• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I asked if anyone had read it some time ago to get an opinion on it because I was thinking about purchasing it but felt too lazy to check some scanlations. So it's good?

It's great. Just really unoriginal. Good execution though. Takes the best points of both Fairy Tail and Rave.

Only read 2 volumes so far, but I'm loving it. Hope it catches on and becomes the next Magi in here.

Big One

Banned
Oh. Is this what happened? To me, what happened was that Usopp was butthurt that the boat his main squeeze gave him was done for. Luffy told him, and he couldn't accept it.
This is a manga discussion not a rap battle.

Then, he fucking challenged Luffy and got his ass whooped (this took courage, sure). Because of his pride, he didn't want to come crawling back with his tail between his legs, and came instead under the disguise of "Sogeking".

After all was said and done, a true boss (Zoro) made sure this motherfucker who disrespected Luffy did not come back with his usual bullshit and thus he came crawling back to the crew.

And afterwards, he's the same dumbass he always was. Now with a realization of who the real boss is.
I didn't realize coming back to be a complete badass and bro counts as "crawling back." Sogeking is the most badass thing in the existence of the universe itself next to Dio Brando, Guts, that one dude from Vinland Saga, etc. etc.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Shingeki no Kyojin 31

Wait.........................

............................... WHAT?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
This is a manga discussion not a rap battle.
Nice troll.
KuGsj.gif

Big One said:
I didn't realize coming back to be a complete badass and bro counts as "crawling back."
Pay more attention next time.

Big One

Banned
Pay more attention next time.
Pay more attention to how Usopp came back with a legitimate weapon that can fucking kill you with a single shot as a hero rather than a coward? Pay more attention to how even though it was clear everyone knew who he was aside from Luffy and Chopper, he still actively followed his crew to the very end? Pay attention to how he put away his fear to stand up for what he believed in when he got his ass handed to him by Luffy? Yeah, sorry, but Usopp is the most badass human being in fictional history. FACT.

dumbyugi

Silver Spoon 33

Pretty good chapter, manga trolling and the 'The End' panel were easily the highlights. The upcoming festival should hopefully have some great moments.

Ubel Blatt 102

Explosions, tears, crazy Gerold. Pretty much sums up the chapter.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Pay more attention to how Usopp came back with a legitimate weapon that can fucking kill you with a single shot as a hero rather than a coward? Pay more attention to how even though it was clear everyone knew who he was aside from Luffy and Chopper, he still actively followed his crew to the very end? Pay attention to how he put away his fear to stand up for what he believed in when he got his ass handed to him by Luffy?
Pay attention to the fact that all of this was preceded by him being a bitch and getting his ass kicked in the first place. He came back resolved because he got his ass kicked...it's nothing surprising.

Then, with tears flowing, he was made sure to be seen begging to come back to the crew because of Zoro's mandate.
Big One said:
Yeah, sorry, but Usopp is the most badass human being in fictional history. FACT.
Zoro is more badass than Usopp. FACT.

What now?

Lain

It's not even a contest man.
On one side we have this wimp that cries over a motherfucking boat.
On the other side we have a dude that goes to take a nap to recover from a cut to the stomach.
It's clear who's the badass and who is not, no argument needs to be made. That's a FACT.

gunbo13

Goodnight Punpun (v03-04)

-Yuuichi <3

Yuuichi is the man. I'm so glad that he is getting air time cause he was my favorite in the earlier volumes. And the fact that v05 (I just checked the first couple pages) keeps his drama going is music to my ears. Punpun has a nice coming of age story and you really route for him with Aiko. But Yuuichi has that salvation from tragedy thing going on that really makes you feel for the guy. If more tragedy striking him keeps him in the story then I am all for it.

Vol in 3 (badminton, seduction, saving)

Is this based on facts?
KuGsj.gif

Yeah, I couldn't take the post seriously after that statement. Zoro will forever be best Straw Hat

For once i agree with BO (only on Usoppe). Usoppe is one 2 characters i like in op. The other being Garp. Usoppe has already achieved what he wanted, now he is just helping others achieve theirs. Besides Zorro is a shitty character.

Nein Sanji is best, then Sogeking
I used to like Sanji a lot, but than Oda ruined him by getting an arrow to the nose and bleeding never ended since.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
It's not even a contest man.
On one side we have this wimp that cries over a motherfucking boat.
On the other side we have a dude that goes to take a nap to recover from a cut to the stomach.

It's clear who's the badass and who is not, no argument needs to be made. That's a FACT.
<3

For once i agree with BO (only on Usoppe). Usoppe is one 2 characters i like in op. The other being Garp. Usoppe has already achieved what he wanted, now he is just helping others achieve theirs. Besides Zorro is a shitty character.

I used to like Sanji a lot, but than Oda ruined him by getting an arrow to the nose and bleeding never ended since.

Garp? what do you see in Garp? Or for that matter what do people see in Usopp? Really it ought to be no contest for people to like Luffy, Zoro, or Sanji the most, theyve been crew members the longest and further consistently never cease to amaze and please. (Swords, Fire, always epic)

Though Oda did take the nose bleed thing to the extreme, its so much more apparent animated this arc.

Big One

Banned
Pay attention to the fact that all of this was preceded by him being a bitch and getting his ass kicked in the first place. He came back resolved because he got his ass kicked...it's nothing surprising.

Then, with tears flowing, he was made sure to be seen begging to come back to the crew because of Zoro's mandate.
Son those were manly tears. Anyone who was a human being cried when they read that chapter. This isn't some why me cry edition 0 shit, this is straight up truth and depressing shit.

Zoro is more badass than Usopp. FACT.

What now?
Well I guess if you like the equivalent of a character pulling out a deck of YGO cards and summoning anything out of his ass, then sure Zoro is more badass than Usopp. However Usopp doesn't need to overextend himself to fight par-to-par with his allies. He uses his wits to get by while Zoro just buffs himself out (w/o getting da ladies, mind you, wtf is wrong with him?!) so he can learn "cool" new techniques. Zoro belongs in Bleach/Naruto, not One Piece.

Son those were manly tears. Anyone who was a human being cried when they read that chapter. This isn't some why me cry edition 0 shit, this is straight up truth and depressing shit.

Well I guess if you like the equivalent of a character pulling out a deck of YGO cards and summoning anything out of his ass, then sure Zoro is more badass than Usopp. However Usopp doesn't need to overextend himself to fight par-to-par with his allies. He uses his wits to get by while Zoro just buffs himself out (w/o getting da ladies, mind you, wtf is wrong with him?!) so he can learn "cool" new techniques. Zoro belongs in Bleach/Naruto, not One Piece.
That says more about Oda than it does about Zoro.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Son if you cried at that shit you must just be a pussy of the highest degree. You must've also shed tears when a fucking boat passed away. (RIP MERRY)
Big One said:
Lmao. Usopp is the epitome of "can't do shit".

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Blah, all this talk about Zoro being a badass and such.

No sword wielding mofo can ever be more badass than Kenshin anyways.

His sensei. So ridiculously broken.

Yes it has. Sogeking is the most badass thing ever and shows character growth into being badass.
No. The only reason he came up with that persona was so that he wouldn't have to admit he was wrong and that the Going Merry was nonviable.

So he did all that purely out of cowardice.

No. The only reason he came up with that persona was so that he wouldn't have to admit he was wrong and that the Going Merry was nonviable.

THe whole series is broken as shit. Oda has us to believe a certain character without a DF is completely human yet they're seen throwing buildings off of themselves after being buried...and it's like...really?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car

I don't see how people find this shit incredible or something.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Well I suppose....

But for me Kenshin is a lot more badass than his sensei, though. He is not the "perfect" dude and his body is unsuitable to the punishing style of Hiten Mitsurugi but even so he managed to kick so many asses it's not even funny.

That's actually... a very accurate way of describing it, huh.

THe whole series is broken as shit. Oda has us to believe a certain character without a DF is completely human yet they're seen throwing buildings off of themselves after being buried...and it's like...really?

How is that broken? You keep using that word even though I'm fairly sure you have no idea what it means

Big One

Banned
Son if you cried at that shit you must just be a pussy of the highest degree. You must've also shed tears when a fucking boat passed away. (RIP MERRY)
Well I'll take "pussy" over anything else cause I'm not afraid of being a human being doing human things. The real pussies are people who jack off to Sasuke and cry to his backstory, not to truly manly shit like Usopp.

Lmao. Usopp is the epitome of "can't do shit".
Usopp has done shit since the dawn of time itself. He's now just as buff as everyone else, he has a girlfriend he's going to plant his seed in once his journey is over, his entire goal in the series is to "become manly" and to go on manly ass adventures, he can fight in ways the crew can't. Zoro wants to become greatest swordsman...yeah, realistic goal to work there. At least Usopp's goal is a lifetime experience and will last him till death. Zoro? Nope he's just gonna settle down in some girly ass Japanese kimono shit and live peacefully like his master. Zoro is too freaking conservative to even have an active sex life, while Usopp knows how to treat his womyn well and is able to caress them into the ultimate sex life experience. Usopp is da the best.

Sure, socially. But physically and in terms of fighting ability, there is nothing of cowardice in Sogeking's role in CP9. He played a bigger role than he ever had, dawning a new weapon with new tools and new tricks. This is what makes Usopp badass. Zoro just makes up moves out of his ass, while Usopp has to think about them and plan them ahead of time and make them with tools.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Well I'll take "pussy" over anything else cause I'm not afraid of being a human being doing human things.
Well I'm glad you accept that.

Usopp is not a human being. Did you jerk off to those scenes with Merry's tears?
Big one said:
Usopp has done shit since the dawn of time itself. He's now just as buff as everyone else, he has a girlfriend he's going to plant his seed in once his journey is over, his entire goal in the series is to "become manly" and to go on manly ass adventures, he can fight in ways the crew can't. Zoro wants to become greatest swordsman...yeah, realistic goal to work there. At least Usopp's goal is a lifetime experience and will last him till death. Zoro? Nope he's just gonna settle down in some girly ass Japanese kimono shit and live peacefully like his master. Zoro is too freaking conservative to even have an active sex life, while Usopp knows how to treat his womyn well and is able to caress them into the ultimate sex life experience. Usopp is da the best.
Zoro doesn't have to yearn to be a badass BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN ONE SINCE HIS BIRTH.

Zoro doesn't need to fuck bitches to validate his manhood. He naturally spreads his seed every time he swings his sword.

Usopp's ol' 20 year old virgin-IwishIwasbadass self would be more happy to get it from Luffy than give it to Kaya...or whatever her name was.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

How is that broken? You keep using that word even though I'm fairly sure you have no idea what it means

Mainly because we have no idea what his boundaries are. One minute Zoro is taking all of Luffy's punishment and the next a girl dies from falling down the fucking stairs. Inconsistency all up in this bitch.

Articalys

Kimi no Iru Machi 173-174

This is hilarious. The only thing to rage about is the fact that there's nothing to actually rage about. There hasn't been any real plot to speak of in weeks. What on earth is Kouji Seo doing?

Big One

Banned
Zoro doesn't have to yearn to be a badass BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN ONE SINCE HIS BIRTH.

Zoro doesn't need to fuck bitches to validate his manhood. He naturally spreads his seed every time he swings his sword.

Usopp's ol' 20 year old virgin-IwishIwasbadass self would be more happy to get it from Luffy than give it to Kaya...or whatever her name was.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Usopp? Virgin? How is that even fucking possible? Think about it...I mean his nose is his fucking dick, metaphorically. When Nami first saw him in that bar after the timeskip, she literally shoved his nose in between her tittaes. That is far more pootang the entire Strawhats will ever experience in their entire lives. Usopp knew he was putting his dick in her titties, and he didn't object. Luffy, though? When the Amazon fondles his balls, he doesn't react whatsoever. When Boa Hancock proposes to be his life-long wife, he denies it. All the fucking active sex down the drain.

Zoro? Don't even get me fucking started. He has a fucking kawaii ass moe bitch that wants to fuck him, but yet he isn't getting the hint. Now let me be clear, I'm not claiming they didn't hit it off in between the timeskip, but the reason why I doubt this is because Oda has foreshadowed in the past that Zoro has a lack of directional skills. I mean, it's been a while since we've seen him really fuck up there, but if he can't tell which way is to the fucking bathroom, what makes you think he's capable of even having sex? He's too hung up on his dead girlfriend to even think about that.

Usopp though? Maaan he has no shame. Why do you think all of the doujins out there primarily feature Usopp fucking Nami and Robin? It's because the homeland knows the truth...Usopp is the man.

Buster Keel vol 3

This is seriously like reading Fairy Tail from the beginning. It's great. Like if hypothetically Fairy Tail and Rave took place in the same universe but thousands of years apart, this would take place right between the two. This guy totally knows Mashima I bet. Might even be a former assistant or something.

Anyway, cool stuff happening. Keel's teacher should be fun.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Sure, socially. But physically and in terms of fighting ability, there is nothing of cowardice in Sogeking's role in CP9. He played a bigger role than he ever had, dawning a new weapon with new tools and new tricks. This is what makes Usopp badass. Zoro just makes up moves out of his ass, while Usopp has to think about them and plan them ahead of time and make them with tools.

So a character making himself a bigger slingshot = character development to you.

Good to know.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Usopp dickriding.
Nobody goes after Usopp. He's got one bitch on him. That's it. And after the timeskip she'd prolly prefer the usopp crew than Usopps "oh i got a couple of fucking plants in my pockets" bitch ass.

Zoro? He gets the bitches. Any bitch that doesn't want him? He kills. Usopp is incapable of that because he is weaker than everyone. What a sap. (see what I did there)

Big One

Banned
So a character making himself a bigger slingshot = character development to you.

Good to know.
No, coming out and actually fighting is proof of character development. The character development of Usopp happened in the chapter where he fought Luffy. He got his ass handed to him from sticking to his old ideals and ways, and he came back as a stronger, better character.

Nobody goes after Usopp.
Oh really? Explain the bird bitch looking at him like she gonna fuck him.

Case closed.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Know, coming out and actually fighting is proof of character development. The character development of Usopp happened in the chapter where he fought Luffy. He got his ass handed to him from sticking to his old ideals and ways, and he came back as a stronger, better character.
He hasn't gotten any stronger because of that fight with Luffy. He realized that he's a fucking idiot after he got roflstomped by Luffy. And, as Fresh said, he came under the disguise of Sogeking because he didn't want to admit he was a fucking dolt back on W7.
Oh really? Explain the bird bitch looking at him like she gonna fuck him.

Case closed.
Knowing Oda, I'm 99.9% sure that was a dude.

/Argument.

Big One

Banned
He hasn't gotten any stronger because of that fight with Luffy. He realized that he's a fucking idiot after he got roflstomped by Luffy. And, as Fresh said, he came under the disguise of Sogeking because he didn't want to admit he was a fucking dolt back on W7.
So being able to go toe-to-toe with enemies that are ridiculously out of his league means he isn't stronger?

Knowing Oda, I'm 99.9% sure that was a dude.

/Argument.
This isnt' Narutu, son.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So being able to go toe-to-toe with enemies that are ridiculously out of his league means he isn't stronger?
No. It means that Oda likes to retcon Usopp's victories when they make no sense given his character has set the precedent of being fucking weak.

This isnt' Narutu, son.
Usopp belongs there. I'm sure he could help or be apart of Shino's shit clan since he knows all about DEM BUGZ.

And I'm sure he'd halp Naruto in his love quest for the sauce. Usopp knows all about those "journeys".

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
No, coming out and actually fighting is proof of character development. The character development of Usopp happened in the chapter where he fought Luffy. He got his ass handed to him from sticking to his old ideals and ways, and he came back as a stronger, better character.
Except he didn't change at all. He's still a whiny coward.

Closest he ever got to badass was:

"I'm already negative!"

You guys really are idiots.

The best character in OP is Nami because boobs.
She is well dressed for the sea. It's fortunate sailors never had to worry about sunburn.

Sanji is the worst character design since a business suit is unsuitable for a sea voyage.

Glass Rebel

So Nami. I think she's hotter than Robin now. I mean, she was kinda hot before the timeskip but dat (orange) hair and dat waist. Robin post-timeskip looks like Glenn Beckmann, donotwant.jpg

MCD

Pay more attention to how Usopp came back with a legitimate weapon that can fucking kill you with a single shot as a hero rather than a coward? Pay more attention to how even though it was clear everyone knew who he was aside from Luffy and Chopper, he still actively followed his crew to the very end? Pay attention to how he put away his fear to stand up for what he believed in when he got his ass handed to him by Luffy? Yeah, sorry, but Usopp is the most badass human being in fictional history. FACT.

Too much One Piece for you.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't know how you guys can argue against the certainty of cold, hard, objective FACTS.

Next you'll be telling me 2 + 2 = 5.

Mainly because we have no idea what his boundaries are. One minute Zoro is taking all of Luffy's punishment and the next a girl dies from falling down the fucking stairs. Inconsistency all up in this bitch.

You're bringing up
1. A person who ISN'T Zoro who
2. Died years before the series even started

I'm not sure what your point was with her, since her dying from that means nothing (unless you're saying Zoro is only as strong/durable as a girl is her early teens)

El Sloth

Banned
I don't know if I prefer this or TLR discussion.

Maybe we should all just read some really corny shoujo stuff as a palette cleanser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom