• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

03sho

So, what's the deal with online racing? Are there single races and tournaments? Ranked and unranked? Single races etc?

Exentryk

First of all, thanks. Appreciate it :D

As for the items, Deluxe normal races seem to be even more stupid that frantic from the Wii U version.

First place can get freaking bombs lol
Lost count of how many times Nathan got rekt an hour or so ago >.>

Haha, that sounds great! But is first place still as elusive as in Wii U, or is it better this time around?

Delio

you can do either :)

i would just create a new account, i don't think you can change region if you have any balance remaining in your account currently.

It will show up playable on my english account once i download it under the japanese account right? I remember Splatoon test fire showing up so if it's the same with that then nice.

aka_bueno

What's the process of buying it from Japanese Amazon digitally? You buy a MK8D game code or is it eShop credit code you buy to then buy it from the Japanese eShop?

It will show up playable on my english account once i download it under the japanese account right? I remember Splatoon test fire showing up so if it's the same with that then nice.
Yup! It even worked with the save data from an early UK copy I got, everything worked flawlessly.

Jafku

I have eshop money on my US account can I make an EU account and use the funds to download the EU copy? or Do I have to wait until Midnight?

Plum

I can actually make a small profit on the boxed version trading in for cash at CEX. Really tempted to do so when my copy arrives tomorrow and get it digitally for £14 extra. It's a hard decision that's for sure.

Exentryk

So stats all changed eh? And Morton is no longer top tier? Guess I'll be picking a new character then. Might have to go with Dry Bowser, but he covers too much of the screen. But I guess Wario isn't any better in this regard, so whatever =/

I need someone to make a stats calculator like this one for Deluxe - http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/5196/mk8stats.html

Been playing pretty much all day.

...Frantic was peaceful in comparison.

Amazing! I think I might have to buy a Switch.

I can actually make a small profit on the boxed version trading in for cash at CEX. Really tempted to do so when my copy arrives tomorrow and get it digitally for £14 extra. It's a hard decision that's for sure.
you can get it off amazon JP for £42~

KaYotiX

Banned
Kinda worrying that amazon hasn't even prepared to ship my copy yet. This is the latest it's ever been for me.

Never had amazon miss a date. I've said it before, I've had the game in my hands then had emails saying its shipped.

I wouldn't worry

The digital copy? I'd rather not bother with seperate accounts if I can avoid it.

Yeah, I want to avoid buying this on a separate account from my account that has all of my other purchases. Can anyone confirm if it's possible to change the Region Setting in my Nintendo Account online to Japan, buy the game, then switch back to Canada? Is that kosher?

fernoca

Amazon is a mess a lot of times for me. Is why I usually order stuff I'm in no rush to get.

Their tradition of putting two weeks delivery estimates, have the orders sitting there and then see them ship my orders next day shipping on the day before the last day of the two weeks estimate...was a good lesson. XD

Yeah, I want to avoid buying this on a separate account from my account that has all of my other purchases. Can anyone confirm if it's possible to change the Region Setting in my Nintendo Account online to Japan, buy the game, then switch back to Canada? Is that kosher?
i think so but i don't think you can change region if you have any eshop balance. maybe someone else can confirm.

orioto

Good Art™
By the way did they simplify the way you see your friends in time trial leaderboard and use their ghosts ?

It was a mess.
How complicated is it Nintendo, it's so perfect in Evolution racers. Having direct and clear way tos ee our friend's times and beat them.. that adds so much to a racing game to me.

Strider

I've played 2-3 hours now.. If they could just revert the double item slot change that'd be great lol

It feels like Wii Us frantic all the time now. Playing actual frantic is something I never want to experience.

Top Bottom