• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress Anime revealed (AOT Team/Code Geass Writer/)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kabaneri.jpg

1st Promotional Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZGjYjCnkLw

The anime reunites director Tetsuro Araki and Wit Studio, the team responsible for Attack on Titan. Code Geass creator Ichiro Okouchi is writing the scripts. Haruhiko Mikimoto (Macross 7, Gunbuster) is designing the original characters and Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan, Aldnoah.Zero) is composing the music.

Source

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
"how do we fill the gap between AOT seasons"

"just add steampunk and claim it's a different series"

looks surprisingly good for a studio WIT production :^)

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Dream team of the bombastic right there.

I can already tell this is going be an amazing, if bumpy, ride.

yami4ct

AoT team+Geass writer? This could either be the most amazingly bad thing ever or just unwatchable. Will keep an eye on.

Attack on Zombies kind of makes this a hard pass for me. Although I did like the art in that promo, so maybe!

Kinda reminds me of that not-very-good-but-looked-neat First Squad.

Sealed

Banned
Lol it's remarkable how similar this looks to AoT

Is it an anime original? I'll probably check it out. I liked the PV.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Code Geass creator Ichiro Okouchi is writing the scripts

All major character revelations will take place when a female character is naked, confirmed.

Mortemis

Banned
is the girl in the middle of tripping or

nah bruh it's art. only anime creators can give us such great posing

Real talk the fact that Sawano is making the ost probably means I'll be annoyed 90% of the time watching this. That poster looks nearly identical to some AoT ones when it comes to colors and glare, but that's what they're probably aiming for.

Don't really see anything worth getting excited about, but that's just me.

All major character revelations will take place when a female character is naked, confirmed.

I hope we have some well written and amazing scenes like the table-kun one in CG!

Code Geass's writing for both story and characters was gutter trash. Horrid pacing too, but I would blame that more on the editor and director.

Defuser

Pls note that the writer also wrote Valvrave and a few episodes of Guilty Crown.

Which means it will be a glorious train wreck to watch.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Pls note that the writer also wrote Valvrave and a few episodes of Guilty Crown.

Which means it will be a glorious train wreck to watch.
Whoever wrote this is the god-emperor of train wrecks anyway:
valvrave-4-24-MOSES.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Looks neato. I'll check it out. Hopefully it isn't total garbage!

Yeah? I might check it out then. I mean, it's an interesting premise, but marathoning both seasons of CG over a weekend was one of the most masochistic things I've ever done.
I can't believe anyone would watch a full show much less 2 seasons of something they don't enjoy. I can understand watching a 24 episode show like that but a 50 episodes hate watch??? Lol what the hell.

-------

At first I thought GC, CG and Valvrave were written by the same person. That isn't the case so to set the record straight:

Ichiro Okouchi is the one responsible for the Series Composition of Valvrave and Guilty Crown. He also wrote the majority of the script for Valvrave and Season 2 of Code Geass. He also co-wrote the Season 1 script of Code Geass with Yuuichi Nomura.

3 people were responsible for the script of Guilty Crown - Midori Gotou, Jin Haganeya and Hiroyuki Yoshino. Tetsurou Araki was the director.

HOWEVER, Gorou Taniguchi is the one responsible for the storyboards/creation/direction of Code Geass. He has nothing to do with Valvrave or Guilty Crown. Ichiro Okouchi collaborated with him on Code Geass as a co-creator.

Source: MAL

-------

From what is known about this new show, Ichiro Okouchi is the writer and Tetsurou Araki (GC director) is the director.

Unrelated but nothing can beat the garbage that was Aldnoah Zero.

Just saw the PV for this. Holy crap this looks awesome! I love AoT so I'm excited for this with a different setting but same team!

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Ehh, zombies + Code Geass writer = I'm not sold. I'll keep an eye out, but personally it already kind of has two strikes against it.

Or at least, if the writing is anything like the tail end of Geass it does. But the zombies part in particular doesn't really interest me.

Then again, steampunk zombies... hmm...

deim0s

What I'm getting from the trailer: Max Ma-esque escape with a train, zombies and all takes place in JP steampunk world.

Looks like Attack on Titan mixed with Valkyria Chronicles and Left 4 Dead. Seems like they're throwing everything along with the kitchen sink at the wall here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom