• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like something Scotty Riggs would have come out to on Shotgun if he had jumped ship in 1999.

It's like a Jimmy Hart Version of Cactus Jack's WWE theme.

I son't know if that's encouraging or not. This is going to be another Renee Young photoshoot situation isn't it? Gonna be on edge for a whole month....

I'd say don't hold your breath. If they dubbed over it it's because they wrote their own song and want to use that one. Maybe the guy who wrote the original theme didn't want to sell it to WWE like the guy that wrote Bray Wyatt's theme. I remember news coming out of these NXT tapings was that they changed Adam Rose's theme song anyway...

It's like a Jimmy Hart Version of Cactus Jack's WWE theme.

I'd say don't hold your breath. If they dubbed over it it's because they wrote their own song and want to use that one. Maybe the guy who wrote the original theme didn't want to sell it to WWE like the guy that wrote Bray Wyatt's theme. I remember news coming out of these NXT tapings was that they changed Adam Rose's theme song anyway...
Thats just fucking bullshit. No respect for the God, the Jesus or the Mr. McMahon. FUUUUCCCCKKKKK

I son't know if that's encouraging or not. This is going to be another Renee Young photoshoot situation isn't it? Gonna be on edge for a whole month....
As a newly crowned Renee Young stan, I must know the backstory on the bolded.

Also, haven't caught the new NXT yet, are they still going with the whole E party with Adam Rose thing? Dude was destroying gum in his "debut."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man these Mania reviews get a lot longer than expected. I'm only on match 4. I'm really pleased with how I write, though, so I'm happy so far. Turning my notes into the actual review is fun.

I think all of us who have done a Mania review have a newfound appreciation and respect for the hard work Stro does.

EWmof.gif
strobogo
p0QHO.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Man these Mania reviews get a lot longer than expected. I'm only on match 4. I'm really pleased with how I write, though, so I'm happy so far. Turning my notes into the actual review is fun.

I think all of us who have done a Mania review have a newfound appreciation and respect for the hard work Stro does.

EWmof.gif
strobogo
p0QHO.gif

Respect?

I'm convinced that guy is batshit insane! Like Arkham Asylum levels of insane. Somebody should call somebody.

Kaladin

Dear Hollywood,

Can we get over the whole young adult overcoming societies failures set in a futuristic sci-fi dystopia with distinct social classes while exploring universal themes like love, acceptance of others, individuality and other stuff and move on to the next story archetype?

Thanks.

Now back to the wrasslin.

jmdajr

Dear Hollywood,

Can we get over the whole young adult overcoming societies failures set in a futuristic sci-fi dystopia with distinct social classes while exploring universal themes like love, acceptance of others, individuality and other stuff and move on to the next story archetype?

Thanks.

Now back to the wrasslin.

It's won't be too much longer and that whole genre will be buried like 80s/90s action movies.

You're living in a time with unprecedented convenient, free and/or cheap access to more quality films than any other period in history. If you're complaining about what Hollywood is putting out you're just fucking lazy.

jmdajr

You're living in a time with unprecedented convenient, free and/or cheap access to more quality films than any other period in history. If you're complaining about what Hollywood is putting out you're just fucking lazy.

I miss going out to the movies on the weekends, but I'm not miserable spending time with my kid either. So life is still plenty good.

No doubt we will get a babysitter when Captain America comes out because comic movies are the best and will be so for decades to come. Can't be buried.

Kaladin

Thing is, as long as Hollywood keeps turning them into movies or tv series, they will keep writing more of these series and it will become as bloated as the zombie genre.

But it's what Sandman was referring to. I think.

Several things, including that....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cody Rhodes said he's excited for the new Metal Gear Solid and Titanfall. Do you guys think he's a fake guy gamer?!

Probably, Titanfall is already out so he shouldn't be excited

unless he's playing on stone-age gen hardware like the xbonks 360 or ps3

Thing is, as long as Hollywood keeps turning them into movies or tv series, they will keep writing more of these series and it will become as bloated as the zombie genre.

You aren't even the target demo, so why give a fuck? And I mean really, Hunger Games is a hell of a lot better than the vapid Sweet Valley High bullshit they were marketing to girls in our generation.

Probably, Titanfall is already out so he shouldn't be excited

unless he's playing on stone-age gen hardware like the xbonks 360 or ps3
Lol, I was gonna write the same thing, a real gamer would know the release dates of the games and know they already came out!

Reigns still bought COD for 360 from that photo.

jmdajr

You aren't even the target demo, so why give a fuck? And I mean really, Hunger Games is a hell of a lot better than the vapid Sweet Valley High bullshit they were marketing to girls in our generation.

I got no beef with those movies. Girls need some decent nerd shit too. Having said that not sure how much legs the whole thing has. It's not like comic books that have been around since before ww2 and has generations and generations of fans. I guess we'll see.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched This Is PROGRESS Chapter 11 last night in a bout of sleeplessness. Really enjoyed Cruz & Haskins beating Mastiff and Stixx. Mastiff is a lot of fun and he could be something TRULY special if he'd just lose some weight. I know that's a shitty thing to say but I think some different ring gear is a quick fix for that and would add more to his character.

Loved Swords of Essex. Dickheads! Jimmy Havoc vs Zack Sabre Jr was a ton of fun. I really, REALLY like Jimmy Havoc and they're doing some great stuff with him. Pretty hyped up crowd too. I highly recommend this purchase.

Thanks to Bootaaay for getting me to pull the trigger, definitely plan on picking up future shows. For some reason I don't feel like grabbing the older ones, even though I bought a couple previous. I kind of just want to ride the wave currently.

Kaladin

I'm not in the target demo, but it's sci-fi and is potentially taking money away from sci-fi projects I would be in the target demo for.

I must admit, I loved Hunger Games, and the sequel just added to the world because that story's world building is it's best aspect. But all of these others are mere clones....not much difference in the plot archetype and it's got old.

jmdajr

All triforces are fucking lame. Zelda is my least favorite Nintendo franchise. Such a stupid ass, unfun series.

Last game I finished was Link to The past. I also really enjoyed Zelda 2. Have not finished any since.

Well I did skip N64 all together, but that's because IT SUCKED!
PS1ONE FOR LIFE.

jred2k

That isn't allowed. If something isn't for me it just shouldn't exist at all.

strobogo

Banned
Dick Murdoch is hilarious against Afa on the 10/22/84 MSG show. The whole match is basically, "Dick is a stupid redneck that is too stupid to stop trying to attack Afa's head".

ilh8SwtAUQbPe.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Afa's definitely one of my favorite old school dudes. I love him, and his face. His face is a delight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom