• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet GOTY Edition coming to PS3

Proc

Will be buying this. I traded in my copy for the $9 killzone offer they had going in ebgames canada.

oneHeero

How much is this going to be? My friend would buy this again, and I might jump on board now too if the price is right!

-Winnie-

Surely there'll be some new developer made levels, right? The only DLC with levels that I can recall is the MGS pack.

Wollan

61Zsl3vBSTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Can't remember seeing a value statement like that before.

rvy

Banned
Here's hoping that it gets the success it deserves. It's sad to see a game like this sell so few copies.

Foil

Kinda glad I waited on this and Fallout 3 now. With all the DLC in both GOTY editions that saves me $80.

Shikashi said:
Here's hoping that it gets the success it deserves. It's sad to see a game like this sell so few copies.

What are you talking about?

Anyways, timing is key for this. Release it in mid-October and I won't have any time for it when all the new releases flood in.

All of this GOTY talk has got me wondering what Media Molecule are going to announce at Gamescom. Surely they have to announce level packs right?

Vard

Cool, I guess. I bought LBP at launch and have the MGS levels so I really don't see myself getting it. This is a great deal for those who haven't bought it yet though.

Mooreberg

jman2050 said:
Wait, am I LTTP? Do they actually make "GOTY editions" of games as marketing ploys?

g40635f62t8.jpg

LBP and Fallout 3 won AIAS and GDC respectively so I can see those games doing it. Can't wait to see how many titles have a "GOTY" edition next year. Maybe Assassins Creed II with an IGN box quote.

test_account

XP-39C²
Shikashi said:
How do you define "few copies"? (i hope that this question doesnt sound rude, since i am not trying to be rude. I am just wonder how much "few copies" is :)). I know that "few" can be relative though, and i guess that it was expected by many that Little Big Planet would sell a lot of copies, but Little Big Planet did sell at least over 1 million copies worldwide :)

Wollan said:
It did sell a couple of million I believe.
Did LBP reach over 2 million copies sold? I know that it sold at least over 1 million copies, and that was some months ago if i remember correctly, so maybe LBP have sold over 2 million copies by now?

jman2050 said:
Wait, am I LTTP? Do they actually make "GOTY editions" of games as marketing ploys?
How do you mean with marketing ploys? English isnt my first language, sorry :\

EDIT: I added some text.

rvy

Banned
1 million, or a little over it, is not enough for a game as good as LBP, that's what I'm saying. 3+ millions and I'd be a happy camper.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Mooreberg said:

This is one GoTY pack I never understood. The original game...bundled with DLC that was free.

There was no reason for people to be surprised with Left4Dead 2's announcement. All the hints that they liked money was there!

szaromir

Banned
jman2050 said:
Why even call them that though?
It's just an industry tradition, whenever a highly praised game gets a re-edition with all the bonus content included in it. I remember Deus Ex GOTY edition with multiplayer, so it's not a new trend. Luckily publishers don't stick it to every reedition out there, so there's not much confusion over it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Hopefully they fix the Play/Create/Share/ stats by the time this gets on the shelf :lol

(Crazy it ain't working yet)

BeeDog

TTP said:
Hopefully they fix the Play/Create/Share/ stats by the time this gets on the shelf :lol

(Crazy it ain't working yet)

Damn straight. It's fucking pathetic that shit ain't working yet. :lol

And how little DLC will actually be on the disc? Isn't all the DLC for the game past £100 yet? :p

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Boy did this thread turn stupid. Who cares how much it sold or how many awards it won? They're just putting the GOTY tag on instead of something like Little Big Planet: ____ or Little Big Planet: Special Edition.

I don't even like Little Big Planet, but are you really going to try to validate the name based on the metacritic score or where it ranked on GAF's GOTY list?

oh geez you lot wait for Mm to say somthing

Iam sure it will have new levels and will inpower creators to go out and make better and better levels

leng jai said:
They should have bundled a plush sackboy with the GOTY edition. Is that shit still impossible to find?
That would be nice. Hopefully, Target is still going to release plushies by themselves.

I wonder if LittleBigPlanet is going to get a major update when the GOTY edition releases.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I can't believe we're having a discussion about "GOTY" editions of games.

A shit ton of outlets give out GOTY awards. No single outlet has become the gold standard. Even the DS version of Desktop Tower Defense claimed it was a GOTY because of Totilo and N'Gai.

And since the beginning of time, companies have used the term "GOTY Edition" for their re-releases that contain additional content. I don't think too many people pick up GOTY Editions just because they say "Game of the Year" on them.

I loved the idea behind this game, the visuals, the character design -- everything but the controls, which ultimately made it so the game wasn't actually that much fun for me. I feel like I missed out.

Still, I'm glad I bought it, if only to reward the innovation on display.

onken

So where's the damn PSN version? LBP is one of those games that would really benefit from drop in/out convenience that disc free games can provide.

noah111

Still Alive
I was thinking of buying the LBP GOTY edition but since (I assume) it's basically the same game just with all the DLC (costumes, stickers, levels etc) packed in I was hoping they will have an ultimate bundle for DL on PSN, just a grand DLC pack that includes all of the past DLC stuff... call it "LBP GOTY DLC Bundle Pack" for all I care, it would just be so much better than me having to own two LBP game discs. If this doesn't happen i'll probably not buy the disc version, but I really don't see why they couldn't do it.

Guled

when is the FF7 dlc coming out, the MGS dlc is the only one worth buying right now

anyway, the only game that can really say GOTY and stay true to the phrase is GTA4 sadly, but its just a marketing ploy anyway who cares

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Guled said:
when is the FF7 dlc coming out, the MGS dlc is the only one worth buying right now

anyway, the only game that can really say GOTY and stay true to the phrase is GTA4 sadly, but its just a marketing ploy anyway who cares
Why? LBP did win several game of the year awards from places like Edge and others. I don't know how many GTA4 won, but who cares, really.

Christopher

Guled said:

Why? Dont videogame GOTY get measured by the AIAS awards? I remember Nintendo use to plaster that all over their games when they recieved the award, and didnt LBP recieve the AIAS award? Speaking of COD4 won that award last year too

Guled

Christopher said:
Why? Dont videogame GOTY get measured by the AIAS awards? I remember Nintendo use to plaster that all over their games when they recieved the award, and didnt LBP recieve the AIAS award? Speaking of COD4 won that award last year too
no way should goty be measured by the AIAS, anyway they can only really be one GOTY and critical and general gaming consensus settled on GTA4. Internet gaming fourms is in the minority when it comes to hating on the game

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Guled said:
no way should goty be measured by the AIAS?
Why not? Seems less arbitrary than alternatives. It's like deciding the best movie of the year - most people will just say it's the oscar winning movie, and won't be looking at rotten tomatoes scores and whatnot. LBP did win AIAS game of the year award, and thus deserves this edition more than just about any other game released last year.

Guled

Lord Error said:
Why not? Seems less arbitrary than alternatives. It's like deciding the best movie of the year - most people will just say it's the oscar winning movie, and won't be looking at rotten tomatoes scores and whatnot. LBP did win AIAS game of the year award, and thus deserves this edition more than just about any other game released last year.
you have to be a member to be considered for the award, thats why it should not be used.

-x.Red.x-

Guled said:

WTF!?, what I missed? when was this?
or joke?

Top Bottom