• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet GOTY Edition coming to PS3

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
gofreak said:
There should be $$ worth of DLC packed in.
It's odd though, I imagined they might sell this with the so long overdue Disney pack - I bet that would sell a lot better then just 'GOTY edition'.

BeeDog

Looks good, but personally I don't find it worthy of all this hype. At least have a full DLC with levels dedicated to this new gameplay mechanism along.

Holy shit awesome. That NEEDS a level pack a la MGS by the way, but I have no idea what franchise it could possibly be tied to.

Toothaiker

Neo Member
I want to try this, but unless it will play on my Sony set in 1080i...it is a no go. From what I see on the back panel, I am stuck with 720P as the only option and that gets bumped down to SD for me. I really wish they would have done as most developers and supported more than one rez.

KGKK

Banned
Meh, they were already some levels that simulated swimming in water pretty good. Wonder how exactly this will be game changing.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
argh, looks like there's a breath meter when you're under water. Hopefully that can be turned off.

KGKK said:
Meh, they were already some levels that simulated swimming in water pretty good. Wonder how exactly this will be game changing.

you can swim with new swim animation rather than using the rocket pack ;P

KGKK

Banned
DMPrince said:
you can swim with new swim animation rather than using the rocket pack ;P

New animation, new sound effects, the cool looking water physics. Not game changing at all unlike the awesome MGS paint gun.

iceatcs

KGKK said:
Look carefully on the video showing it is not only one. there will be more something.

Hint, at the end, "Part of an exciting NEW KIT"

But I dunno if it will be more gamechanger features.

KGKK said:
New animation, new sound effects, the cool looking water physics. Not game changing at all unlike the awesome MGS paint gun.

This is game changing. We'll see you at Sony's Game Conference in 35 minutes.
live blog lulz

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
KGKK said:
Water physics are not just cool 'looking' I think. Just imagine how much can actually be accomplished with water physics, pouring water from one place to next etc.

Oni Jazar

kazuma_pt said:
i don't think there will be a difference between both versions. apart that the goty version already has some dlc in it.

There is a difference. The GOTY edition will contain *new* levels from famous LBP creators.

Oni Jazar said:
There is a difference. The GOTY edition will contain *new* levels from famous LBP creators.

yes i understand that. what i was saying is that since it will be same version of the game, all of that content will be out on dlc.
the goty version of lbp is just old lbp with more levels. that's what i was saying, the core of the game is the same, and as such, all content will be available for both (i presume). perhaps i misunderstood your question.

donkey show said:
Do you rike it? :D

But seriously, this is why I didn't make an Azure Palace 2 or anything like that for GOTY.
how about you tell us more about this water feature. give us at least a hint if the water will be fully customizable ;P

like color of water, will we be able to simulate waves. will it slowly destroy our vehicles after awhile. will foam dissolve. can we make hot/cold water. hopefully it's just not a simple water add-on.

spwolf

kazuma_pt said:
yes i understand that. what i was saying is that since it will be same version of the game, all of that content will be out on dlc.
the goty version of lbp is just old lbp with more levels. that's what i was saying, the core of the game is the same, and as such, all content will be available for both (i presume). perhaps i misunderstood your question.

thank god for that :).

It is just an way to get more sales for awesome game, especially with PS3 at family friendlier price...

Zzoram

If I tried the original LBP that I borrowed from a friend before buying GOTY, and have all the patches installed from that, do I need to delete it and install a fresh batch of patches for the GOTY disc?

Zzoram

MvmntInGrn said:
Wow I didn't expect this til LBP2. Looks awesome! :D

They better not release a sequel too soon. The whole point of games with user generated content and expandability is to keep the base game going for 4+ years before a sequel.

Seriously LittleBigPlanet shouldn't have sequels, unless it's a completely different universe and tone. And even then it shouldn't be called LBP2, just LittleBigWhatever.

Zzoram said:
If I tried the original LBP that I borrowed from a friend before buying GOTY, and have all the patches installed from that, do I need to delete it and install a fresh batch of patches for the GOTY disc?
You'll be fine. It's essentially the same game so your save file and whatnot will transfer over.

No new trophies in this one for you trophy whores out there, although they should have added one that requires you to play all the exclusive user levels. =p

Top Bottom