• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Fuuuuck, Nixon is injured apparently.

We can confirm that recently signed WWE developmental talent Nixon Newell has suffered an ACL knee injury and will be out of action for an extended amount of time.

Nixon underwent surgery on her knee at the end of June and due to her injury will not be apart of the Mae Young Classic Women’s Tournament WWE will be holding.

Goddammit.

Mahonay

Banned
Hope SD is better then Raw
Good to know I can go ahead and not watch RAW. Pretty hilarious that they have Finn feuding with fucking Elias Samson, lol. Let's take one of our most marketable dudes and let him languish in something absolutely no one cares about. Great idea.

Feud is over hopefully.
No wonder he isn't getting pushed at the moment. Why would Vince want a guy who avoids saying what his job is to be the face of his company
The huge Elias Samson rub.

Even Kevin Owens knows...

Kevin Owens‏Verified account @FightOwensFight 17m17 minutes ago
More
My Twitter account is blacked out to represent the future of the U.S. now that the United States Title is held by a terrible human being.

I said DAYUM!

edit:

response:

Marty Squirrel‏ @JaimsVanDerBeek 14m14 minutes ago
More
Replying to @FightOwensFight
THE USA COMMUNITY!?!?!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
giphy.gif

The typo makes this shirt.

More
My Twitter account is blacked out to represent the future of the U.S. now that the United States Title is held by a terrible human being.

I said DAYUM!

edit:

response:

More
THE USA COMMUNITY!?!?!

Bwhahaha

Beefy

it consistently is, friend

Balls in Fire got me hyped for it, but it was shit again.

More

I said DAYUM!

edit:

response:

More
THE USA COMMUNITY!?!?!

No lies

Cagey

Banned
Pretty Good Peter Rosenberg: who in wrestling could you hear was backstage and you'd go "oh wow, I have to meet them", whose alive that'd make you feel that way?

Finn: well, I've been lucky enough to meet a lot of them...

Rosenberg: okay then give us someone (i.e. wrestler) who made you feel that way

Finn: hey you know, recently, I met Action Bronson and I popped like crazy

I take back what I said, Finn. You're not just a theme, jacket, and abs.

Cagey

Banned
They need to juxtapose Finn's sense of humor against the demon's anger.

There's your character.

Finn's Demon King is just his inner demon that he wrestles with: he likes this wrestling trash just like the rest of us.

Finn's everyday form is cool good looking dude who thinks wrestling is trash.

Finn is a representation of the internal struggle we all must face.

I'm still excited from that Joe/Brock/Roman segment last night. Holy damn. Super intense and really fun. I had a smile on my face the whole time. Joe is such a beast.

gun_haver

I'm still excited from that Joe/Brock/Roman segment last night. Holy damn. Super intense and really fun. I had a smile on my face the whole time. Joe is such a beast.

They actually have managed to create an upper stratosphere with roman, joe, braun and brock. they could all come out very well from this if they don't mess it up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They would be shooting themselves in the foot if they don't give Joe a run with the Universal Title sometime between now and RR.

Mahonay

Banned
God I wish Brock vs Joe was longer. That was exciting, but it was annoying how you could see the "F5 outta nowhere" coming from a mile away.

Loved Joe just destroying him right at the start. Felt weird watching Brock in a match where he's really a pure babyface against Joe.

Joe looked good though, had the upper hand multiple times, and had a look of pure anger after the loss. So, for the minimal time they were allotted, very well done overall.

Mahonay

Banned

They actually have managed to create an upper stratosphere with roman, joe, braun and brock. they could all come out very well from this if they don't mess it up.
Maybe I'll go ahead and just watch that segment from last night.

More

I said DAYUM!

edit:

response:

More
THE USA COMMUNITY!?!?!

Oh god, did Trump win the US title while I wasn't paying attention?

God I wish Brock vs Joe was longer. That was exciting, but it was annoying how you could see the "F5 outta nowhere" coming from a mile away.

Loved Joe just destroying him right at the start. Felt weird watching Brock in a match where he's really a pure babyface against Joe.

Joe looked good though, had the upper hand multiple times, and had a look of pure anger after the loss. So, for the minimal time they were allotted, very well done overall.

I just wished they made Joe look more resilient, even Ambrose took more punishment from Brock before he could be put down.

Joe was like a berserker, pure offense zero defense.

gun_haver

this is kind of obvious but you know why last night's segment was so good?

no script. brock and joe were actually just having an argument.

then roman comes in with some scripted lines and you can just *feel* the lameness kind of come back for a minute, but joe doesn't put up with it.

Mahonay

Banned
I just wished they made Joe look more resilient, even Ambrose took more punishment from Brock before he could be put down.

Time was short. That wasn't going to happen.

LOL @ suggesting Dean in someway looked better than Joe did against Brock. Just, no. In that short ass GBOF match, Brock put way more effort to it than his Mania match against Dean. Put effort into making Joe look good. Joe did his part as well.

In the Mania match you had Brock not giving a fuck, and Dean...being Dean. No one cared and if fucking sucked.

then roman comes in with some scripted lines and you can just *feel* the lameness kind of come back for a minute, but joe doesn't put up with it.

Reigns was fine.

And I doubt all of a sudden the rest of it was unscripted

Did we watch the same match? So many times Joe got up or countered. He went on the offensive from the get go. Dean was nothing more than a rag doll for Brock.

XenoRaven

It was like a kid trying to interject himself into a conversation between actual adults

gun_haver

Reigns was fine.

And I doubt all of a sudden the rest of it was unscripted

to be fair he did get one good line in about 'look at me, now look at braun if you can find him' but yeah otherwise he looked like a third wheel. i'm not saying he shouldn't be involved in this, he should, but i also really doubt brock's lines were scripted. some of joe's were, but some obviously weren't. i think they had a script and when they go out there they just kind of riffed. you can see them throw the script away at several points, and that's where the segment came alive. joe's really come out on this angle.

Anth0ny

Finn said that he tells people who don't follow wrestling that he's an "entertainer" but tries to avoid the topic of his career altogether. 😂😂😂

Edit -- when other obviously large wrestlers got spotted in NXT he'd lie and say he wasn't a wrestler and just did office work LMAO.

FINN IS THE BEST. Being embarrassed by wrestling has to be his new gimmick.

This is great. Finn knows the importance of being #safe

to be fair he did get one good line in about 'look at me, now look at braun if you can find him' but yeah otherwise he looked like a third wheel. i'm not saying he shouldn't be involved in this, he should, but i also really doubt brock's lines were scripted. some of joe's were, but some obviously weren't. i think they had a script and when they go out there they just kind of riffed. you can see them throw the script away at several points, and that's where the segment came alive. joe's really come out on this angle.

I just dig Reigns' Total Prick gimmick.

klonere

Banned
Based on the 25 seconds of footage I saw from yesterday's Raw, Roman isn't even good at doing this new asshole gimmick.

He seemed so second rate and amateur in that segment.

Time was short. That wasn't going to happen.

LOL @ suggesting Dean in someway looked better than Joe did against Brock. Just, no. In that short ass GBOF match, Brock put way more effort to it than his Mania match against Dean. Put effort into making Joe look good. Joe did his part as well.

In the Mania match you had Brock not giving a fuck, and Dean...being Dean. No one cared and if fucking sucked.

I never said Ambrose looked better, just that he looked more resilient than Joe in their matches against Brock. Joe was basically glass cannon, a few hits and he is out.

Mahonay

Banned
I never said Ambrose looked better, just that he looked more resilient than Joe in their matches against Brock. Joe was basically glass cannon, a few hits and he is out.
He put Brock through a table and almost choked him out twice. In a short match. Did you want Joe to just squash him? There wasn't a lot of time for offense or defense. It was a quick match. Booked pretty damn well. Your expectations are out of whack.

Also...

Dean Ambrose didn't look resilient against Brock at Mania. He looked like a fucking joke after talking so much shit and getting his ass handed to him. Didn't do anything "crazy". Just got beat and it was done, then was immediately shuffled down the card. He got chumped out. What the hell are you talking about? Dean looked like absolute dog shit against Brock.

gun_haver

i think they made it work so that brock looks as if he got lucky, and joe would have a good chance in any potential rematch. i don't think they expected this to get over as much as it is, so i think joe will be more indestructible in the future.

you really think every single line brock or joe said was not scripted?

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 7/10:

8pm: 3.049
9pm: 3.074
10pm: 2.905

Avg: 3.009

Seth vs Bray didn't scary many viewers off.

edit: As for the Brock, Reigns and Joe segment if anything happened in that segment it would of been adlib.

gun_haver

you really think every single line brock or joe said was not scripted?

nope, said so in the post right after, but basically what i think happened was: joe comes out saying his scripted lines, he ends up feeling it a bit when he gets in the ring, brock reciprocates and they get in each others faces and throw the script out for a minute. this is when it gets really good. these guys are not actors so you can tell they're just kinda adlibbing and aren't super sure what the next beat is, because they're making it up for a minute, and theeeen reigns interjects and it's like a cold spash of piss, you can feel the energy go back to business as usual. i don't hate reigns, like i said he belongs in this program, but he's a really bad actor and they give him all the corniest lines. he had one good line about braun in there, but otherwise it was like 'roman why are you here'.

He put Brock through a table and almost choked him out twice. In a short match. Did you want Joe to just squash him? There wasn't a lot of time for offense or defense. It was a quick match. Booked pretty damn well. Your expectations are out of whack.

Also...

Dean Ambrose didn't look resilient against Brock at Mania. He looked like a fucking joke after talking so much shit and getting his ass handed to him. Didn't do anything "crazy". Just got beat and it was done, then was immediately shuffled down the card. He got chumped out. What the hell are you talking about? Dean looked like absolute dog shit against Brock.

i think they made it work so that brock looks as if he got lucky, and joe would have a good chance in any potential rematch. i don't think they expected this to get over as much as it is, so i think joe will be more indestructible in the future.

I am not saying Joe looked bad against Brock (he looked better than most people that fought Brock in the last years), just that I wished he was able to take more offense from Brock before losing. Maybe kicking of the F-5 and then Brock giving him another to win the match or Brock just giving Joe two F-5 to put him down, specially because Brock was about to fade and then he suddenly gets back and pulls and F-5 like nothing. Brock did not even struggle to cover Joe after being for a good amount of time in Joe submission and pulling a F-5 suddenly.

Yeah, Ambrose looked like shit against Brock, but it was a really resilient shit, like the one you try to flush down, but just refuses to go down.

Brock looked actually weak against Joe. Much more then Ambrose who I think only had a moment of low blowing him to hurt Brock and a suicide dive and that was it.

nope, said so in the post right after, but basically what i think happened was: joe comes out saying his scripted lines, he ends up feeling it a bit when he gets in the ring, brock reciprocates and they get in each others faces and throw the script out for a minute. this is when it gets really good. then reigns interjects and it's like a cold spash of piss, you can feel the energy go back to business as usual. i don't hate reigns, like i said he belongs in this program, but he's a really bad actor and they give him all the corniest lines. he had one good line about braun in there, but otherwise it was like 'roman why are you here'.
I don't know, it's probably just me. I'm of the crowd who doesn't get why every time a good moment or line happens in a promo, it means someone went off the script.

Top Bottom