• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny launches new show KF Games Daily w/ Andrea Rene and Danny O'Dwyer

Sounds alright.
I'm all for new shows with KF as they've gotten quite stale for me personally(nothing to do with the politics they've experienced lately).

Hope this show is good and better than Gamescast.

illusionary

It's rare that I love everything about changes made to the content coming from a given outlet, but everything here sounds really great - *especially* that they've got Danny on board. I very much look forward to seeing everything getting off the ground in a couple of weeks!

2909050-tumblr_inline_neacc02xrv1rojiut.gif

A daily show seems a bit like overkill especially considering they're still doing the morning show but I like the KF crew and I hope they do well in the post-Colin era so I'll check it out.

Hostile_18

Banned
Glad the Gamescast is one episode now, it was always too hard to watch on YouTube split into parts and released at different times.

The new daily games show sounds great. A little concerned about it been daily BUT it's one of those things in practice that might work out to be a GREAT idea.

Not too familiar with the new recruits but hope there's someone to fill the gap Colin left... i.e more of a serious/analytical/critical industry guy to play off the others more fun/playful personalities.

Excited about the changes. Great work everyone involved:).

Maximo

Glad the Gamescast is one episode now, it was always too hard to watch on YouTube split into parts and released at different times.

The new daily games show sounds great. A little concerned about it been daily BUT it's one of those things in practice that might work out to be a GREAT idea.

Not too familiar with the new recruits but hope there's someone to fill the gap Colin left... i.e more of a serious/analytical/critical industry guy to play off the others more fun/playful personalities.

Excited about the changes. Great work everyone involved:).

Give NoClip a watch Danny is producing some of the best In-depth Interviews/Documentary's in gaming, his Doom one was amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS6SBnccxMA

Sillverrr

I like Danny O'Dwyer (was subscribed to his individual Youtube channel already), and view pretty much any new content from the Kinda Funny team as positive anyway. Still miss Colin - political views aside - but can't win 'em all. Between KF, Giant Bomb, Easy Allies, etc., we're spoiled for choice.

HeatBoost

Andrea is one of those two recurring lady guests from Garnet's old podcast right? Is she the cool one or the one that wouldn't stop talking about Pokemon??

Memory

Wow both Andrea and Danny? Literally two of my best people in the business. Watching this for sure.

I'm hoping Tim and Andy don't bring it down two much as their knowledge is lacking compared to the other two.

Opinions. Opinions. Colin's shown himself to be an unpleasant person but his analysis on the industry is top notch.

I don't know, he was never able to put his personal opinions aside when discussing anything. Case in point the mobile games argument him and Andrea got into on the gamescast last year.

sn00zer

Andrea is fucking EVERYWHERE....is she entirely freelance, because I feel like I see her across more gaming news/shows/platforms than anyone else by a wide margin.

As a daily consumer of their content, all of this sounds amazing. As funny as the guys are, they needed a breath of fresh air into their output, and this seems to be the perfect solution to that. Seems like quite a lot of shows though, so hopefully the garbage truck on fire doesn't tip over.

mrk8885

Banned
I know that to a certain group of fans Collin can never be replaced, however having Dannys knowledgebase goes along way to helping start fill that void.

Quonny

Andrea is one of those two recurring lady guests from Garnet's old podcast right? Is she the cool one or the one that wouldn't stop talking about Pokemon??
Yes, and the cool one.

She's a bit of a blind fan girl for certain things but it's just a minor quibble.

Tankard

Very excited for this one, these are 3 great personalities with different tastes, should be a good podcast.

specdot

Seems like a unanimous positive decision that Gaf likes. Will avoid, as Gaf has taken the form of Michael Pacter when it comes to their assessments.

I like it except the daily part. Even twice a week would have been better. The show will just devolve into nonsense. I wish I was still a patron to voice that but I'm sure the decision has already been made.

Noctis3

Not even close to being true but the new show will be interesting regardless. I'll watch it. I do wish Greg could be switched out too from time to time.
I say their about the same except Danny doesn't bring all the pessimism.

I don't really understand KF Games Daily being the evolution of PS I Love You XOXO.

PSILY was a spiritual sucessor to IGN's Podcast Beyond. A playstation-focused show that was more structured and took on the PS related news of that week. While this new show will have the same news-style segment and will be hosted by two people it doesn't feel like an evolution of the previous show the way Greg had set it up previously.

To me this feels like a show they already had planned and with Colin's exit and the death of their previous show they decided to sell it not only as a daily gaming podcast but also "The successor to PSILY" It's pretty clear this show exists because of them rebranding the Kinda Funny Morning Show and them wanting a gaming equivalent.

Basically I don't see how the successor to their Playstation Podcast is a Livestreamed Gaming News Podcast that's posted 5 times a week at half the length.

As for the show itself,

I have qualms about the show's format and how it's gonna get made. Livestreaming it will make the video quality take a hit in most areas. I also don't really see the point in streaming it. There's no focus on their donations and they usually field questions from their forums. I have to assume it's streamed live because it's easy to rip a vod from twitch and upload it so they can avoid the effort that comes from editing footage/audio, rendering and uploading. It also being daily and 45 minutes long doesn't seem great. Seems too short and it being daily is gonna lead to droughts when it comes to news which may become a problem.

That said it makes sense. They need to grow the KFG's brand and a daily gaming news podcast will do wonders for that. It'll be a more fresh and topical version of what the Gamescast is right now and it'll have some much needed fresh blood with Danny and Andrea joining in. While I roll my eyes at this being a continuation of the things Greg did with Beyond and PSILY I do have some excitement for this.

Here's hoping it a good listen/watch during the week.

Nibel

I guess I might watch KF again; hope the format will be good

Opinions. Opinions. Colin's shown himself to be an unpleasant person but his analysis on the industry is top notch.

Why does this narrative exist
csl1w9eq1l.png

He is a GameFAQs poster with a mouth who sometimes reaches bottom-tier GAF poster levels when he has a good day, and I say that as someone who watched KF before shit hit the fan

Good for them! Sounds like they're making several great changes to their content. This is exactly what they needed after losing Colin. For the first time in awhile, I'm very excited for their future content.

Top Bottom