• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

mercviper

Yeah Astro has been killing it in a lot of games.

People need to start keeping their neighbors in check, haha. If the guy beside you has an assload of points maybe try to do something about that :p

I started to but then slacker parked a 5 ship fleet in the GDC for me to worry about!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Fucking crushed. 14-1. I feel so stupid and I'm frankly pissed I did something so stupid.

I usually enjoy playing even in a loss, but not this game.

Hahah yep it's happened to all of us. One or two misplaces early on in NH and you can be toast. But at least we both get to make the playoffs! :D

Heel

Added Agricola to our handy spreadsheet, though I think we've reached the point where we've all added each other for the most part and can see who is playing what...haha. :)

I started to but then slacker parked a 5 ship fleet in the GDC for me to worry about!

Haha yeah, sometimes that will happen, owning the GC is tricky. In another game I'm in I have to go into the CzarTims GC to try to get to Astro and his ~40 points. But I don't think I could make a dent there, so I'm just gonna bug Tim and try for a comeback win :p. it's round 9 though so I think I'm fucked. Haha.

Hahah yep it's happened to all of us. One or two misplaces early on in NH and you can be toast. But at least we both get to make the playoffs! :D

Yeah. The difference is in the match I lost to smiley, he got some good tiles early and used them effectively which killed me and that was fine. But in our game it was pretty much over as soon as I stuck my HQ in the centre, it's way to hard to defend against a ranged team like that when I'm in the middle getting it from all sides. Haha.

I lost with my first tile and that sucks ass.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Not sure I'm liking this mandatory Playdek account for multiplayer stuff... It works so well with gamecenter... This has the potential to ruin everything by complicating friendlists massively. Why have you forsaken us Playdek :/

(On my phone, can't copy the news text)

Not sure I'm liking this mandatory Playdek account for multiplayer stuff... It works so well with gamecenter... This has the potential to ruin everything by complicating friendlists massively. Why have you forsaken us Playdek :/

(On my phone, can't copy the news text)

Hmm, that doesnt sound good.

Being on your phone isnt a good excuse, I post some of the tournament stuff with my phone.

Smiley90

Hmm, that doesnt sound good.

Being on your phone isnt a good excuse, I post some of the tournament stuff with my phone.

the facebook app for some reason won't let me copy-paste though :(

Anyway, home now, here's the news:

Hi all,

We want to give you a heads up regarding playing Agricola online.

After working directly with Apple concerning our proprietary online platform, as well as building support for our future plans, we have implemented Playdek accounts for our online game servers. Having a Playdek account will be required to play Agricola online. This platform change was integrated as we worked through the approval process with Apple, and we are grateful for their support and guidance. Going forward, all of our titles will support the new Playdek online system and accounts.

In order to create an account, you'll need to provide a valid email address and a password. A message will be sent to that email address in order to activate your account. We are hoping to connect your new account with your player record from our previous titles. This will allow you to use the same account across all of our titles as the other games are updated. If you have purchased any of our previous games, you'll want to log in to one of those games today before you create an account in Agricola. This will reserve your existing user name for your use in the system. Then create a Playdek account with the same user name and we should be able to associate your previous record. If you create an account with the same username and you're told that the username is already in use, then we haven't successfully connected you with your existing player record.

If you have any problems or questions, please contact support@playdekgames.com for assistance.

Thanks, and Happy Farming!

Smiley90

Huh, weird. Log into an existing PlayDek game? None of those have special profile things, I dont understand how that would work.

That's what they're saying though, they WILL get them. I think. That's how I see it at least.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
They made an announcement about it a while back I think. One identity across your Playdek games, and now as you can see they have ratings for Agricola and I think they talked about launching other community stuff too (can't find the announcement offhand). Something like being able to span the next turn button across games and stuff maybe? That would actually be really nice. Eclipse needs a next game button so bad (tangentially). GameCenter does the bare minimum like enabling multiplayer and basic leaderboards but it's pretty gimped. Carc for example had a way better async experience than Lost Cities, which relied entirely on GC.

Smiley90

As we talk about this, Nightfall servers are down... probably as Agricola is coming on? Anyway, can't really "sign in" for that profile stuff if servers are down lol.

DukeSucks

I had logged into ascension before Agricola to keep the same username, but it's still saying username is taken. Guess I'll just wait til morning and try again

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
My Agricola's gonna be really rusty...haven't played a game in months. Can't wait to get the online games going! ;P

Smiley90

Waiting on my beta tester gift copy so might be a little lttp. :p

Beta testers get free copies? I rejected my beta test invite because I was too busy and wanted to give the chance to other people who had more time to play... Now that's biting me in the ass!

Beta testers get free copies? I rejected my beta test invite because I was too busy and wanted to give the chance to other people who had more time to play... Now that's biting me in the ass!

7 dollars, better take out a loan!!

I understand it would suck to miss out on a free copy :p

XiaNaphryz

Servers look like they're back up.

My username is the same as here, XiaNaphryz

Let's get some games going. :p

Smiley90

Servers look like they're back up.

My username is the same as here, XiaNaphryz

Let's get some games going. :p

You show up despite me not having to "add" you with my PlayDek account, so it seems like it still kind of works via GameCenter, at least. Sweet!

Flynn

I wish GameCenter was more robust so developers wouldn't be forced to make their own account systems. ANYWAY.

Add Triphibian. Let's farm.

Do people show up with their GC ID or with the nick they signed in with?
I can see RaySpencer and Smiley90.
I chose superrobot as my nick. Will I appear as Diesel Pioneer or superrobot?

Signed 'A confused peasant'

I havent checked in game, but the invite I saw was from superrobot. so it looks like its the name you create.

Edit: Also, if your seeing Smiley as Smiley90 instead of Smiley1790 then its definitely the name you create.

Smiley90

You show up as superrobot.

XiaNaphryz

You show up despite me not having to "add" you with my PlayDek account, so it seems like it still kind of works via GameCenter, at least. Sweet!

Odd, I don't see any of you guys unless I add you manually. Is there a GameCenter sync somewhere I'm not seeing?

Odd, I don't see any of you guys unless I add you manually. Is there a GameCenter sync somewhere I'm not seeing?
Same here. (Other than Smiley and Ray)
Maybe it's linked to logging in or playing the other Playdek games.

Anyway, Oh noes! What should I do! Too many cards.

DukeSucks

It wouldn't let me use my GC name, so I'm in as DukeSucks. Although most (all?) of you already show up. Started a game with robot, so we'll see if I can figure this game out

Kosh

I signed up as Kosh. Been a while since I've played Agricola. Used to own a hard copy, may need to hit the tutorial one time to refresh my memory.

It wouldn't let me use my GC name, so I'm in as DukeSucks. Although most (all?) of you already show up. Started a game with robot, so we'll see if I can figure this game out

30 minutes!

Yikes - speed Agricola. I'm likely to spend that long looking at my cards :p
Glad they have a 45day limit too :)

Edit: I win! Time to retire with a perfect record.

Li Kao

Well thanks for the unecessery level of annoyance added.
I have still to invite people as friends on gc, because some never gave theirs, some are outdated, and once done many people don't reference their gaf name in it. Now I have another level of bullshit tofight through : nobody is appearing in my Playdek friend list, so adding time. Yes but... if smiley90 appeared immediately after entering his nick (with a little red light at the side, waiting for confirmation maybe ?) , Xia Naphriz didn't appear at all.

It's a minor annoyance but creating a gc clone in game maybe wasn't the brightest idea ever.

Slacker

Added everyone who mentioned their Agricola name:

XiaNaphryz
Triphibian
RaySpencer
Smiley90
superrobot
DukeSucks
AstroLad (guessing that's his name)
Kosh

I'm Slacker on there. Give me a day to work through the tutorials and I'll be ready to rock. Maybe tonight.

Li Kao

Ok I must have entered one unneeded space in XiaNaphriz, but now AstroLad won't join my list. Tried AstroLad and Astrolad.

Top Bottom