• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Exentryk

Going to miss the fixed notches on the analog stick for easier soft drifting :(

AZA32Nx.jpg

My brother is going to get the US version when his Switch ships on Saturday, but I'/m thinking about going ahead and grabbing the UK version from Amazon since it's up and I'm impatient.

Is there any chance at all that I'll have connectivity issues with my brother and anyone else who owns the US version locally? That's my only concern.

My brother is going to get the US version when his Switch ships on Saturday, but I'/m thinking about going ahead and grabbing the UK version from Amazon since it's up and I'm impatient.

Is there any chance at all that I'll have connectivity issues with my brother and anyone else who owns the US version locally? That's my only concern.
There is no UK and American version, it's the exact same version worldwide.

KingBroly

Banned
Like I said, if Amazon doesn't give me a notification that my order's shipped by...10pm EST, I'm going to cancel it and just buy it digitally. Their CS is zero help today as well

moeman

Ya'll, I dont know what to do with my hype. Haven't picked up a mario kart since 64 so this will be my first one in a loooong time. 8 pm tomorrow evening can't come soon enough!

Neiteio

Ya'll, I dont know what to do with my hype. Haven't picked up a mario kart since 64 so this will be my first one in a loooong time. 8 pm tomorrow evening can't come soon enough!
Oh man, your mind is about to be melted by the awesomeness in store. :-D

Mario Kart 8 is incredible. Easily one of the greatest games Nintendo (or anyone) has ever made.

f@luS

More than a member.
Just tried handheld gameplay. Amazing looking and plays wonderfully

I didn't play much MK8 but is it me or everything is already unlocked from the beginning ? All cups and characters ?
Any point on doing low speed cups then ?

kizmah

Man this game looks gorgeous in handheld mode. And plays like before, in other words like a dream. Make sure to turn of autosteering (when you choose your kart). I fired up a gp and noticed after a few laps that it was on by default.

still waiting on my amazon.jp order to verify... should've just waited for the US eShop lol

well at least it's cheaper.

EDIT: amazon.jp declined my CC.

Changed my eShop region to JP, bought a code...order still being processed. Not sure why this could take "Up to 4 hours", but hey, I saved $20!

moeman

Oh man, your mind is about to be melted by the awesomeness in store. :-D

Mario Kart 8 is incredible. Easily one of the greatest games Nintendo (or anyone) has ever made.

Noooooo that makes my hype shoot up even more haha. Glad to hear the game is so good.

For those of you waiting on amazon I would be patient (as hard as that is for this game). Usually for games like MK8D they use local warehouses so it shouldn't take more than a day to get to you, so if it says the game is arriving by the 28th it will most likely arrive tomorrow.

pringles

Looks and feels amazing in handheld. Battle Mode is super fun so far though I haven't been close to winning a match yet. Some dude just got 24 coins in coin runners, I had 6..

bibs

For some reason, while I can connect to a lobby and vote for a race, once I am waiting for everyone to vote, after a while everybody disconnects and the message 'A communication error has occured appears." The same thing happened constantly while I was playing Splatoon Test Fire as well so not sure what the problem is. On my Wii U, I played a lot of hours of MK8 without a hitch.

Like regular rumble.

Nah Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's rumble is a signicant improvement over the Wii U's and the ball count game in 1 2 Switch couldn't be done with regular rumble. I think we'll see some good HD rumble showcases at E3. It only seems like regular rumble now because nothing's really showing it off.

moai

So if your country doesnt have an eshop you cant display your flag?
Im from the us according to the game.

LeFAIS

I haven't played a Mario Kart game since the SNES days, did my first online match and I got wrecked immediately, but I loved every moment of it.

I'm hooked!

Xdrive05

Amazon is still taking preorders. Does that mean they have plenty of stock and therefore we don't need to worry about them not updating the shipping status yet?

Lylo

Nah Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's rumble is a signicant improvement over the Wii U's and the ball count game in 1 2 Switch couldn't be done with regular rumble. I think we'll see some good HD rumble showcases at E3. It only seems like regular rumble now because nothing's really showing it off.

I'm not talking about the HD rumble technology as whole, it feels great in 1-2 Switch, but it feels like regular rumble in Mario Kart 8 IMO.

I'm not talking about the HD rumble technology, it feels great in 1-2 Switch, but it feels like regular rumble in Mario Kart 8 IMO.

Really? I can notice a pretty big improvement over the Wii U originally, especially when playing with split joycons.

F34R

Same. Third time you have failed me in recent weeks, Amazon. No more wasting money on Prime for me. I mean, they COULD still deliver on time but doubt it. I'll pay $8 more at Walmart when it releases at 12am tonight.

My order still shows "delivery date pending". :-/

Not looking good.

I'm still stuck on "shipping soon" on Amazon.

yep, thats why im not gonna get it from Amazon

Yeah, amazon came back up for me and there is no change in my order status either. It still says it will be delivered to tomorrow but that it hasn't shipped. :(

Mine is still awaiting shipment, but says it'll deliver tomorrow. We know that's not happening. I'm going to wal mart in the morning and picking it up, and when the Amazon order gets here, I'll take that unopened game back to wal mart and get a refund.

I only paid $11.47 via Amazon...

Top Bottom