO anime?then go for SAO game but it's really grind.

not sure if i'll get the physical version of rebirth,80$ here on my country but i have all neptunia games in disk. :(

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
how about this, which one has the more fun and interesting characters? I find interesting characters are more important than story plot etc in a game and as long as the gameplay is solid, the characters alone are usually enough to motivate me to keep playing till the ending.
Neither are interesting, SAO has shallow characters so unless you really liked them in the anime, the game will do nothing for you. Similarly, Neptunia characters are 1-dimensional, but Neptune's humor and voice are amazing throughout the whole game. For what it's worth SAO has better gameplay as Neptunia's battle system is very same-y; unless you like looking at animations, you'll be pounding the skip button. In SAO, you gotta grind for everything if you are a person that likes unlocking every single thing.

Lockon

What's the differences between Vita version and the old PS3 version? Any new contents? And are character DLCs included or we have to buy them again?

Drayco21

What's the differences between Vita version and the old PS3 version? Any new contents? And are character DLCs included or we have to buy them again?

The core gameplay system is completely overhauled to be more like Victory, there are significantly more party members and numerous other new features. There are almost certainly going to be tons of DLC because this is a Neptunia game, but the content is a lot more than the first ps3 game.

cj_iwakura

These are B games - loaded with inuendo and trashy.

Somehow, I still play them, cuz I'm desperate for JRPGs.

Which makes me sad. You'd think people can't be that desperate for JRPGs to support IF, but they sell, so... I've known they were hacks since Chaos Wars, but they're smart enough to hide behind other brands like Compile Heart.

Neither are interesting, SAO has shallow characters so unless you really liked them in the anime, the game will do nothing for you. Similarly, Neptunia characters are 1-dimensional, but Neptune's humor and voice are amazing throughout the whole game. For what it's worth SAO has better gameplay as Neptunia's battle system is very same-y; unless you like looking at animations, you'll be pounding the skip button. In SAO, you gotta grind for everything if you are a person that likes unlocking every single thing.
Hmm, I think I'll go for SAO, gameplay is more important after all, maybe later I'll get neptunia if I can find it for cheap

page should be up by midnight, 12:05 at the latest.

vireland

Six hours¿ isn't 12 Pacific Time like... right now¿ (I live in Latin America so bear with me please.)

You can google a place and put "Time" after it and it will give you local time for anywhere in the world, pretty much. Washington (home to Amazon) is a little tricky because you have to ask for "Washington state" or it defaults to Washington DC, 3 hours ahead.

SerTapTap

Pre-Ordered, but it'll probably be a few days before I can actually pick it up- excited to finally play it though. This is the first time Idea Factory is actually doing the localization, right? Curious how it'll compare to the NISA scripts.

Wasn't Monster Monpiece all done by IF? It's localization was fine. Incredibly boring, but the localization team isn't at fault there.

edit:

I... kinda want to try this even tho I know I shouldn't. Help me :(.

If people can enjoy Camp there's no reason it's not okay to like games like this. It is often genuinely funny and the combat is pretty fun. That's plenty enough reason to get it for me.

Not sure why a few are popping into the thread just to whine about the game.

TRI Mike

I'm still considering skipping the LE and use the extra money to buy me HyperNep PP. Maybe paying 70$ for the two games is a better choice¿

chrono01

f0hvb.gif

SerTapTap

Goddamit IF, not even on time?

Edit: got it. Amazon decided to use the wrong address until I edited it. Guess nothing can gosmooth at 2 am

Top Bottom