• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

I know we like to keep things fun & playful and often go off-topic, but at the end of the day this is a wrestling thread that people come to primarily to talk about wrestling, which is something people should probably keep in mind before filling a page or two with Taylor Swift GIFs.

Also when will we see more of the Progress wrestling guys stateside?

Tommy End is coming over to EVOLVE for WrestleMania weekend, but he's more of a wXw guy than a PROGRESS guy and is known from stuff he did with CZW - there's Mark Andrews & Grado over there at the moment for TNA/various indies, plus Zack Sabre Jr. for PWG & EVOLVE, but he really made his name in NOAH. On the whole I'd guess most of the UK talent isn't well known enough in the US for anyone to fly them over - Mark Andrews & Pete Dunne were very well received when they did a tour a few years back, but they had to pay out of their own pocket to make it happen

Those UK assholes need to stay across the pond where they belong

They can pay for US workers and US cameramen to fly over, but it's a one way street dammit!

BIG VAN WALTER

RP912

Banned
tumblr_nkec0mszvM1qf7xjao1_400.jpg

should have been a 80s sitcom.

Those UK assholes need to stay across the pond where they belong

They can pay for US workers and US cameramen to fly over, but it's a one way street dammit!

BIG VAN WALTER

The future of Indie wrestling is British, I say! BRITISH!! Plus, some Germans, a few Dutch and some lads and lasses from Eire. We're taking over, friend.

Also, Walter's awesome and needs to be booked everywhere, like, yesterday.

Last night was a good lesson that gimmick posting is almost never entertaining.

Last night was a good lesson to not be a fucking idiot

The future of Indie wrestling is British, I say! BRITISH!! Plus, some Germans, a few Dutch and some lads and lasses from Eire. We're taking over, friend.

Also, Walter's awesome and needs to be booked everywhere, like, yesterday.

You're going down Boots!

I was half-tempted to ask this in the Fitness thread, but not many would know what I'm on about, so... Is it just me, or did Arn Anderson have a fantastic physique? Not necessarily a great-looking physique, but one that actually worked?

Absolutely. He was a big dood but he wasn't flabby or fat. Didn't have cuts but at the same time, you knew he was strong as fuck. Corbin or The Ascension wishes they looked like him.

iMax

I hate how you can win by pin fall or submission in cage matches. What's the difference between a cage match and Hell in a Cell matches now?

Cage matches have a locked door that gets unlocked by the referee whenever somebody gets near it—and then crucially relocked whenever they're not.
It's quite possibly the stupidest fucking gimmick match in WWE right now.

1. Good OP, Alucard

2. I woke up to a wrestling episode of RuPaul's Drag Race. This is surely a good sign that my faith in Reigns will be rewarded.

3. See you in 2 weeks, friends Titus and Cure. The T-Swift Band shall reunite soon <3

Showaddy

You know, with all the hype Shoot Nation's gotten, are we even sure they're any good?

They're good by the standards of inexperienced pro-wrestlers in development and they're over at house shows (though pretty much everyone is to be honest...) but that's about it at the moment.

somedevil

You know, with all the hype Shoot Nation's gotten, are we even sure they're any good?

Its really not the nation thats getting the hype its the leader of it Chad Gable. You know he has the hype when he got a jobber entrance with a match with Tyler Breeze and got a lot of cheers and chants when its your first appearance.

He is really good supposedly with the only problem like all wrestlers his gear looks like Angle's so will the casuals just think he is a rip off.

UberTag

Should I be offended that the WWE is deliberately inserting "random black guy for color" as interchangeable in the WrestleMania banner graphic at the top of this thread?

I saw Mark Henry in that same graphic not less than one week ago. And now he's morphed into the equally irrelevant Big E. What black wrestler will they swap in unnoticed next?

Sou Da

Should I be offended that the WWE is deliberately inserting "random black guy for color" as interchangeable in the WrestleMania banner graphic at the top of this thread?

I saw Mark Henry in that same graphic not less than one week ago. And now he's morphed into the equally irrelevant Big E. What black wrestler will they swap in unnoticed next?

Chocolate Cena.

Roman Reigns.

...what?

Jesus, what the fuck happened last night?

Anyway, hype for the PWG title announcement, super hype for PROGRESSLEMANIA, and got ENDVR tomorrow. It's a good time.

BritWres is taking over friends.

Forgive me GAF for I have failed this community.

Went out to meet some friends before heading to the Wrasslin'. Alcohol on an empty stomach makes Greedo a reckless boy who decided, rather than partaking in some wholesome entertainment, he'd stay with his degenerate friends and drink for approximately 7 hours then roll home extremely drunk having seen not so much as a suplex. I now feel rough as dogs and also missed out on all the drama so I feel like I've been punished enough :(

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Jesus, what the fuck happened last night?

Anyway, hype for the PWG title announcement, super hype for PROGRESSLEMANIA, and got ENDVR tomorrow. It's a good time.

BritWres is taking over friends.
Last night a number of our members embraced the hate, but today is a new day. I believe that is what one of our good members would have said.

Absolutely. He was a big dood but he wasn't flabby or fat. Didn't have cuts but at the same time, you knew he was strong as fuck. Corbin or The Ascension wishes they looked like him.

Yeah. He's an unconventional body idol for most, but still an aspiration. I mean, Rick Rude's still my ultimate goal, but Double A is up there.

... And he'd sadly get nowhere today because he looks so average. Tsk. Stupid Vince.

Its really not the nation thats getting the hype its the leader of it Chad Gable. You know he has the hype when he got a jobber entrance with a match with Tyler Breeze and got a lot of cheers and chants when its your first appearance.

He is really good supposedly with the only problem like all wrestlers his gear looks like Angle's so will the casuals just think he is a rip off.

That reaction is specifically what made me wonder. Given how NXT's crowds will cheer for a lot of things, I wasn't sure whether Gable had done anything to warrant the hype other than the amateur background. I suppose my Swagger Sense is tingling.

He had what could be called the Dad Strength Physique. He didn't look like a gym rat; instead, Arn looked like a dude who the neighborhood kids would be scared of.

DMczaf

I wasn't in the Hall of Shame last month?

Looks like this old man is starting to wind down. Time to pass the torch, give rubs, and do some future building jobs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thought I would post this here. I won a trans-light at the Wrestlemania Pinball launch party.
I have a custom light box I built so I swapped it in.

South%20Aurora-20150227-00033_zpsxjre8cmy.jpg

I don't know if I love Cena's giant face in the front but I haven't gotten any wrestling swag in a long time so I'll take it.

Pretty neat

Flair was incredible, but you may be right.

Agreed. And I say that as the absolute biggest fan of Ric Flair. Not that Flair WASN'T anything short of amazing at Horsemen promos, it's just that Arn was literally perfect at 'em.

Exactly. Flair was absolutely ridiculously good at promos. But Arn...good god, Arn was so excellent, I have to go with him. He'd be the best person to learn from, promo wise.

Top Bottom