• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdoms of Amalur demo impressions thread [Up On 360/Origin/Steam/U.S. PSN]

ReaperXL7

Has there been any word about whether these items will be available for purchase later? Or better yet, free?

I don't think so atleast not yet. I would not worry to much about it though because its likely stuff that you will outgrow pretty quickly. Although the compass and dowsing rod will probably be useful for a longer period.

Syrionus

Neo Member
says it's an invalid build

Sorry about that but some reason it will not link properly no matter what I do. However, here is a quick list of talents and the ranks I put in them.

Might

• Brutal Weaponry I: (Rank: 3 / 3)
  • Hammer Mastery: (Rank: 6 / 6)
  • Harpoon: (Rank: 4 / 4)
  • Skillful Defense: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Brutal Weaponry II: (Rank: 3 / 3)
  • Quake: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Adrenaline Surge: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Hardy Constitution: (Rank: 6 / 6)
  • Concussive Force: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Relentless Assault: (Rank: 6 / 6)
  • Power Strike: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Brutal Weaponry III: (Rank: 3 / 3)
  • Bulwark: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Battle Frenzy: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Vengeance: (Rank: 3 / 6)
  • Stoneskin: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Bloodlust: (Rank: 3 / 5)
  • War Cry: (Rank: 5 / 6)
  • Celerity: (Rank: 3 / 3)
  • Terror: (Rank: 6 / 6)

Sorcery

• Arcane Weaponry I: (Rank: 3 / 3)
  • Storm Bolt: (Rank: 2 / 6)
  • Arcane Weaponry II: (Rank: 3 / 3)
  • Chakram Mastery: (Rank: 6 / 6)
  • Sphere of Protection: (Rank: 6 / 6)
  • Conservative Casting: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Healing Surge: (Rank: 5 / 5)

linko9

Just played the Steam demo today. Game seems awesome. Did not expect it to be this good. I had given up on finding a non-party-based ARPG that I actually liked beyond the Souls series (Demon's and Dark), but I think this is the one. Combat is good. Enemies are dumb as hell, but combat is still good.

I created a character that looked liked Ganondorf and just killed everyone with a giant hammer and flaming sword. Good stuff. I will not be doing that in the real game :)

scy

Hm ... build planning time. Thinking split Finesse/Sorcery:

Finesse:
  • Precise Weaponry I: (Rank: 3 / 3)
  • Shadow Flare: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Assassin's Art: (Rank: 6 / 6)
  • Precise Weaponry II: (Rank: 3 / 3)
  • Faeblade Mastery: (Rank: 6 / 6)
  • Envenomed Edge : (Rank: 6 / 6)
  • Frost Trap: (Rank: 1 / 4)
  • Inoculation : (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Icy Explosion: (Rank: 1 / 5)
  • Lunge: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Precise Weaponry III: (Rank: 3 / 3)
  • Smoke Bomb: (Rank: 4 / 4)
  • Enduring Agony: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Blade Honing: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Precise Weaponry IV: (Rank: 3 / 3)
  • Poison Bomb: (Rank: 4 / 4)
  • Mysterious Toxins: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Paralytic Poisons: (Rank: 4 / 4)

Sorcery:
  • Arcane Weaponry I: (Rank: 2 / 3)
  • Storm Bolt: (Rank: 6 / 6)
  • Arcane Weaponry II: (Rank: 1 / 3)
  • Chain Lightning: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Ice Barrage: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Arcane Weaponry III: (Rank: 3 / 3)
  • Frostshackle: (Rank: 5 / 5)

I'm a bit worried about casting anything with -70% Mana from the trio of Sustained abilities (-15%, -25%, -30%) but the build gets a lot of mileage out of Poisons and Crit damage so -40% of it seems like a staple; Sphere of Protection is there as my "best choice" of the skills around there since Damage Resistance is just nice to have so I get it over Mark of Flame/Healing Surge.

Spellcloak vs Shadowcaster destiny (and why it goes 79/44 instead of 6x/6x) is due to an assumption of losing Poison Blink. A bit sad at the loss of Orbital Blades from the Chakrams so there's the possibility of going Faeblade/Staff instead since I'll have all the Staff attacks available.

Active Ability count:
Shadow Flare
Frost Trap, point dump.
Lunge, debatable on actually using it.
Smoke Bomb
Storm Bolt
Ice Barrage

I'm planning on playing with the 360 Controller on PC so Shadow Flare / Smoke Bomb / Storm Bolt / Ice Barrage as the spell selection works out fairly well. The Mana Costs aren't too bad at 17->21 / 60 / 29 / 38 and the base mana pool should be around 56 after all sustained costs so I'll only need some +Mana equipment to have all my Actives as an option still.

No crits restoring Mana makes this build work a lot less it feels but 6x/6x (or 7/58/58) feels weaker overall. Finesse has a lot of synergy with the top-end skills; gaining bonus damage and chance to stun on almost every swing is just too good to pass up even for Mana restoration and better spells.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
After messing with the demo for a bit, I have to say it feels like Fable meets Skyrim - and I mean that in a good way. It plays fun, seems to have a lot going for it, and MAY have earned my moneys. My only complaint is that the keyboard + mouse controls take an odd amount of getting used to.

Just downloaded the demo on Steam, having a really weird screen issue. So the in-game screen is completely black, only the menu's display properly...Anyone had this problem?

Apdiddy

I played the demo for a bit on the 360 and mine froze on me (don't worry I'm not going to expect that in the final game -- fingers crossed). 30 minutes down the tubes.

Still, from what I've played of it, I can't wait for the game -- but which is the best version to get GAF? The game seems to be more geared towards the PC from what I'm reading.

And those are some bad ass gnomes. The professor is like a....mini-ninja.

Hannar

Nista & Reaper, I'm sure we've discussed it somewhere in these 70 pages so far, but memory fails me -- which versions will you all be playing to start with?

Hannar

I played the demo for a bit on the 360 and mine froze on me (don't worry I'm not going to expect that in the final game -- fingers crossed). 30 minutes down the tubes.

Still, from what I've played of it, I can't wait for the game -- but which is the best version to get GAF? The game seems to be more geared towards the PC from what I'm reading.

And those are some bad ass gnomes. The professor is like a....mini-ninja.

I'm going with PC, mainly because of the higher resolution. I will be using a 360 controller, though. From my experience right now, I would say PC >>>>>> PS3>>360. The experience is very comparable on each machine, in my opinion, except for the improved resolution on the PC. The capped frame rate on the retail version for the PS3 may make a difference in comparison with the 360.

Wallach

Cheers mate (and nista) it works. So this issue won't be present in the final build right, they are aware of it?

Yeah, they said that was already addressed. They didn't actually produce the demo, it was split off something like three months back and that was handed off to someone else for EA to make a demo.

Cheers mate (and nista) it works. So this issue won't be present in the final build right, they are aware of it?

You can make it work with post processing by forcing AA in the ATI control panel, in my experience.. though forcing AA causes some seams to appear in the models. I think I might like the look of the game better without post processing.. but it isn't a big deal either way for me.

linko9

Oh, I forgot to mention, I had really serious issued with pop-in; both textures and geometry. Like, worse than I've seen in any game this generation. Is it just something weird with my machine, or is that just how the game works?

Nista

Nista & Reaper, I'm sure we've discussed it somewhere in these 70 pages so far, but memory fails me -- which versions will you all be playing to start with?

I have all three versions, but due to work circumstances I'll probably be playing the X360 version first. The game doesn't run that well on my laptop, so I'll play PC next.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I had really serious issued with pop-in; both textures and geometry. Like, worse than I've seen in any game this generation. Is it just something weird with my machine, or is that just how the game works?

As I mentioned above, there are ways to improve the performance on PC, but you're still going to have some noticeable pop-in. You can try the various graphical options from the demo, but not much else I can suggest at this point besides the standard update drivers/defrag HD/have lots of memory.

Loxley

I'm surprised how many of you are bothering to theorycraft right now, since it's entirely possible that that some of the stats in the various talent trees have been altered since the demo build was submitted.

Then again it's also possible that 38 are using the demo to further adjust game balance and things for a post-launch patch.

jgminto

Rogue/Mage Character

Finesse
Precise Weaponry I: (Rank: 3 / 3)
Dagger Mastery: (Rank: 6 / 6)
Shadow Flare: (Rank: 5 / 5)
Assassin's Art: (Rank: 6 / 6)
Precise Weaponry II: (Rank: 3 / 3)
Faeblade Mastery: (Rank: 6 / 6)
Envenomed Edge : (Rank: 6 / 6)
Frost Trap: (Rank: 4 / 4)
Inoculation : (Rank: 5 / 5)
Icy Explosion: (Rank: 5 / 5)
Lunge: (Rank: 5 / 5)
Precise Weaponry III: (Rank: 3 / 3)
Smoke Bomb: (Rank: 2 / 4)
Enduring Agony: (Rank: 2 / 5)
Blade Honing: (Rank: 2 / 5)
Precise Weaponry IV: (Rank: 3 / 3)
Poison Bomb: (Rank: 2 / 4)
Mysterious Toxins: (Rank: 5 / 5)
Paralytic Poisons: (Rank: 4 / 4)

Sorcery
Arcane Weaponry I: (Rank: 3 / 3)
Sceptre Mastery: (Rank: 6 / 6)
Storm Bolt: (Rank: 4 / 6)
Arcane Weaponry II: (Rank: 3 / 3)
Chakram Mastery: (Rank: 6 / 6)
Sphere of Protection: (Rank: 3 / 6)
Mark of Flame: (Rank: 1 / 5)
Conservative Casting: (Rank: 2 / 5)
Summon Faer Gorta: (Rank: 3 / 6)
Healing Surge: (Rank: 2 / 5)
Chain Lightning: (Rank: 2 / 5)
Ice Barrage: (Rank: 3 / 5)
Arcane Weaponry III: (Rank: 3 / 3)
Frostshackle: (Rank: 2 / 5)
Arcane Weaponry IV: (Rank: 3 / 3)

I probably won't be sticking with this too religiously but I'll probably end up with something like this. The second one will probably be all might plus the first 2 longbow fields in Finesse for Greatsword/Bow juggling.

Nista

I'm surprised how many of you are bothering to theorycraft right now, since it's entirely possible that that some of the stats in the various talent trees have been altered since the demo build was submitted.

Then again it's also possible that 38 are using the demo to further adjust game balance and things for a post-launch patch.

Numbers might change, but the overall abilities and talent trees aren't going to be any different a week from now. Discussing character builds carries over better to the OT tomorrow.

Though I still think I'm the only one loony enough to thematically recreate an elven Fighter/Mage/Thief 1st edition D&D style character almost 20 years later. :)

ReaperXL7

Right now sadly I'm still in the middle of building my rig so ill be on PS3, but I bought the collectors edition and then when my rig is finished ill pick it up on steam aswell. Considering doing an unboxing of the CE if time permits it,my goal is to have my rig ready atleast in time for copernicus though, can't wait to see what they are doing there.

cametall

I got Amazon to price match Toys R Us' and Newegg's prices for KoA, if anyone is sitting on the fence and wants to give it a shot. YMMV though.

linko9

As I mentioned above, there are ways to improve the performance on PC, but you're still going to have some noticeable pop-in. You can try the various graphical options from the demo, but not much else I can suggest at this point besides the standard update drivers/defrag HD/have lots of memory.

Thanks for the reply. I've got 4 gigs of RAM, would upgrading to 8 make a noticeable difference?

Toth

I played the demo yesterday and boy did I get a Fable meets Skyrim feeling. The game looks pretty solid and I like actually kicking butt with a staff. I hope all magical weapons are as useful. The systems appear to gel well and aside from the ton of glitches in the demo (which should be fixed at retail), I was intrigued at the potential. I was on the fence before but I will definitely pick this up day one.

scy

Theorycrafting is my heart and soul. Some of the exacts may be different but I doubt they'll rebalance by removing the existing skill synergies. My Finesse/Sorcery plan is to work on Poison/Bleed for stuns, bonus damage, and explosions on enemy death; both spells are there for their area of effect properties only, really (depending on how Freezing damage works, anyway). The exact numbers of it all is something I'll save for retail.

Just kind of picking out what I think of as the best melee-heavy Rogue/Mage build in terms of skill properties, not so much skill numbers.

erragal

Hm ... build planning time. Thinking split Finesse/Sorcery:

Finesse:
  • Precise Weaponry I: (Rank: 3 / 3)
  • Shadow Flare: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Assassin's Art: (Rank: 6 / 6)
  • Precise Weaponry II: (Rank: 3 / 3)
  • Faeblade Mastery: (Rank: 6 / 6)
  • Envenomed Edge : (Rank: 6 / 6)
  • Frost Trap: (Rank: 1 / 4)
  • Inoculation : (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Icy Explosion: (Rank: 1 / 5)
  • Lunge: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Precise Weaponry III: (Rank: 3 / 3)
  • Smoke Bomb: (Rank: 4 / 4)
  • Enduring Agony: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Blade Honing: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Precise Weaponry IV: (Rank: 3 / 3)
  • Poison Bomb: (Rank: 4 / 4)
  • Mysterious Toxins: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Paralytic Poisons: (Rank: 4 / 4)

Sorcery:
  • Arcane Weaponry I: (Rank: 2 / 3)
  • Storm Bolt: (Rank: 6 / 6)
  • Arcane Weaponry II: (Rank: 1 / 3)
  • Chain Lightning: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Ice Barrage: (Rank: 5 / 5)
  • Arcane Weaponry III: (Rank: 3 / 3)
  • Frostshackle: (Rank: 5 / 5)

I'm a bit worried about casting anything with -70% Mana from the trio of Sustained abilities (-15%, -25%, -30%) but the build gets a lot of mileage out of Poisons and Crit damage so -40% of it seems like a staple; Sphere of Protection is there as my "best choice" of the skills around there since Damage Resistance is just nice to have so I get it over Mark of Flame/Healing Surge.

Spellcloak vs Shadowcaster destiny (and why it goes 79/44 instead of 6x/6x) is due to an assumption of losing Poison Blink. A bit sad at the loss of Orbital Blades from the Chakrams so there's the possibility of going Faeblade/Staff instead since I'll have all the Staff attacks available.

Active Ability count:
Shadow Flare
Frost Trap, point dump.
Lunge, debatable on actually using it.
Smoke Bomb
Storm Bolt
Ice Barrage

I'm planning on playing with the 360 Controller on PC so Shadow Flare / Smoke Bomb / Storm Bolt / Ice Barrage as the spell selection works out fairly well. The Mana Costs aren't too bad at 17->21 / 60 / 29 / 38 and the base mana pool should be around 56 after all sustained costs so I'll only need some +Mana equipment to have all my Actives as an option still.

No crits restoring Mana makes this build work a lot less it feels but 6x/6x (or 7/58/58) feels weaker overall. Finesse has a lot of synergy with the top-end skills; gaining bonus damage and chance to stun on almost every swing is just too good to pass up even for Mana restoration and better spells.

Nice build. There's really a lot of tension between the last tier of hybrid destinies and the top tier of active abilities in some of the trees. I was originally considering finesse/sorcery (Daggers specifically) but came up with a might/sorcery build that I'm really excited to play.

http://amalurfoundry.com/calculator?00005000562065055605500000&000000000000000000000000000&30111665505513055330550000

Chakram wielding self-healing damage soaking elemental damage causing Champion. I should be able to pull out some awesome damage numbers in groups of enemies as my Battle Frenzy builds itself up. So many different defensive abilities stacking means I never really want to block especially because my primary method of mana regeneration is through taking damage. The fact I can cast a heal and regenerate by taking more damage is just silly. Tons of awesome synergy though I'm still leaning towards meteor/sphere of retribution if the Champion destiny ability turns out to be underwhelming.

Active Abilities:
Elemental Rage
Mark of Flame
Tempest
Healing Surge
Storm Bolt/Ice Barrage (Point Dumps).

Elemental Rage could be amazing but I might end up wearing a ton of mana gear. Of course all the passive/activated defenses should make that plausible as well. Can't wait to actually try it out and see how much of a tank mage I can really pull off.

Nista

I've got 8 Gigs of RAM and dual 2GB Radeon 6950s and the LOD pop-in can happen as close as five feet away. Its pretty crazy.

That's because it's tuned for consoles which are admittedly terrible at asset streaming. I saw characters and scenery LODing and popping out of nowhere in RDR and Skyrim as well.

That's because it's tuned for consoles which are admittedly terrible at asset streaming. I saw characters and scenery LODing and popping out of nowhere in RDR and Skyrim as well.
You can tweak that away on PC for Skyrim, so I'm just holding out some hope for something similar with this. Its the only thing keeping my finger away from the pre-order button without reservations, although short of negative reviews/GAF impressions I'm going to pick this up at some point regardless.

scy

Nice build. There's really a lot of tension between the last tier of hybrid destinies and the top tier of active abilities in some of the trees. I was originally considering finesse/sorcery (Daggers specifically) but came up with a might/sorcery build that I'm really excited to play.

I'm still not sure about Faeblades but it doesn't change the build in the slightest to switch the points so ... just kind of up in the air for the weapon choice.

Might/Sorcery build

If you plan on focusing with Elemental Rage for your spell damage, I'd make the argument for -2 Healing Surge for +2 Frostshackle. It may not add to ER damage but taking +75% to +150% on the slow duration seems like it may be worth it.

Besides that, looks interesting for a Battlemage build with just one weapon type; not even sure what I'd drop if I wanted to force in Greatswords (my preferred Might weapon). I may have to steal this setup when I make a Might/Sorcery character.

erragal

I'm still not sure about Faeblades but it doesn't change the build in the slightest to switch the points so ... just kind of up in the air for the weapon choice.

Weapon choice is one of those things in an action game I never can truly decide till I really play with it and get a feel for how the attacks move your character around/animation/speed. I could easily switch my Might/sorcery to staves if I find it to be better suited at higher levels. It's nice knowing there's a respec system in place (Even if it'll kill any chance I replay the game).

If you plan on focusing with Elemental Rage for your spell damage, I'd make the argument for -2 Healing Surge for +2 Frostshackle. It may not add to ER damage but taking +75% to +150% on the slow duration seems like it may be worth it.

Besides that, looks interesting for a Battlemage build with just one weapon type; not even sure what I'd drop if I wanted to force in Greatswords (my preferred Might weapon). I may have to steal this setup when I make a Might/Sorcery character.

Might actually go with that; didn't realize lower healing surge ranks only affect the charge cost which is something I'm not likely to be able to afford anyhow. Awesome.

What do you prefer about Greatswords? If you dropped Bulwark, Concussive Force, Power Strike, and Adrenaline Surge you can actually fit every point except one for Greatswords. You lose a touch of emergency survivability for the weapon flexibility but I don't consider Bulwark/Concussive to really be keys to the build at all.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I know universalist wont be that great up front, but being able to max out 6 skills will make them pretty damn godly in the long run :3

Loxley

Theorycrafting is my heart and soul. Some of the exacts may be different but I doubt they'll rebalance by removing the existing skill synergies. My Finesse/Sorcery plan is to work on Poison/Bleed for stuns, bonus damage, and explosions on enemy death; both spells are there for their area of effect properties only, really (depending on how Freezing damage works, anyway). The exact numbers of it all is something I'll save for retail.

Just kind of picking out what I think of as the best melee-heavy Rogue/Mage build in terms of skill properties, not so much skill numbers.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I actually think it's pretty cool that I'm even mentioning theorycrafting in thread about a 100% single-player RPG; seeing people toss around jargon that's normally reserved for MMO threads is cool to see. This next week is going to be a heck of a long wait, so I actually think it's totally appropriate for people to start pre-planning their characters and theorizing various builds in the mean time :)

scy

Might actually go with that; didn't realize lower healing surge ranks only affect the charge cost which is something I'm not likely to be able to afford anyhow. Awesome.

Yeah, that's the big thing that made me decide against Healing Surge in my build ... though, it's still good as a one-point wonder at the very least.

What do you prefer about Greatswords? If you dropped Bulwark, Concussive Force, Power Strike, and Adrenaline Surge you can actually fit every point except one for Greatswords. You lose a touch of emergency survivability for the weapon flexibility but I don't consider Bulwark/Concussive to really be keys to the build at all.

I couldn't tell you, to be honest; just didn't find Longswords very exciting, Hammers too slow, and Greatsword was just right.

That said, it would probably make more sense to try to squeeze in Staff Mastery instead just to not make too much of a sacrifice. I'd have to think about it (/actually get to play with the abilities some) to get anything definitive. Just feels "right" to have two weapon options, y'know?

Yeah, I see what you mean. I actually think it's pretty cool that I'm even mentioning theorycrafting in thread about a single-player RPG; seeing people toss around jargon that's normally reserved for MMO threads is cool to see.

I theorycraft everything. The amount of math I've done for games like Disgaea or Etrian Odyssey is mind boggling :|

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Is there any final say on if universalist adds to weapon mastery. Or does it just let you use the weapon "charge skills" I got two solid build Idea's but it really depends on the answer

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is there any final say on if universalist adds to weapon mastery. Or does it just let you use the weapon "charge skills" I got two solid build Idea's but it really depends on the answer

That's a good question. That would change whether I do Universalist or Might/sorcery.

Hawk269

Thanks for the reply. I've got 4 gigs of RAM, would upgrading to 8 make a noticeable difference?

No it wont man. I have just within the last 2 weeks added a SSD to my rig, so I have a fresh Windows Install, 8gig of Ram, 2x580 GTX 3gb Video Cards, Intel I72600k and I have the same lod/pop-in issues everyone else is experiencing. More memory wont do any good, regardless of what some people are saying.

It is more prevelant on the PC because we are able to play at a higher resoltion and frame rate, so everything looks cleaner, but the negative is that the pop in/lod issues eem more pronounced.

I know Curt said it is technical, but we are hoping someone else from the team can let us know something about the issue. I know of other games that came out with similar issues that were patched or the ability to change something in settings to eliminate it or reduce it. As it is right now, it is to close to your view. I could understand if it was a lot farther back in the view distance, but right now it is just way too close.

Hawk269

You can tweak that away on PC for Skyrim, so I'm just holding out some hope for something similar with this. Its the only thing keeping my finger away from the pre-order button without reservations, although short of negative reviews/GAF impressions I'm going to pick this up at some point regardless.

Exactly. I think it was within 24 hours of release of Skyrim that I found the tweaks to make it go away. But even without the tweaks, LOD issues are no where near as bad as they are in Reckoning. Like someone else said, Reckoning probably has the worst LOD/POP In issues I have seen. Now, I know that RAGE had issues because of the tech they used, but they also patched that away quickly.

This is also based on teh demo, so I can still hold out hope that the final version will be fixed or reduced. I know some have said "dont hold your breathe", but one can hope.

Luthos

I'm feeling a Sorcery/Finesse build, using Chakrams and Faeblades as my main two weapons. I'm gonna tinker with the calculator a bit to see if I like that idea.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I hate it when a game I really want is near release and it kills my desire to play everything I already have.

-Mikey-

I really am curious about this destiny the most.

It clearly says: Unlocks all Weapon Mastery Abilities. What I don't get is whether or not you would unlock 6/6 for Longsword Mastery and should avoid putting points in any of those or if there would be an added bonus for you if you were to dump points into a weapon mastery. I think we're asking the same thing here. It would be great if you did get 6/6 for all weapon mastery's because that would allow for even more customization since you can put points elsewhere.

Nista

That's a good question. That would change whether I do Universalist or Might/sorcery.

From what I read, it gives you all of the special attacks from each tree, but you still have to put the points in the weapon masteries.

And maybe down the line they could patch the LOD issues on PC, but that's a big time investment for the devs.

So on a whim I sent an email to Amazon asking if they'd price match Newegg and Toys R Us (45 bucks). I linked to both of their online prices, and then linked to amazons own price. Received a semi-form letter stating that they have price-matching policies in place for some products, but video games are not one of them. To thank me for being a valued customer, though, the respondent put 15 dollars credit on my account to use on my next purchase. Now that's some quality customer support.

Toki767

So on a whim I sent an email to Amazon asking if they'd price match Newegg and Toys R Us (45 bucks). I linked to both of their online prices, and then linked to amazons own price. Received a semi-form letter stating that they have price-matching policies in place for some products, but video games are not one of them. To thank me for being a valued customer, though, the respondent put 15 dollars credit on my account to use on my next purchase. Now that's some quality customer support.

Wow nice. Amazon does only price match TVs I believe. But if the game is on sale at a retail store they will usually price match that. It's the online sales they typically don't match.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

Yep. Amazon is awesome. When I ordered Deus Ex HR LE, I didn't get a code, so they gave me an 8% discount in its place...and then gave me a code 2 days later.

Fletcher

As others have said. This felt like what I wanted Fable to feel like. Pleasantly surprised.
Have they said how long they expect the game to be? Is it quite deep? Is their lots of loot? I love finding weapons and armor.

Top Bottom