• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming movies:

Bad Words looks entertaining, in a Bad Santa sort of way.

Noah could be fun just to see what a clusterfuck of a film it could be.

The Raid 2 is out next week, and that deserves more hype.

Then there's Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which looks good.

For those inclined, In the Blood stars Gina Carano and Danny Trejo.

Under the Skin looks interesting.

I'm assuming that Vinny on the Bryan and Vinny Show last night had another meltdown over Impact.

strobogo

Banned
Afa's definitely one of my favorite old school dudes. I love him, and his face. His face is a delight.

No. Dick Murdoch is a delight. He was such an amazing stooge. Everyone should watch this match just to see how amazing Dick Murdoch was. Dream match: 35 minute post Raw dark match Steve Austin vs Dick Murdoch.

EDIT: Did a few posts just get deleted in here?

Kaladin

Upcoming movies:

Noah could be fun just to see what a clusterfuck of a film it could be.

It's hilarious to me that they didn't stick to the scripture with Noah and now it's getting all this backlash from church groups telling people not to go see it.

Um.....it's getting the story out there and creating more awareness of the religion around it. Who cares if they didn't stick to the scripture....one would think you'd want to people to turn to the Bible, find the differences and maybe find something else in the process.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No. Dick Murdoch is a delight. He was such an amazing stooge. Everyone should watch this match just to see how amazing Dick Murdoch was. Dream match: 35 minute post Raw dark match Steve Austin vs Dick Murdoch.

EDIT: Did a few posts just get deleted in here?

I should head towards Dick Murdoch town, I feel I need some education on more of his work.

WWE Network really is the best thing.

strobogo

Banned
Cody never answers my Twitter question on how much he enjoyed A Link Between Worlds... :(

What the hell, Stro? ;_;

They suck. All of them. They aren't fun. Game play isn't fun, story isn't fun. Elves are stupid.

I should head towards Dick Murdoch town, I feel I need some education on more of his work.

WWE Network really is the best thing.

It's so fun. Goes to a time limit draw, too. Dick is on a lot of various stuff on the Network and he's a blast even in short bullshit matches. He's my favorite kind of wrestler: Ugly, with a beer belly, who can bump his ass off, be shockingly athletic, do comedy, and beat the shit out of you all in the same match.

Watched This Is PROGRESS Chapter 11 last night in a bout of sleeplessness. Really enjoyed Cruz & Haskins beating Mastiff and Stixx. Mastiff is a lot of fun and he could be something TRULY special if he'd just lose some weight. I know that's a shitty thing to say but I think some different ring gear is a quick fix for that and would add more to his character.

Loved Swords of Essex. Dickheads! Jimmy Havoc vs Zack Sabre Jr was a ton of fun. I really, REALLY like Jimmy Havoc and they're doing some great stuff with him. Pretty hyped up crowd too. I highly recommend this purchase.

Thanks to Bootaaay for getting me to pull the trigger, definitely plan on picking up future shows. For some reason I don't feel like grabbing the older ones, even though I bought a couple previous. I kind of just want to ride the wave currently.

Awesome, glad you enjoyed it man, PROGRESS are on a proper roll at the moment - I know what you mean about the older shows, they were good for the wrestling and the crowd, but Chapter 9 definitely kicked things up a gear with the storyline stuff. Speaking of which, Jimmy Havoc is doing a wonderful job of being a despicable cunt. Can't wait to see what he does a week on Sunday at Chapter 12.

I'm not in the target demo, but it's sci-fi and is potentially taking money away from sci-fi projects I would be in the target demo for.

This. I want some proper sci-fi, where the themes and setting and scenario aren't incidental and aren't just another way to frame the same freaking "relatable" personal drama stuff that far too many shows lazily fall back upon. Like that show 'The 100' that aired the other night - it's Hunger Games meets Lord of the Flies in space/post-apocalyptic earth with a bunch of dystopian themes, but all of that's just incidental fluff to get to the real meat of the story; will the attractive female lead end up with the roguish, yet attractive bad boy, or the power-hungry, yet also attractive, anarchist who she is so at odds with?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome, glad you enjoyed it man, PROGRESS are on a proper roll at the moment - I know what you mean about the older shows, they were good for the wrestling and the crowd, but Chapter 9 definitely kicked things up a gear with the storyline stuff. Speaking of which, Jimmy Havoc is doing a wonderful job of being a despicable cunt. Can't wait to see what he does a week on Sunday at Chapter 12.

Chapter 12 will be one I buy as soon as it's available on VOD, they've managed to carve out a really good looking niche and I hope they can keep the momentum they've been building.

Do you actually think there's a finite well of "Sci-fi" funding for projects just sitting around and that the projects you dislike are stealing from it? Because the reality is basically just the opposite of that.

Kaladin

This. I want some proper sci-fi, where the themes and setting and scenario aren't incidental and aren't just another way to frame the same freaking "relatable" personal drama stuff that far too many shows lazily fall back upon. Like that show 'The 100' that aired the other night - it's Hunger Games meets Lord of the Flies in space/post-apocalyptic earth with a bunch of dystopian themes, but all of that's just incidental fluff to get to the real meat of the story; will the attractive female lead end up with the roguish, yet attractive bad boy, or the power-hungry, yet also attractive, anarchist who she is so at odds with?

Part of that is The CW, or as I like to call it, "Attractive People Doing Heroic Things Network."

Sokantish

Do you actually think there's a finite well of "Sci-fi" funding for projects just sitting around and that the projects you dislike are stealing from it? Because the reality is basically just the opposite of that.

UM you can only release so many Sci-Fi movies in a year! Everyone knows that Persp.

Pavaloo

You aren't even the target demo, so why give a fuck? And I mean really, Hunger Games is a hell of a lot better than the vapid Sweet Valley High bullshit they were marketing to girls in our generation.

I'm gonna chime in and say - the trend annoyed me, but I didn't let it really bother me with Hunger Games or Divergent. But now they've gone and ruined one of my favourite childhood books (The Giver by Lois Lowry) and made it into a movie for that target demographic. Which just blows. Like I've been waiting for a film adaptation forever and now it's some tweeny bopper sci-fi distopian movie like any other. I'm just 22 years old and I'm already rapidly cursing the younger demographics, it's horrible. Boo-urns

strobogo

Banned
It's in the 60s and sunny and I can't be bothered to even go outside today.

Sunny, why don't you buy me some Microsoft points or Ground Zeroes?

Sephzilla

Dat Eva Greene scene amirite?

tumblr_mi1he1dhav1r9yup6o1_400.gif

Sephzilla

Man, some of these people over at gaming side.

"Should I buy a PS4"

"No! Wait until the price drop happens!"

I think it's cute that people think Sony will drop the price on the PS4 any time within the next 5 years considering that PS4s sell out the moment they hit shelves at their current price.

I'm gonna chime in and say - the trend annoyed me, but I didn't let it really bother me with Hunger Games or Divergent. But now they've gone and ruined one of my favourite childhood books (The Giver by Lois Lowry) and made it into a movie for that target demographic. Which just blows. Like I've been waiting for a film adaptation forever and now it's some tweeny bopper sci-fi distopian movie like any other. I'm just 22 years old and I'm already rapidly cursing the younger demographics, it's horrible. Boo-urns

I don't like your implication that The Giver wasn't already aimed at 12 year old girls.

Don't worry, Sandman. This trend of turning young-adult novels and comic books into movies will soon be over. Because nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain.

Sokantish

"Should I buy a PS4"

I think it's cute that people think Sony will drop the price on the PS4 any time within the next 5 years considering that PS4s sell out the moment they hit shelves at their current price.

Yeah, they should instead wait for exclusives to come out that are worth getting it for.

Don't worry, Sandman. This trend of turning young-adult novels and comic books into movies will soon be over. Because nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain.

Even... TNA?

Pavaloo

"Should I buy a PS4"

let's be real here
I don't like your implication that The Giver wasn't already aimed at 12 year old girls.
;______; it was a different time for 12 year olds back then

DMczaf

Infamous is great at what it does. That is why I'm picking it up this afternoon. Can't wait for some next-gen open world action.

Has there been any documented accounts of Nobuo Uematsu saying that November Rain greatly influenced all if his subsequent Final Fantasy scores?

You guys need to play link between worlds

Link Between Worlds is easily my favorite Zelda game ever. The 3DS is firing on all cylinders and almost one of my favorite series has their best game on the 3DS. Super Mario 3D Land, Link Between Worlds, Resident Evil: Revelations, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies, and the list goes on and on. That's not even counting original amazing titles like Bravely Default, Theatrhythm, Pushmo, Crashmo, Steel Diver, Crimson Shroud, and more.

If the video game industry died tomorrow I could easily declare the 3DS my favorite system of all time.

DMczaf

I've noticed they started using Rock in promotional material more frequently lately. I get the feeling he's going to start his WM31 feud on RAM.

...also, Sting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom