• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

So me and Smiley had a little Eclipse battle, the outcome wasn't the most exciting but the shit that led up to it was awesome. Haha.

My stuff:
0UNOq3k.jpg

Just a couple missles.....

Smileys stuff:

Only a couple defense measures....

Well lets fight! It's the last round anyway, who gives a fuck!

Uhhhh......hmmm, I thought he woulda dodged more...but he still survived :(

Oooops! There was more? Oh shit... Sorry smiley!

there was actually 3 rounds of missles, I was just caught off guard and missed them :(

Huh....

Where did all orange ships in the middle go?

Ohh....

Never mind!

GG Smiley.

Edit: The pictures of our stuff is actually wrong, I had 2 sets of missiles on my Interceptors too. I think Smileys is pretty close though, I dont remember his as well.

Our Eclipse game is basically:

"build up, build up, build up, epic battle everybody sees coming for the very last turn" :lol

It was fun though, not really a whole lot of action, which was a little weird for me, but you countered well against my stupid missiles, I just got good enough rolls.

Thats basically every eclipse game that doesn't involve the Orion though

Naw, Im pretty aggressive in most of my matches, rounds 7-9 should all be battles if I can. Its something I carried over from playing the board game, because we all just wanted to roll a fuck load of dice.

Also, picup app is working great, I just need to set up an imgur account or something so I dont have to type up all that shit on my iPad, haha :p

tm24

in a real game of eclipse, i once survived a volley of missiles to fight back with one ship. Was pretty epic considering he couldn't retreat. Slowest battle ever

EDIT: What i can't figure out is why the phase shields didnt do anything

EDIT2: Oh duh, the natural 6s wiped out the shields

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
in a real game of eclipse, i once survived a volley of missiles to fight back with one ship. Was pretty epic considering he couldn't retreat. Slowest battle ever

EDIT: What i can't figure out is why the phase shields didnt do anything

EDIT2: Oh duh, the natural 6s wiped out the shields

Yeah, all those friggin natural 6's in the second round. I mean seriously, so many. 4/10 6's. Unbelieveable.

If you swapped out 2 shields for 2 hulls, you would of survived and won

Yup, but we were both just doing stupid shit at that point. That battle wouldn't have changed the outcome.

It was fun to see a million missiles fly off though. Haha.

Possibly. Oh well. was my first non-AI game. I was trailing all game anyway :p

Trailing sure, but easily recoverable. You got a good grasp on how to play though, you did better than most people would do on their first game I think. A few explores here and there in the later rounds and you could have forced me to attack, but I didn't have much of a force until round 7, certainly not one that you couldn't have killed or even just flew enough ships past to start blowing up my planets.

Awesome. Let ROUND 4 begin!

NeoGAF Neuroshima Hex Tournament 2

Link

- Seeding based off of NH Finals 1 then Tournament 1 and then signup order
- Swiss rules!
- There will probably still be a finals tourney for the top 4
- Random armies generated with http://www.random.org/lists/

HERE ARE YOUR ARMY MATCHUPS

Round 4

P - NewYork vs Moloch
Q - Borgo vs Moloch
R - Vegas vs Outpost
S - Outpost vs NeoJungle
T - NewYork vs Hegemony

Smiley90

WAIT HANG OOOON A SECOND

With NHex on your iPad, you can actually SEE YOUR OPPONENT'S TILES? wtf? You can't do that on your iPhone! What is this madness!

Smiley90

Man, another win for me against you Smiley.

I think it's safe for me to say you stole my Nightfall championship with a lucky win :p

you won the tie :p

Also, I'm just messing around now, whereas I played seriously for the tourney!

/excuses

I won the best of 3, you have no right to complain. :p

you won the tie :p

Also, I'm just messing around now, whereas I played seriously for the tourney!

/excuses

I won the best of 3, you have no right to complain. :p

Haha yeah. It just mostly bugs me that I've won a bunch in a row now, but fucking lost the only important one. Haha.

Also, I highly doubt your just messing around, you seem far too competitive to let me just win 5 in a row :p

Slacker

NH 5 army bundle is on sale as well for $4. Since it is also on sale, how is Caylus? Do many people play it online?

It's an excellent game, but the app version is very mediocre, mainly due to the clunky online interface. I haven't attempted an online game in a while, but it always took a while to find a match for me.

NH 5 army bundle is on sale as well for $4. Since it is also on sale, how is Caylus? Do many people play it online?

Ray and I played a few two player games, I think 3 over 12 months, resulting in me being crowned King Caylus (*gestures provocatively*)

Async games take a loooooooooooong time to play.
(Though with Agricola that might happen too)

Can you wait for until Agricola (*drums fingers impatiently*) and Rivals For Catan (June 20th). More chance of opponents there I'd think.

blahness

Ray and I played a few two player games, I think 3 over 12 months, resulting in me being crowned King Caylus (*gestures provocatively*)

Async games take a loooooooooooong time to play.
(Though with Agricola that might happen too)

Can you wait for until Agricola (*drums fingers impatiently*) and Rivals For Catan (June 20th). More chance of opponents there I'd think.

Yeah I am definitely getting Agricola and most likely Catan depending on the price. Just have always been on the fence with Caylus but wanted to make sure I would get my moneys worth.

Slacker

We need to set up some live GAF matches for some of these longer games like Caylus and Eclipse.

And we're almost at two weeks since the Agricola resubmit. Hopefully something else didn't come up. >__<

octobot

We need to set up some live GAF matches for some of these longer games like Caylus and Eclipse.

And we're almost at two weeks since the Agricola resubmit. Hopefully something else didn't come up. >__<

I'd be up for a live eclipse game if one goes down today or tomorrow

krYlon

Is Neuroshima Hex Puzzle worth getting? I'm going to buy the main game as well, but the puzzle version has also piqued my curiosity.

First lose against me, then we'll talk about more tourneys.

Ugh yeah. That first turn didn't go well for me at all. Haha. It's going to be hard to come back from that.

Hegemony is so good, I love them. I hate New York too, bad match up for me, but I still haven't gotten my good tiles out yet, so I hope I can come back!

Smiley90

Ugh yeah. That first turn didn't go well for me at all. Haha. It's going to be hard to come back from that.

Hegemony is so good, I love them. I hate New York too, bad match up for me, but I still haven't gotten my good tiles out yet, so I hope I can come back!

I actually like New York. They got some decent defensive skills. You got really burned early on though by some high-damage draws on my hand & fight-tiles.

I never play Hegemony. I'm pretty sure this is like the second or third time ever I'm playing them :lol

I actually like New York. They got some decent defensive skills. You got really burned early on though by some high-damage draws on my hand & fight-tiles.

I never play Hegemony. I'm pretty sure this is like the second or third time ever I'm playing them :lol

Hegemony play a good aggressive style game like Borgo, but they have a better diversity in there tiles I find, you should probably enjoy how they play.

New York is a good team, they are just such a weird defensive army that I'm not really used too. I think I just don't like them much because I haven't used them that often, and when I have I've either lost or just barely won. Haha.

Smiley90

Hegemony play a good aggressive style game like Borgo, but they have a better diversity in there tiles I find, you should probably enjoy how they play.

New York is a good team, they are just such a weird defensive army that I'm not really used too. I think I just don't like them much because I haven't used them that often, and when I have I've either lost or just barely won. Haha.

New York is really good against Borgo. New York and Vegas are IMHO the best Counters to Borgo actually, since Borgo doesn't really have high-damage dealers, and the extra defense from NY helps in dealing with Borgo's initiative advantage. Sucks for you that Hegemony is the extra damage team... vs the extra defense team. It kind of counters NY's advantage :lol

New York is really good against Borgo. New York and Vegas are IMHO the best Counters to Borgo actually, since Borgo doesn't really have high-damage dealers, and the extra defense from NY helps in dealing with Borgo's initiative advantage. Sucks for you that Hegemony is the extra damage team... vs the extra defense team. It kind of counters NY's advantage :lol

Yeah, plus you got such a good set of tiles to start. It's fun though I enjoy having a little bit of a hole to dig myself out of, it's what makes this type of game interesting!!

It's the same as nightfall, you can get yourself in a really shitty situation early on and then battle your way out to a victory. It's great.

Mmmmm, 3 posts in a row! You guys are slacking. Haha.

Me and Smiley had a weird game of Eclipse last night, you can bang out a full game in a decent amount of time. It was one hell of a roller coaster for me though, Smiley was crushing me early on, he got some good Ancient kills, and was well into the 20s in points pretty early on, I couldnt get any ancients, and I couldnt really get many orange planets either, so for a couple rounds I could only take 1 or 2 actions without running out of money, haha.

By round the end of round 7, his score was listed as 23-32 or something like that, and mine was 10? or something stupid, I wasnt feeling good about this game, haha. He had just killed some more ancients in round 6 and was moving into the GCDS to take that over, and he would have easily done it, but I figured what the hell, im at least going to try and wreck that fight if I can, and get some fun out of this game. So I rolled in 2 cruisers and an interceptor on top of his 2 Dreads and his Cruiser. I didnt think I would win the fight, but I did pretty easily. From then on there wasnt much he could do, he didnt have any sort of income to build more ships to defend himself, so I could pretty much just roll in and do whatever I wanted.

It ended EXTREMELY close though, I only won by 6 points, and when you see the map, I took one of his 2 point systems from him on the last round, and I also grabbed the 2 point system up top that had an Ancient in it (that I couldnt kill 2 fucking times haha) and took the 2 point ancient tile. So it was REALLY close, I got 6 points in the last game, and took 2 from him.

Anyway, here is the pictures of our load outs and the map, and I will throw in my victory screen for fun :p

Good game Smiley, you had me shitting myself pretty much the whole game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hehe i was just going to post to remind people to take their eclipse turns -- i need my fix! :D

good time to play the new kingdom rush though while waiting for agricola catan etc. :D :D

hehe i was just going to post to remind people to take their eclipse turns -- i need my fix! :D

good time to play the new kingdom rush though while waiting for agricola catan etc. :D :D

I should probably check out the new Kingdom Rush too, I didnt play enough of the last on though, so I should play that instead :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
KR games are amazing. Just such solid fun, and I'm usually a person who burns out from lack of interest 5-6 levels into any tower-defense game.

What's the status of Dominion on iOS?

My co-worker turned me on to PlayDominion.com which actually works very nicely on my ipad3. Still, I'd love a native app.

It'd be awesome if the native app tied to my account on PlayDominion.com as well...

blahness

Bought Caylus so I hopefully be ready for online matches in a few days. Does anyone know how well Eclipse performs on an iPad 1?

Stable in there so looks ok. :)

I will take your word for it, I dont think ive ever focused on getting assloads of sheep, so I dont know!

Bought Caylus so I hopefully be ready for online matches in a few days. Does anyone know how well Eclipse performs on an iPad 1?

Yay! more people for Caylus. im sure me and Superrobot would be down for more. He is King Caylus after all. Its a sloooowww game, but its really awesome once you put in the time.

Top Bottom