• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk About PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming Titles

Listonosh

Not that I have seen, if used it would probably do rotation in VR comfort mode like Here They Lie and other VR Games do.
That way you can rotate back without actually turning.

Oh, like pressing a button to turn backwards. That's actually a great solution if that's how it works. I'm very interested to see how that game pans out.

Soi-Fong

Quite interested in that myself. In fact its difficult to choose what to start with on launch day. There is just so much to choose from. Have to try to be somewhat sensible too, but its difficult :p

Same. Haha I'm trying to whittle down the launch games to ones I know I want, but I have to admit, it's difficult. It's a real good problem to have though.

Briarios

So, anyone order their PSVR from Best Buy? I'm getting worried that mine is still preparing ...

Anyone have their status updated to shipped?

PS VR Launch Thread going live tomorrow (today?) at 12:30 a.m EST

I think it turn out pretty awesome if I do say so myself, hope you guys enjoy :p

jondy1703

Neo Member
So, anyone order their PSVR from Best Buy? I'm getting worried that mine is still preparing ...

I felt the same way. I called them today and they said that mine is prepared and ready to go, it just has to be picked up by the carrier, and that I should expect it to be delivered on the 13th.

Here's hoping that works out.

Kyolux

I think you're missing Batman Arkham VR there! ;D

Well, I decided to get a refund instead of a replacement on that defective racing wheel. So I may actually get that too. I think I'll buy in waves during the 13th, wait on some impressions from people though on some of the games. I only half-trust reviews.

I'm not worried. They wouldn't ship until today at the earliest and it wouldn't be unreasonable for them to ship tomorrow and still get here for release date delivery. I have mine through them too and not concerned one bit.

Vinter

Got the camera and move controllers in the mail today. Luckily I got a good price on the old camera, so only the move controllers were costly. Had to check the camera to see if it was tracking correctly. Seems fine, but I suppose the real test will be with the headset itself. Bring on thursday!

Briarios

I'm not worried. They wouldn't ship until today at the earliest and it wouldn't be unreasonable for them to ship tomorrow and still get here for release date delivery. I have mine through them too and not concerned one bit.

Best Buy has a pretty long history of missing release dates with pre-orders. They've been better recently, but with them, it's always concerning.

Already had some $ in my Canadian psn account, so topped it up with $20 more (£12'ish) and bought Thumper!

Rigs tomorrow then i'll decide what else after running through the demo disc Thursday. :)

AngerdX

I just can´t belive it, my psvr shipped but my camera didn´t and now i run the risk it wont get here for the 13th, annoying as hell. :/

wonderpug

Neo Member
Can anybody sell me on EVE? Thought it looked like a neat little $20-30 game but now I'm seeing in-game currency and a $60 tag... not sure what to think anymore

You're right that it's a neat little $20-30 game. I had some really fun hours with it but I wouldn't recommend it for a higher price than that. It's really neat in VR -- who doesn't like the idea of flying VR spaceships? -- but it doesn't have good longevity. The method for unlocking ships and weapons is really tedious, so it ends up being a grind trying to get new things to try out.

Kyolux

Still nothing on amazon.ca. I'm pretty zen about it so far. I just want to have it by Friday. Amazon says I should have it on Thursday.

That's awesome for you, congrats; they haven't been for me and a lot of other people.

The point is, it's not unreasonable to not have shipped when release is two days away. Typical ship time is one to two days before release. The same goes for Amazon. There's no need to panic or be worried at this point.

Shoeless

Well, I decided to get a refund instead of a replacement on that defective racing wheel. So I may actually get that too. I think I'll buy in waves during the 13th, wait on some impressions from people though on some of the games. I only half-trust reviews.

I have a similar game plan. I'm really interested in trying the demo disc first to get a taste for what I like and don't. Right now I've only already got Until Dawn and Batman VR downloaded, my only other "must haves" are Here They Lie and Robinson The Journey. Everything else is going to be based on reviews and GAF impressions.

I'll probably pass on Playstation VR Worlds. I have a sneaking suspicion that at some point, that's going to end up being free on PS+, so I can wait until then.

Kyolux

II'll probably pass on Playstation VR Worlds. I have a sneaking suspicion that at some point, that's going to end up being free on PS+, so I can wait until then.

Yup, same thing here. The demo has I think Ocean Descent on it? That's what I need on it to show off the VR to my mom and a few other less-gamer peeps in my surrounding for now.

Shoeless

Can anybody sell me on EVE? Thought it looked like a neat little $20-30 game but now I'm seeing in-game currency and a $60 tag... not sure what to think anymore

I actually would NOT recommend it. It's going to be included on the demo disc, so you can give it a spin there, but despite the fact that I'm huge advocate of cockpit games, EVE is actually primarily multi-player. There's no traditional single-player campaign in it like you'd get in Ace Combat or Wing Commander.

So if you're big on competitive cockpit multi-player games, I'd say go for it. If you want an actual campaign... it doesn't have that, but it's asking full price anyway. I think it'll probably be up for a massive discount during some future PSN flash sale anyway. That's going to happen to most of these launch games for the patient.

PSVR having a midnight launch event at Sony Square NYC (25 Madison Ave.)

link

Also, hundreds of GameStop and Best Buy locations across the U.S. will be opening their doors at midnight on October 13, so check your local store for details.

It's happening guys.

Shoeless

where can I find on of those from?

Almost any consumer electronics store is likely to sell them if your wireless didn't already come included with it. Just check out the audio accessory section of any store like Best Buy (or the Source, if you're in Canada) and you'll find a range of different cables at different prices, so if you're really cheap, you can certainly find one for under $10, though they can go as high as $30 or more in my experience.

Briarios

The point is, it's not unreasonable to not have shipped when release is two days away. Typical ship time is one to two days before release. The same goes for Amazon. There's no need to panic or be worried at this point.

Just let it go, man. Just let it go. Its not really up to you to tell me how I should feel. As I recall, a bit earlier you were upset at someone assuming things about you. You have no idea what my experiences with best buy are that may shape how I feel - which are just as legit as how you feel.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, same thing here. The demo has I think Ocean Descent on it? That's what I need on it to show off the VR to my mom and a few other less-gamer peeps in my surrounding for now.

Yeah Ocean Descent was going to be my family demo as well, but with all these media apps releasing I reckon they'll do the job instead.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

link

Also, hundreds of GameStop and Best Buy locations across the U.S. will be opening their doors at midnight on October 13, so check your local store for details.

It's happening guys.

Too bad my Gamestop is one hour away from my house :(

Just let it go, man. Just let it go. Its not really up to you to tell me how I should feel. As I recall, a bit earlier you were upset at someone assuming things about you. You have no idea what my experiences with best buy are that may shape how I feel - which are just as legit as how you feel.

You can panic all you want. I'm telling you what the norm is. Every launch thread of something significant always has people in a panic because they don't understand what the norm is for when things ship. I see it in every thread. Feel free to panic, I'm just trying to tell you nothing is abnormal with the shipping schedule.

Fisty

link

It's happening guys.

Midnight EASTERN time, Gamestops here in California are letting us pick up at 9PM

You can panic all you want. I'm telling you what the norm is. Every launch thread of something significant always has people in a panic because they don't understand what the norm is for when things ship. I see it in every thread. Feel free to panic, I'm just trying to tell you nothing is abnormal with the shipping schedule.

Except at every launch people get screwed by the norm.

Amazon usually ships the day before for whatever reason(I assume to avoid getting it early). This has cost me twice this year when my stuff didn't arrive on release day. It sucks when your looking forward to something and the one free month of prime they try to offer doesn't really help the situation

Top Bottom