• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Sephzilla

O6YkOSe.png

THE AVATAR AVATAR RUMBLE BEGINS AT 4:00PM EASTERN TIME. TUNE IN EARLY AT 3:30PM EASTERN TO CATCH THE 30 MINUTE AVATAR RUMBLE PRE-SHOW

WATCH ON TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/sephzilla

bigkrev

So my Don West Brown Bag Special showed up today from TNA...

First, the 2 T-shirts: an Austin Aries and a Rockstar Spud. The Aries shirt is close enough to just being a douchy Affliction T- something I can easily wear to the gym, and it's a good enough name that I can wear it to an indy wrestling show. The Spud shirt, on the other hand.... yikes. I don't think it's possible to wear this one out of the house, even just as a gym shirt

Next Up the DVDs:
Jeff Hardy-Enigma: This is from 2005, so it's early ass TNA in all it's glory, and it's Jeff from before we went back to WWE and became a huge star. I'll probably watch at least a little of this one.

Twin Pack: Turning Point and Final Resolution 2010: Here is the observer feedback for these 2 shows:
Turning Point: 0 Thumbs up, 68 Thumbs down, 0 Thumbs in the middle
Final Resolution 41 Thumbs up, 7 Thumbs down, 5 Thumbs in the middle , and had a 4 star match between Styles and Doug Williams.
I guess I'll check out Final Resolution?

One Night Only: Hardcore Justice 2- One of the matches is the future Mil Muertes vs Joseph Parks in a Monsters Ball match, so this is probably good

One Night Only:Joker's Wild 2- it appears to be random tag teams thrown together. This is probably bad

Slammiversery 2016- This has the match that lead to the Final Deletion, so maybe it's worth watching?

C3SLGpJWIAAY39H.jpg

And finally... the 2 "Bonus Items". I actually got 3. First is an Impact Wrestling iPhone 5 case, which is pretty much useless in 2017. Next up are Bro Man's dogtags- I have no idea who the Bro Mans even are. Finally, we have Thundersticks. I think they are Bobby Roode because they have money all over them, but i'm not opening them to actually find out.
C3SLZzYWMAAxXJl.jpg

I expected nothing for my $20, so i'm pleasantly surprised?

Disappointed that this UK promotion's show broadcast live on UK television is made almost entirely of imports, with Aldis and Drew being the only UK people actually taking part, with the UK indies in dark matches with Jay Lethal.

Show is a tournament for Morrison's 5* title.

John Morrison beat Moose.
Rey Mysterio beat Nick Aldis.
Carlito beat PJ Black
Drew Galloway vs Chris Masters

You are out of your god damn mind if think any of those three are going to be in the ring for more than 15 minutes.

Taker's entrance is going to take five minutes, I've already accepted he's gonna be one of the first two in and one of the final three out

It'd be funny to see him come in middle of the pack and see the next three entrants all make the ring before him, but they won't let that happen

How fucking crazy would it be for Sami to win the Rumble and make a post-match speech about giving hope to Muslims all around the world in front of everyone in the Alamo Dome? That would seriously create all the buzz and make Sami the biggest baby face.

But naw.

Tripsandstephanieattheinauguration.jpg

Honestly I really wanna give them the benefit of the doubt that they were only there for Linda but the fact that they put it on social media says it all.

I hate everything.

IkY4L1.gif

kevin-owens-vs-sami-zayn-o.gif

Thank Christ, Carliti isn't doing triple duty.

Rey Mysterio versus the winner of Galloway/Morrison for the title in the main event.

Update: Morrison wins, making it him versus Rey in the final.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you guys know a lot about wrestling all over the world, who do you guys see them getting to make nxt relevant again once Nak and Asuka for example move up and there are no more "big stars" there?

I guess Tommy End would be one of them soon, anyone else? Any TNA guys they could grab like Roode and Aeries?

Cosmozone

you guys know a lot about wrestling all over the world, who do you guys see them getting to make nxt relevant again once Nak and Asuka for example move up and there are no more "big stars" there?

I guess Tommy End would be one of them soon, anyone else? Any TNA guys they could grab like Roode and Aeries?
Women will not have any problem due to the upcoming tournament. I know Evie is very good (already signed). Her match with Nia Jax on her debut (it's on YouTube) made me go "Nia who?". Heidi Lovelace (already signed) has a great look at least and has a decently rating on cagematch.net.

For the men, dunno. Don't know who is free and such. There probably were some good people in the UK tournament. The two finalists look the most interesting. If I were WWE, I'd be interested in Dalton Castle. Dude is fun. But I don't know about any contract situation about him or other guys.

Top Bottom